New letter to Scott about this weeks depravity....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

New letter to Scott about this weeks depravity....

Scott,

After looking at today's power rankings and writing next to the chair I fell off of, I think to myself why would Ottawa who lost the last 2 games they have played go up in the power rankings?? Their health obviously isn't enough to overcome the Blackhawk juggernaut (3 worst team in the league) & the 2 PP goals they scored in Atlanta is the only time they did anything on the board. It makes little sense that a team that has been outscored 8-7 in the past 3 games stays ahead of a team like the Sabres who outscored their opponents 17-7 in their last 3 games, all of which we're wins against teams fighting for their playoff lives.

You can come back with the health issue all you want but in last years poll Ottawa outscoring opponents by a wide margin was the reason they we're ahead of the Sabres in your power standings but now that holds no water when the shoe is on the other foot? Remember what happened when Ottawa met Buffalo last year in the playoffs with injuries?? The Sabres killed them in the series 4-1, quickest series we had.

Moral of the story is your calling the Sabres replacement players call-ups, when almost all the NHL teams would call them starter's. If your going to have a "Power Rankings" post, rank the teams as they play, how they win and where they stand, not as you randomly feel.

Skooby

P.S. If Buffalo sees Ottawa in the playoffs this year, Neil, Spezza and Heatley's blood will run before the Sabres walk away winners.
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: New letter to Scott about this weeks depravity....

Next time tell him to pull his head out of his ass and watch some hockey.

Comment

• mchurchfie
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
      P.S. If Buffalo sees Ottawa in the playoffs this year, Neil, Spezza and Heatley's blood will run before the Sabres walk away winners.
      Damn Skoob, way to get all medieval on his ass.
      My Band
      daveviterna.com

Comment

• SkateZilla
        • Dec 2002

your wasting your time, you can right him letters up the wazoo... it wont make any difference..
        Skate Zilla
        -----------------------
        Skate Zilla HD Studios:
        SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
          Legendary Zoner
          • Jul 2002

Didn't you read that other thread? The douche writes him back.

Comment

• mchurchfie
            • Jul 2002

:snicker2:
            My Band
            daveviterna.com

Comment

• JD
              Sabres Zone
              • Sep 2003

Why did you sign it Skooby?? Now hes going to think we are a bunch of tools
              “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                Why did you sign it Skooby?? Now hes going to think we are a bunch of tools
                He knows me.

Comment

• casdhf
                  • Jul 2002

I hope you really signed it Skooby.
                  Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                  cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                    Roways rooking ahread!
                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by casdhf
                    I hope you really signed it Skooby.
                    I did, he knows me.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Is this the wealthy friend?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                        Roways rooking ahread!
                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                        Is this the wealthy friend?
                        How many rich repoters do you know of besides katie couric & the one's on TV?

Comment

• SabreEleven
                          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
                          He knows me.
                          Does he admit this?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                            Roways rooking ahread!
                            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by SabreEleven
                            Does he admit this?
                            I guess so here is his response:

Scott's reply:

Skooby,

There are two Sabres call-ups - Stafford and MacArthur - that would be starters for other teams. Kaleta, Ryan, Mancari are all marginal.

If you think I do my rankings how I randomly feel, then I wouldn't bother reading them. They're obviously of no value.

Regards,

Scott Cullen

On-line Producer, TSN.ca

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

My reply to him:

Scott,

Your rankings are a reflection of TSN.ca, which I and many others consider a Canadian ESPN. Since Hockey has such a following around different circles especially in Canada you represent the collective press and how they feel about different teams around the league. Part of being objective in any type of power ranking scenario has to involve the collection of many variables to come to any singular conclusion about where a team belongs in a "ranked" system.

The reason you receive such a backlash when you dismiss what a truly deep and talented the Sabres have is because we as fans of WNY teams are sick and tired of tasting urine in our collective soup. Everytime something good happens in the WNY area even in sporting events, it gets taken away and fails. We never win the big one and always find a way of killing ourselves by nature but this year Lindy and the boys have it all together and you like most folks outside of WNY cannot stand it.

You put the # 1 team in total points (up until tonight), with 30 more goals scored (when factoring in games in hand) than the next closest team, 4th on your rankings? If Ottawa had the same stats as the Sabres, would they be in 1st in your rankings? They we're all of last year and never left the top couple, ever. You still had them ranked #1 going into this season to start and had them all ready to roll even though the Sabres shredded them during the playoffs.

If Ottawa had injuries to 6 of it's starters including their captain, I don't think they would make the playoffs this year even at this point of the season with 82 points. They couldn't afford to lose players because they are lacking something the Sabres have, depth. The Sabres are so deep, they literally lost thousands of regular season minutes of logged ice yet to this point nearly lead the league in all the important categories. We lead 5 on 5 scoring by ~20 goals, yet we are using marginal people to play? If you have people you refer to as "Marginal" playing wouldn't the 5 on 5 be a disadvantage to the Sabres instead of their strength?

So to sum it up neatly for you using your logic, when the Sabres do become healthy before the playoffs, they should occupy the #1 and #2 spots in your poll. #1 Belongs to the Sabres starter's who mean so much to get the "power" ranking and #2 for those "Marginal" rochester players that help us win more games than anyone else in the league.

Skooby

P.S. If we we're in Detroit's conference and had to play the same teams they did all year, we would have had the president's trophy in hand already with half the rochester squad playing for us.

Comment

Working...
                              X