X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

How 'bout Lamont Jordan

According to Chris Brown, the raiders want to unload him to avoid a $ 4.75 Million roster bonus due on Wednesday. They will try to trade him, but may cut him if they can't.

Jordan had 1500 all purpose yards in 2005. Everyone on the Raiders' offense had a horrible year in 2006, but that might not be Jordan's fault. Jordan is 29 but has low miles. I wouldn't trade for him and end up having to pay the roster bonus, but do you think Levy should make a point of learning Jordan's phone number in case he gets cut?

(second entry)
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: How 'bout Lamont Jordan

I'd take him.

Comment

• The Answer
      The Plagiarist
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by TigerJ
      According to Chris Brown, the raiders want to unload him to avoid a $ 4.75 Million roster bonus due on Wednesday. They will try to trade him, but may cut him if they can't.

Jordan had 1500 all purpose yards in 2005. Everyone on the Raiders' offense had a horrible year in 2006, but that might not be Jordan's fault. Jordan is 29 but has low miles. I wouldn't trade for him and end up having to pay the roster bonus, but do you think Levy should make a point of learning Jordan's phone number in case he gets cut?

(second entry)
      Not sure that pillaging the Raider's roster any further is THE ANSWER here - unless it's on the defensive side of the football where they have some talent.

~The Answer

Comment

• Bert102176
        • Aug 2002

yep I mentioned this the other day
        lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• RockStar36
          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
          • Sep 2004

He and A-Train would make a nice combo. I don't know how good I'd feel about having just Jordan though. It would be worth looking into if a trade for McGahee would work. I'd somewhat enjoy watching him in Oakland.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Italian Stallion
            Knows More Than You
            • Feb 2004

I'd love to have him. He's been stuck on the awful Raiders for the last 2 years, but he is very talented. I think we'd have to pair someone else with him in the backfield, but this dude had 70 receptions in 2005! He can catch, run and blitz pick up, and he's under 30....(less miles on him like CB says too)

I'd give up a 3rd rounder....or swap with Thrillis McNasty
            BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• mysticsoto
              Too sober for this...
              • Apr 2004

No way!!! LaMont Jordan is not an elite RB and is average at best. We'd be moving downward in trading him & Willis. Besides, the pay Ahman Green got and what the other RBs available will likely want will not equal their worth. I know people don't like Willis...fine. Don't like him. But put up with him for 1 more year. We lose out if we trade him...if we miss out on Peterson, Lynch or Bush, the dropoff is great enough that it is not worth it. And for us to grab one such as Lynch or Bush, we would likely have to use our 1st rounder when we still need to draft and focus on our run D. We don't need to create any more holes for ourselves!!!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

I'd send McGahee to Oakland for Jordan, if they flip-flopped positions with Buffalo in round 1 as well.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                  • Jul 2003

This has become a mute point.

Oakland re-worked Jordan's contract and will keep him.

Comment

Working...
                  X