PDA

View Full Version : The empire strikes back!

X-Era
03-06-2007, 06:46 AM
Thomas jones traded to the Jets

Pats and Fins scheduled to meet with Donte Stallworth

Pats land Welker to a 5 year 18. something mill deal

Fins said to be going after character players only

Better keep up Marv, the offseason is a war. We got lineman, but we still have big holes, keep going, dont stop.

TacklingDummy
03-06-2007, 07:26 AM
I don't see where the Bills improved all that much. Granted they signed one good o-lineman and 2 scrubs. We also lost one of the best CBs in the NFL, lost our starting MLB, still need a WR, dicking around with the RB situation, looking to trade another starting LB, still weak at DT, overpayed for an average DE, signed Wire, Williams,etc.....

Will 1 o-lineman really make that much of a difference? Ask Minnesota if Hutchinson turned them into a winner.

As of right now I see the Bills fighting Miami to stay out of the basement in the AFC East.

X-Era
03-06-2007, 07:30 AM
I don't see where the Bills improved all that much. Granted they signed one good o-lineman and 2 scrubs. We also lost one of the best CBs in the NFL, lost our starting MLB, still need a WR, dicking around with the RB situation, looking to trade another starting LB, still weak at DT, overpayed for an anverage DE, signed Wire, Williams,etc.....

Will 1 o-lineman really make that much of a difference? Ask Minnesota if Hutchinson turned them into a winner.

As of right now I see the Bills fighting Miami to stay out of the basement in the AFC East.

See, I was with ya up till this statement, " As of right now I see the Bills fighting Miami to stay out of the basement in the AFC East"

How exactly do we go from being an up and coming team that was in the playoffs hunt up till the last 2 games, to becoming one of the leagues worst?

Your smarter than this. Theres little tangible upgrade so far, but is it THAT much of a leap to assume Evans-Losman connection gets even better? That our passing gets alot better due to a better OL?

We lost 2 players and are less than a week into FA, still havent had the draft.

Its this type of negativity that keeps you in the red.

R. Rich
03-06-2007, 07:34 AM
I don't see where the Bills improved all that much. Granted they signed one good o-lineman and 2 scrubs. We also lost one of the best CBs in the NFL, lost our starting MLB, still need a WR, dicking around with the RB situation, looking to trade another starting LB, still weak at DT, overpayed for an average DE, signed Wire, Williams,etc.....

Agreed. You know, @ the pace we're going, we'll never win the March Championship.

Damn you, Levy!

TacklingDummy
03-06-2007, 07:36 AM
How exactly do we go from being an up and coming team that was in the playoffs hunt up till the last 2 games, to becoming one of the leagues worst?

Your smarter than this. Theres little tangible upgrade so far, but is it THAT much of a leap to assume Evans-Losman connection gets even better? That our passing gets alot better due to a better OL?

Buffalo 7-9
Miami 6-10

If they would have split last year they would have had the same records.

Did Buffalo get noticeably better in FA? No, they got worse.
Did Miami? Beats me, haven't followed them.

Evans will not have the kind of year he had last year. Teams will have caught on to Losman's 1 trick pony.

patmoran2006
03-06-2007, 08:44 AM
See, I was with ya up till this statement, " As of right now I see the Bills fighting Miami to stay out of the basement in the AFC East"

well, while Buffalo has improved so has the two teams above us.

The Jets now have a legit RB in Thomas Jones, someone who has proven he could both move the chains and be a threat to take it all the way.. He's not the best RB in the league, but he's extremely valuable to the Jets and will be a great fit. Unlike last year, the Jets havent lost anyone of importance. They have a great young coach, two absolute STUD's on the OL and a smart if not flashy QB. They already were on the way up (playoffs) and I dont see anything this offseason that says they are headed back down.

NE is the creme of the crop already, and will remain that until beaten. They scored the top LB in the FA market (easily) and now arguably have the best front seven in football. A Thomas and Covin, with those guys up front, that could get scary. Nobody talks about it, but they also franchised and have back Samuels, who was possibly the best DB in the NFL the second half of last year.

So Buffalo will be forecasted to fight with Miami to stay out of the cellar in most publications this season; and rightfully so. Until they go on the field and produce a playoff calibre season, that's not (nor should it) change.

I'm not saying they can't win, sure they can. Having a competent OL is the one thing we havent' had in years.. SO sure it's possible. But everyone outside of Bills fans will doubt us until we prove people wrong. FOr seven years running, we havent.

BleedinGreenNC
03-06-2007, 08:50 AM
an o-line is key to success, look at what we did with two rookies on the line. You guys will be ok, imo you overpaid a little, but it should work out, i just can t understand why you would trade Willis, if your fixing your offensive line, why get rid of your main back?

ublinkwescore
03-06-2007, 08:59 AM

can't you tell he's just trying to rattle cages - something that's against TOS if I'm not mistaken (provocation) - he wants to stay in the red, I'll accomodate his wishes.

this guy claims to be older than me and a Bills fan longer - Ok, so what - at least I'm still in touch with reality and not widely viewed as a joke on here.

HHURRICANE
03-06-2007, 09:00 AM
an o-line is key to success, look at what we did with two rookies on the line. You guys will be ok, imo you overpaid a little, but it should work out, i just can t understand why you would trade Willis, if your fixing your offensive line, why get rid of your main back?

Good post and you are right. Your OL was huge in your success last year. With a running back and Pennington staying healthy you will be a very good team next year.

As for the Bills I don't see McGahee leaving Buffalo unless we are getting Briggs for him. It's too early to annoit any team so I'll be patient and wait.

Mr. Miyagi
03-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Stallworth doesn't scare me. He'll play maybe 7 games if he's lucky.

Wes Welker? :rofl:

North_Coast
03-06-2007, 09:18 AM
Buffalo 7-9
Miami 6-10

Did Buffalo get noticeably better in FA? No, they got worse.
Did Miami? Beats me, haven't followed them.

Evans will not have the kind of year he had last year. Teams will have caught on to Losman's 1 trick pony.

First off, Buffalo and Miami didn't split. Buffalo beat the Carp decisively twice. Kicked their tailfins both times, in fact, even in the heat and humidity of Miami in September.

Secondly, in case you've been marooned on Mars for the last decade, you might notice that an offense can't be consistently good unless the OL is consistently good. It's going to take some time for the old and new OL players to "gel", but at least the Bills now have some talent on the OL. FA signee, Jason Whittle, for example, provides the kind of quality OL depth that the Bills haven't had in at least a decade. In fact, he probably would have been a starter on many previous years' editions of the Bills' OL.

As for getting worse because of the loss of Nate and London, I think that might be an overstatement. London was simply not a good cover2 MLB. Whether the Bills move Crowell to the middle, sign a FA, or draft a MLB, they were looking for somebody different there. Nate is a big loss, but the Bills were resigned to losing him last year, which is why they drafted Youboty. Keep in mind that in the zone pass defensive scheme of the cover2, a team doesn't need top notch CBs as much as top notch safeties, which the Bills drafted last year.

FYI, Miami has cleaned their offensive house with a vengeance that would put Merry Maids to shame. They will need to sign bodies just to field an offense!

I think that JP Losman showed in the second half of last season that he can hit any of his receivers if he has some time, which he should have more of this season since an improved OL makes any good QB better. That said, I happen to think Losman-to-Evans is going to be a combo that haunts defenses for seasons to come.

TacklingDummy
03-06-2007, 10:01 AM
can't you tell he's just trying to rattle cages - something that's against TOS if I'm not mistaken (provocation) - he wants to stay in the red, I'll accomodate his wishes.

this guy claims to be older than me and a Bills fan longer - Ok, so what - at least I'm still in touch with reality and not widely viewed as a joke on here.

1) I see you're whining again. Opinions are not against the TOS.

2) Link? Where have I ever claimed im older than you or for anyone else for that matter? Where have I claimed I been a Bills fan longer? Link? Does it really matter who was a Bills fan longer? Ublink, you're bigger than accusing me of stuff.

Mitchy moo
03-06-2007, 10:06 AM
Miami is great & the Bills suck, right FTP? Dude, we smoked your team twice last season. It wasn't even close in either game, so plan on having alot farther to go then Buffalo. You have NO real QB and new coaches.

The last buffalo fan
03-06-2007, 10:07 AM
First off, Buffalo and Miami didn't split. Buffalo beat the Carp decisively twice. Kicked their tailfins both times, in fact, even in the heat and humidity of Miami in September.

Secondly, in case you've been marooned on Mars for the last decade, you might notice that an offense can't be consistently good unless the OL is consistently good. It's going to take some time for the old and new OL players to "gel", but at least the Bills now have some talent on the OL. FA signee, Jason Whittle, for example, provides the kind of quality OL depth that the Bills haven't had in at least a decade. In fact, he probably would have been a starter on many previous years' editions of the Bills' OL.

As for getting worse because of the loss of Nate and London, I think that might be an overstatement. London was simply not a good cover2 MLB. Whether the Bills move Crowell to the middle, sign a FA, or draft a MLB, they were looking for somebody different there. Nate is a big loss, but the Bills were resigned to losing him last year, which is why they drafted Youboty. Keep in mind that in the zone pass defensive scheme of the cover2, a team doesn't need top notch CBs as much as top notch safeties, which the Bills drafted last year.

FYI, Miami has cleaned their offensive house with a vengeance that would put Merry Maids to shame. They will need to sign bodies just to field an offense!

I think that JP Losman showed in the second half of last season that he can hit any of his receivers if he has some time, which he should have more of this season since an improved OL makes any good QB better. That said, I happen to think Losman-to-Evans is going to be a combo that haunts defenses for seasons to come.

:up:

TacklingDummy
03-06-2007, 10:09 AM

First off, Buffalo and Miami didn't split. Buffalo beat the Carp decisively twice.

At the skill positions Culpepper, Brown, Porter, and Chambers as a unit arguable are better than Losman, Evans, McGahee, and Price.

justasportsfan
03-06-2007, 10:14 AM
The Pats and jets are still better. all we have is potential until we see results on the field.