PDA

View Full Version : How much impact will it really be on the Defense?

raphael120
03-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Ok, lets get one thing straight...we lost 2 solid players. They both made plays, but how much will we really be behind next year on defense? I am one of the believers that thinks it won't be as bad as you think.

First off..>Fletch, class act, but he was one of the reasons why we were ranked 30th in run D last season, made tons of tackles, but he could not attack...therefore, we get an attacking rookie LB in there, and I think we will soon forget the days of Fletch...

Next, lets take a close look at Clements...was this guy a gamechanger? Sure...in the last part of the 2006 season, where he was playing for a contract. I'm sorry, but his play in Buffalo was never really very impactful...he showed up to games, but did he really play his heart out? I'd have to think he may be playing for himself more than for the team...but you could say that about the lot of veterans that were just sick of being on a perrenially losing team...(see Moulds, Fletch, McGahee (to some extent) and maybe Spikes) And in this defense anyways, the safties are the ones playing deep, not the corners, so the role of the corner is limited and not as important as the safeties...and if you ask me, our S core is going to be even better this year, meaning it will take pressure off the CBs...

I'm one of the believers that Kiwaukee is a great CB and really caught on lately...if he returns has yet to be seen...but if we were at such a loss in the CB area, I think we would have addressed it with more urgency than the Oline signings...mind you, these 3 OL's were the only ones scheduled to come to OBD, no CBs mentioned...meaning we will probably draft another CB, or the coaches have seen enough to warrent giving Youboty a shot...there has to be some reason why he was projected in the 2nd round...but again, why did he slip to the 4th? We will soon find out...all I'm saying is that both the Colts and the Bears have one great CB (and thats debatable) paired with an average CB...rememeber, it's when the Colts got their star SS back, thats when that unit really tightened up...

In closing, I think we'll be fine, losing the old and bringing in new talent, I think at some point in the season, we'll take our lumps at those positions, but at the end of the season, i think we will be better off than we were going into the end of last season...some people are crying that the sky is falling and our offense will be sick and the defense will suck...i beg to differ...i think we will be in the middle of the pack on both sides of the ball, and even better on offense if JP kicks that gun of an arm fully loaded.

All that needs to come into place is what marv has planned for the draft, I think come draft time...and we see what we get, we will be very confidence on both sides of the ball going into next season, and I for one am happy that we can honestly not feel like JP is going to get killed behind this Oline.

McBFLO
03-05-2007, 10:39 PM
Well thought out. Nice post. I hope you're right.

djjimkelly
03-05-2007, 10:47 PM
nate will hurt IMO fletcher mark my words this is best move for bills D. think of this when did u ever see fletcher making a play at the LOS or for loss. NEVER. he was the master of tackling a guy for a 4-6 yard gain. he will not be missed by mid season we will all be howling at what a joke he was. yes he made a few nice picks last year ill say any LB in the cover 2 scheme would have done the same. in fact a 6'2 MLB may have had more picks!!!!

Bert102176
03-05-2007, 10:49 PM
I heard that Kiwaukee wants to be close to home so I doubt he will sign back with us