PDA

View Full Version : Everyone you have to admitt the Pats are having an amazing offseason!

BILLSROCK1212
03-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Not only have the kept almost their whole team from last year but they signed Adalius Thomas and traded for Wes Welker and are making a very strong push for Randy Moss. Some of you may disagree but I think even if those are only three additions and in the long run it won't help much but in the short run this team is a contender for the Super Bowl like it or not. We have a shot at the division this year but it won't come easy because in my opinion by the end of the offseason the Pats may have the best team that they have had since there last Super Bowl win or maybe even better and that says a lot. Critisize me all you want but the Pats aren't going away.

LtFinFan66
03-05-2007, 05:39 PM
not sure about amazing but very good

Mitchy moo
03-05-2007, 05:40 PM
We'll see.

The Answer
03-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Not only have the kept almost their whole team from last year but they signed Adalius Thomas and traded for Wes Welker and are making a very strong push for Randy Moss. Some of you may disagree but I think even if those are only three additions and in the long run it won't help much but in the short run this team is a contender for the Super Bowl like it or not. We have a shot at the division this year but it won't come easy because in my opinion by the end of the offseason the Pats may have the best team that they have had since there last Super Bowl win or maybe even better and that says a lot. Critisize me all you want but the Pats aren't going away.

Once again the path to the AFC East championship will go through New England - But The Answer expected this regardless of any big FA signings.

We don't win a game against them in 2007 and you can kiss any hopes at a wildcard spot goodbye - Brady & Belechik will be running strong well into the next decade.

~The Answer

justasportsfan
03-05-2007, 05:53 PM
here's the thing. These guys are arguably overspending to make an already playoff team even better and some people are complaining that we're overspending as well to try and keep up. Who do they think we are , the dolphins?

Ickybaluky
03-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Donte' Stallworth is in town visiting tonight, per Adam Schefter on NFL Network.

Saratoga Slim
03-05-2007, 06:45 PM
I can see Stallworth, but is there anything to the Moss rumor?

feelthepain
03-05-2007, 06:51 PM

Can't argue.

Ickybaluky
03-05-2007, 06:54 PM
I can see Stallworth, but is there anything to the Moss rumor?

I don't think so. I don't think the Pats go there. Between having to work out the contract and come up with trade value I think it would never work, let alone the other issues that come with Moss.

I guess you never know, but I think the talk of the Pats interest is a lot of... Mularkey.

ddaryl
03-05-2007, 07:30 PM
I think the Pats are overdue for a string of very bad luck this year.

YardRat
03-05-2007, 07:38 PM
They've made some nice moves and are certainly putting themselves in a position to make a return trip to the Super Bowl.

Goobylal
03-05-2007, 07:43 PM
I wouldn't call their deal for Welker a "great" move. Getting Thomas seems to be one...but it's been pointed-out that 10 defensive players have left the Ravens and NONE of them have been successful after leaving, and it's not like the Pats have an easy system. Plus Thomas will be on the wrong side of 30 when the season starts.

As for Moss, I said this before, but I think he's washed-up. But I still wouldn't want to see him on the Pats and prove me wrong.

Jan Reimers
03-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Thomas is pretty good. Welker, for whom they grossly overpaid, is average. Moss is a cancer. Amazing?

Not.

redsoxkick101
03-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Ok. Enough with payers being overpaid. There is more money to go around because the cap is higher first of all. Second, wes is what the patriots love. The kid has a lot of heart and is very young. His numbers keep going up every year and he has enevr had a decent qb in Miami so who are we to say is just an ok player?

jdbillsfan
03-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Ok. Enough with payers being overpaid. There is more money to go around because the cap is higher first of all. Second, wes is what the patriots love. The kid has a lot of heart and is very young. His numbers keep going up every year and he has enevr had a decent qb in Miami so who are we to say is just an ok player?

I think if you throw in the 2nd and 7th rounder you can say they overpaid.

feelthepain
03-05-2007, 09:47 PM
Thomas is pretty good. Welker, for whom they grossly overpaid, is average. Moss is a cancer. Amazing?

Not.

Really, just curious...what's your opion of Dockery??

The Spaz
03-05-2007, 09:50 PM
Really, just curious...what's your opion of Dockery??

I can't wait to hear yours when we play you.:up:

SquishDaFish
03-05-2007, 09:53 PM
I wouldnt be too hapy about Stallworth. Hes in REHAB lol

feelthepain
03-05-2007, 09:53 PM
I can't wait to hear yours when we play you.:up:

He's an avg gaurd, nothing to write home about.

SquishDaFish
03-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Miami Sucks! SQUISH the damn FISH

SquishDaFish
03-05-2007, 09:55 PM
An average guard you would love to have FTP.

Jersey1031
03-05-2007, 09:56 PM
Ok. Enough with payers being overpaid. There is more money to go around because the cap is higher first of all. Second, wes is what the patriots love. The kid has a lot of heart and is very young. His numbers keep going up every year and he has never had a decent qb in Miami so who are we to say is just an ok player?

Yea Nick, they gave up 37 some-odd million, a 2nd, and a 7th for him... And if everyone keeps paying 5-7 million/year there will be no more cap room very fast, and not room to sign anyone.

***Plus, the fact that had you offered that contract to Deon Branch (unarguably better than Welker) you could have signed him and not have faced that holdout.

Devin
03-05-2007, 10:07 PM
The pats sign all-world LB Thomas, a ST threat and probably with Brady great #2 or #3 WR are close to a deal for Randy Moss and on top of that have 2 1st round picks.

Not only have they had the best offseason of any team but there doesnt appear to be an end in sight.

feelthepain
03-05-2007, 10:31 PM
The pats sign all-world LB Thomas, a ST threat and probably with Brady great #2 or #3 WR are close to a deal for Randy Moss and on top of that have 2 1st round picks.

Not only have they had the best offseason of any team but there doesnt appear to be an end in sight.

They are clearly the best team in the division and getting better by the second, but one injured QB and they fall back to the pack.

Devin
03-05-2007, 10:58 PM
This is true.

It would probably be wrong to pray for that, but the fact that he rails supermodels when hes not winning superbowls does get him some cool points.

Nonetheless.

:pray:

Crisis
03-05-2007, 11:04 PM
They are clearly the best team in the division and getting better by the second, but one injured QB and they fall back to the pack.

How many teams aren't an injury away at QB from falling back?

Dumb.