PDA

View Full Version : Latest NFl.com mock has us taking Leon Hall!

X-Era
03-06-2007, 07:25 AM
Im sitting here worrying about our pass D with adding of Welker (he doesnt scare me), and then hearing Stallworth REALLY wants to sign with the Pats.

Then I find this:

12. Buffalo: Leon Hall, CB, Michigan The Bills worked free agency hard to upgrade their offensive line, so that won't be addressed with this pick. However, they lack a satisfactory replacement for Nate Clements, whom they lost in the open market. Hall soared to the top of his position with a 4.39-second 40-yard dash at the Combine, and Marv Levy and Dick Jauron love his character. The Bills also will likely consider Mississippi inside linebacker Patrick Willis to replace another free-agent loss, London Fletcher.

Sounds as if Vic knows something about who we like at 12.

DMBcrew36
03-06-2007, 07:29 AM
I can't complain. Michigan is my team and I would love to see him in a Bills jersey. Take Hall in 1st round and linebacker Siler in 2nd round. Unless we get Briggs :)

Earthquake Enyart
03-06-2007, 07:43 AM
:up:

ddaryl
03-06-2007, 08:01 AM
I have no problem with a CB at 12.

still be nice to address the DL some more though

TacklingDummy
03-06-2007, 08:07 AM
The mock draft I found on NFL.com has the Bills taking Lynch. I like Kirwans mock better. We drafted Youboty last year to replace Nate.

12. Buffalo: Marshawn Lynch, RB, California -- Whether Willis McGahee gets traded or not, it is time for the Bills to get a new back. The Bills are using free agency to grab offensive linemen, and if they go with Lynch, McGahee could be traded on draft day. Buffalo does need defensive help after losing London Fletcher and Nate Clements in free agency, but it is probably too high in the draft to take Mississippi linebacker Patrick Willis, so a trade, free agency and the rest of the draft will be used to solve those problems.

http://nfl.com/draft/story/10038014

Jan Reimers
03-06-2007, 08:17 AM
I still say that of all the positions on this team, we are absolutely the weakest and thinnest at LB. But if we could get a guy like Siler in the 2nd round, I guess a Hall, or Lynch, or Okoye would be fine in the first.

patmoran2006
03-06-2007, 08:27 AM
This isnt news, he's been our pick on several mocks.. "Logically" it makes sense as we lose Clements and havent resigned THomas..

Personally, I dont want a CB in round one, and I DEFINITELY don't want this guy. I dont care about workout numbers and things like that, Ohio State ABUSED the **** out of him and thats what I remember.

If we go CB, I hope we trade down and take someone like Reevis or Houston.

Hall aint worth the 12th pick. I'm hoping with someone at 12 that they can step up and be an improvement over what we had at that spot last year. There is no way in hell any CB is going to be any improvement over Clements, especially as a rookie!

For that reason; I really think there are four players the Bills will truly look at, if they stay at #12

1- Okoye- People call him the next Tommie Harris (well I do anyway) and he would get a chance to get a lot of playing time immediately. We have to do SOMETHING on our DL, our DL wasnt good enough last year and we have the exact same people back.

2- Patrick Willis- Good enough to start from day one at MLB, probably a better fit for a cover two than Fletcher was, and we could leave Crowell alone then at OLB, which he was growing into a GREAT player before the injury.

3- Marshawn Lynch: I think 12 is too high for him, but if Levy is 100% convinced that Willis is done this could be the pick. Again, personally I'd rather have a RB by committee this year and go after a RB in a very deep class next season. Not sure if any of the guys past Peterson are going to be a franchise type back. IF bush, walker, etc are going to be decent backs in the NFL but not stars, then why waste a day one pick on a RB?

4- WR- I don't see this happening but I think it would be a good pick for Losman. I'd love to see Bowe on this team, I think he's going to better than Jarrett and Ginn. 12 is too high for that though, plus with these crippling FA losses on Defense and the probability we're done signing impact FA's, might not have a choice but to go heavy on defense during the draft.

Earthquake Enyart
03-06-2007, 08:29 AM
This isnt news, he's been our pick on several mocks.. "Logically" it makes sense as we lose Clements and havent resigned THomas..

Whatever you do, don't let "logic" enter into anything. :rolleyes:

patmoran2006
03-06-2007, 08:32 AM
My problem isnt with a CB.. My problem is with Leon Hall at 12.

jpdex12
03-06-2007, 08:44 AM
My problem isnt with a CB.. My problem is with Leon Hall at 12.

He got raped by Dwayne Jarrett as well!

Saratoga Slim
03-06-2007, 09:46 AM

Personally, I dont want a CB in round one, and I DEFINITELY don't want this guy. I dont care about workout numbers and things like that, Ohio State ABUSED the **** out of him and thats what I remember.

If we go CB, I hope we trade down and take someone like Reevis or Houston.

Hall aint worth the 12th pick. I'm hoping with someone at 12 that they can step up and be an improvement over what we had at that spot last year. There is no way in hell any CB is going to be any improvement over Clements, especially as a rookie!

For that reason; I really think there are four players the Bills will truly look at, if they stay at #12

1- Okoye- People call him the next Tommie Harris (well I do anyway) and he would get a chance to get a lot of playing time immediately. We have to do SOMETHING on our DL, our DL wasnt good enough last year and we have the exact same people back.

2- Patrick Willis- Good enough to start from day one at MLB, probably a better fit for a cover two than Fletcher was, and we could leave Crowell alone then at OLB, which he was growing into a GREAT player before the injury.

3- Marshawn Lynch: I think 12 is too high for him, but if Levy is 100% convinced that Willis is done this could be the pick. Again, personally I'd rather have a RB by committee this year and go after a RB in a very deep class next season. Not sure if any of the guys past Peterson are going to be a franchise type back. IF bush, walker, etc are going to be decent backs in the NFL but not stars, then why waste a day one pick on a RB?

4- WR- I don't see this happening but I think it would be a good pick for Losman. I'd love to see Bowe on this team, I think he's going to better than Jarrett and Ginn. 12 is too high for that though, plus with these crippling FA losses on Defense and the probability we're done signing impact FA's, might not have a choice but to go heavy on defense during the draft.

I agree 100%. I'm most excited about Okoye or Willis at #12.

Hall and Lynch just don't seem to be good value picks, whether or not they'd be useful to address needs.