PDA

View Full Version : Joey Porter a Dolphin

ZacGriffi~82
03-06-2007, 07:47 AM
WPXI-Channel 11 is reporting this morning that former Steelers linebacker Joey Porter will sign today with the Miami Dolphins. Porter will sign a five-year deal for about $24 million, WPXI reports. He will get a signing bonus of about $12 million

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/rss/s_496362.html

Earthquake Enyart
03-06-2007, 07:48 AM
So much for them signing "character" players. :snicker:

justasportsfan
03-06-2007, 07:58 AM
watch my beeyotch ftp start yapping about the signing.

The King
03-06-2007, 07:59 AM
Sirius has reported this as well.

ZacGriffi~82
03-06-2007, 08:00 AM
It will be fun to have someone to hate. Maybe he'll spark the rivalry that has been lacking something lately.

feelthepain
03-06-2007, 08:00 AM
Sounds like sour grapes from "Justa-little-figat" !!

justasportsfan
03-06-2007, 08:03 AM
Sounds like sour grapes from "little figat" Justa!!haha! you could've signed Thomas and I wouldn't care. Is he gonna make up for your crappy DB's? Is he gonna make up for your crappy QB? He bettter catch the ball well too because Chambers is no no. 1.

Talk0fNewYork
03-06-2007, 08:05 AM
So much for Porters career!

Devin
03-06-2007, 08:07 AM
I dont know man I think its a decent signing. Crowder-Thomas-Porter is a pretty formidable LB corps.

With Taylor in front of them no less. :ill:

feelthepain
03-06-2007, 08:07 AM
So much for Porters career!

Yeah, going to the #4 D in the league has got to hurt anyones career.

justasportsfan
03-06-2007, 08:14 AM
Yeah, going to the #4 D in the league has got to hurt anyones career.
going to the last place fins . :snicker:

feelthepain
03-06-2007, 08:14 AM
I dont know man I think its a decent signing. Crowder-Thomas-Porter is a pretty formidable LB corps.

It's not offical till the offical site reorts it and I haven't read anything from them yet, so who knows. Last I heard Joey was headed to Cincy, so this could be some false report, who knows.

jmb1099
03-06-2007, 08:20 AM
Porter would be a good fit for their D
Good pick up if true

MDFINFAN
03-06-2007, 08:32 AM

Taylor, Holiday and Roth in front of them..that's a pretty cool pass rush:dance:

Justa knows that cures a lot of ills in the secondary..

Now if we can get something out of our young guys, i.e., the wright boys, and evans, we might have something....now it's our O that is still a BIG question mark...but I have this feeling..this year will show the direction, better than recent years where this team is heading.

Talk0fNewYork
03-06-2007, 08:36 AM
If only Joey could play QB, then i'd be worried!

Static
03-06-2007, 08:39 AM
Well if we get any kind of offense improvement next year, 8-8 here we come :up:

LtFinFan66
03-06-2007, 08:42 AM
I will put my joy on hold till it is confirmed elsewhere

BleedinGreenNC
03-06-2007, 08:47 AM
They can sign all the d players that they want, they still have no offense:

Lost welker to the Pat's
Released Randy
Lost some other people to Free agancy.

still going to be a tough year for you guys!

feelthepain
03-06-2007, 09:08 AM
They can sign all the d players that they want, they still have no offense:

Lost welker to the Pat's
Released Randy
Lost some other people to Free agancy.

still going to be a tough year for you guys!

FA just started, I think we will sign K.Washington today or soon, he's faster then Wes just as much upside. We signe a TE yesterday from Greenbay-David Martin. Dolphins are also interested in Daniel Graham and will have him in for a visit. Miami still has Cahmbers and Booker, Brown and most likely Ricky Williams and Daunte Culpepper. We need a LT and LG. and we haven't even talked about the draft.

All Miami has done is dump under achieving talent, not includinbg Wes, but we got a 2nd and a 7th for him. So what exactly has Miami lost?

gr8slayer
03-06-2007, 09:08 AM
Good player, bad attitude. You can have him.

gr8slayer
03-06-2007, 09:10 AM
FA just started, I think we will sign K.Washington today or soon, he's faster then Wes just as much upside. We signe a TE yesterday from Greenbay-David Martin. Dolphins are also interested in Daniel Graham and will have him in for a visit. Miami still has Cahmbers and Booker, Brown and most likely Ricky Williams and Daunte Culpepper. We need a LT and LG. and we haven't even talked about the draft.

All Miami has done is dump under achieving talent, not includinbg Wes, but we got a 2nd and a 7th for him. So what exactly has Miami lost?
You lost alot last year when you traded for Culpepper.

feelthepain
Good player, bad attitude. You can have him.

We'll take him, JP will like him too, as he's looking up at him from the ground!!!

Canadian'eh!
Another Junior Seau.... still has enough to be okay, not the great player he was.

Maybe i'm forgetting something as far as being a bad character, all i can remember is someone shooting him in the ass.

Mr. Miyagi
Wow an aging defense just got older.

gr8slayer
03-06-2007, 09:13 AM
We'll take him, JP will like him too, as he's looking up at him from the ground!!!
I'm sure Losman is just shaking in his cleats after ***** slapping the Dolphins twice this year.

Devin
03-06-2007, 09:16 AM
Look I hate the fins as much as almost any Bills fan, but you guys have lost your friggin marbles.

Porter is 30, his numbers last season were steady with what he usually does. If he were going to a LB group with no one else there....sure. But Thomas and Crowder? :ill:

Id take 50-60 tackles a year. 7-8 sacks and a pair of INT's any day of the week. 30 years old or not.

gr8slayer
03-06-2007, 09:17 AM
Still waiting to find an actual source of confirmation. Insider still just says he is visiting.

LtFinFan66
03-06-2007, 09:20 AM
Wow an aging defense just got older.yeah, 29 is old as hell

Devin
03-06-2007, 09:21 AM
Well 30 when the season starts but yeah I agree. By todays standards hes easily got 2-4 years.

LtFinFan66
03-06-2007, 09:22 AM
:up:

gr8slayer
03-06-2007, 09:24 AM
No matter what he's an upgrade from Spragan.

LtFinFan66
03-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Damn straight

LtFinFan66
03-06-2007, 09:31 AM
They just ran the signing as "breaking news" on the NFL Network!! :woot:

Al13
03-06-2007, 09:40 AM
haha! you could've signed Thomas and I wouldn't care. Is he gonna make up for your crappy DB's? Is he gonna make up for your crappy QB? He bettter catch the ball well too because Chambers is no no. 1.

justa its time to shut up, maybe we are not the most talented team in the NFL but no one can argue that we just probably signed the biggest FA left on the market

Mr. Pink
03-06-2007, 09:42 AM
This is a good signing for the Dolphins, without question.

Porter is a fiery, emotional leader who has plenty left in the tank.

LtFinFan66
03-06-2007, 09:42 AM
:goodpost:

mysticsoto
03-06-2007, 09:46 AM
It is a good signing for them, but the fins have done nothing for their O which was woeful last year. They are praying that Daunte plays better than he did last year and have no line whatsoever. I have a feeling atleast 2 or 3 picks of the 1st day draft picks will have to be devoted to the horrible Oline they have or Daunte, Quinn or anyone back there will just be a standing target.

acehole
03-06-2007, 09:53 AM
WPXI-Channel 11 is reporting this morning that former Steelers linebacker Joey Porter will sign today with the Miami Dolphins. Porter will sign a five-year deal for about $24 million, WPXI reports. He will get a signing bonus of about $12 million

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/rss/s_496362.html

OK AFC east got a stud LB's

NE Thomas
NY Vilma
Mijami Porter
Bills? Briggs? Willis? Anyone?

justasportsfan
03-06-2007, 09:59 AM
justa its time to shut up, make me.

Al13
03-06-2007, 10:00 AM
It is a good signing for them, but the fins have done nothing for their O which was woeful last year. They are praying that Daunte plays better than he did last year and have no line whatsoever. I have a feeling atleast 2 or 3 picks of the 1st day draft picks will have to be devoted to the horrible Oline they have or Daunte, Quinn or anyone back there will just be a standing target.

i would not be shocked if we still go D at #9 branch, okoye or landry

Static
03-06-2007, 10:06 AM
i would not be shocked if we still go D at #9 branch, okoye or landry

Yeah who needs an offensive line who can block.

feelthepain
03-06-2007, 10:23 AM
Still waiting to find an actual source of confirmation. Insider still just says he is visiting.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/

ajsdx
03-06-2007, 12:06 PM
20 million guaranteed over 5 years
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2789401

casdhf
03-06-2007, 12:45 PM
I think this is a good signing for the Fins, but Porter has been in the 3-4 D his entire career. Are the fins going to stick with the hybrid thing they have been running, or go back to the 4-3? I'm not sure, anyone know?

feelthepain
03-06-2007, 12:52 PM
I think this is a good signing for the Fins, but Porter has been in the 3-4 D his entire career. Are the fins going to stick with the hybrid thing they have been running, or go back to the 4-3? I'm not sure, anyone know?

I think we will convert full time to a 3-4 instead of the hybrid we've been using the last two seasons. I think there are quite a few players on the team that love the idea.

Mike13
03-06-2007, 03:05 PM
I think its a good move.
The guy is one of the best LBs in the league, and he takes pressure off of JT.

He's a good leader, tahts something this team really needs.

Yeah who needs an offensive line who can block

Who's to say we won't get O Lineman?

MDFINFAN
03-06-2007, 03:22 PM
make me.

:laughter: :laughter: :laughter: :laughter: :laughter:

!Papacrunk!
03-06-2007, 05:53 PM
I've never met Joey Porter, but he seems like an a-hole, and that's great by me, LOL!
We've had good and pretty darn good defenses over the past some years, but we haven't really had anyone with a big nasty mean attitude, and I think Porter can bring some of that energy to the team, get them pumped up etc. I'm looking forward to the addition! Also, props to some of the posts here--I'm not saying props to just the ones that said it was a positive move, but props to the peeps that just don't instantly hate a player/team/situation w/o a lot of reason, just because they're a rival.

Also, in regards to the aging defense, out of the starters, it seems like Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas are the ones left that are getting up there in age, and I know they just made the Pro Bowl on their stats as opposed to popularity. Vonnie Holliday is 31, but had 66 tackles and 7 sacks last year. Still far from a young bunch, but en route to getting younger, outside of Porter (who really isn't that old to begin with.)

patmoran2006
03-06-2007, 05:57 PM
Miami still has a lot of holes to fill... But with Taylor, thomas and porter that's going to be one of the meaner front seven's in the NFL.

I think its a real good signing for them.. He's going to bring a nasty streak and a winner's mentality to that defense.

patmoran2006
03-06-2007, 05:58 PM
I think Miami is heading towards emulating the Ravens right now.

With a pretty weak offense overall, they're thinking the best way to be competitive and remain in games into the 4th quarter is by having a defense that could be dominant.

This is an excellent move by them, I think.

feelthepain
03-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Miami still has a lot of holes to fill... But with Taylor, thomas and porter that's going to be one of the meaner front seven's in the NFL.

I think its a real good signing for them.. He's going to bring a nasty streak and a winner's mentality to that defense.

The Bills have more!

!Papacrunk!
03-06-2007, 06:25 PM
I think Miami is heading towards emulating the Ravens right now.

With a pretty weak offense overall, they're thinking the best way to be competitive and remain in games into the 4th quarter is by having a defense that could be dominant.

This is an excellent move by them, I think.
True, but you still have to have an offense. Those 2000 Ravens were just plain big scary monsters of a defense, so it's really tough for any team to be able to use that as a model. Good point none the less.

justasportsfan
03-06-2007, 06:25 PM
I hope Porter bumps heads with Zach and JT. and cause problems in the locker room.

patmoran2006
03-06-2007, 06:27 PM
The Bills have more!
Don't be ******ed.

The Bills have more talent in place at the more important positions (OL, QB, WR) and they have a coaching system that's been in place for over a year now.

you have NOTHING on offense other than a RB who's getting buried behind a putrid OL. The star players on your defense aint getting any younger either (Thomas and Taylor).

And while Losman might not be the best QB in the NFL.. He's a hell of a lot better than anything you got behind center. Newsflash: This aint 2000 anymore, and Duante Culpepper is banged up, STILL turnover prone, and frankly, a dime a dozen QB.

justasportsfan
03-06-2007, 06:27 PM
Don't be ******ed.

too late.

feelthepain
03-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Don't be ******ed.

The Bills have more talent in place at the more important positions (OL, QB, WR) and they have a coaching system that's been in place for over a year now.

you have NOTHING on offense other than a RB who's getting buried behind a putrid OL. The star players on your defense aint getting any younger either (Thomas and Taylor).

And while Losman might not be the best QB in the NFL.. He's a hell of a lot better than anything you got behind center. Newsflash: This aint 2000 anymore, and Duante Culpepper is banged up, STILL turnover prone, and frankly, a dime a dozen QB.

Ummm, genuis......whens the last time a team even made the playoffs without a D??? We have a top five D before the Porter signing. We still have Brown, Chambers, Booker, Culpepper and 3/5's of our Oline is fine and we have 9 DP's and 3 in the top 60, we also have Cam Cameron arguably the best OC the past 4 years....who you got Fairchild?? Hell hell MM finished with the 20th ranked O and Fairchild finished with the 27th ranked O!! Cam finished with the the #4 O!!! I also love how Bill fans claim Donte is done with no evidence to back up their Bias opinions. The Bills finished with the worst O and D in the division and nearly the league, Miami is closer to being a complete team then the Bills!

What have the Bills done so far this FA period, overpay a G?? Man you need to wake up!!

gr8slayer
03-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Ummm, genuis......whens the last time a team even made the playoffs without a D??? We have a top five D before the Porter signing. We still have Brown, Chambers, Booker, Culpepper and 3/5's of our Oline is fine and we have 9 DP's and 3 in the top 60, we also have Cam Cameron arguably the best OC the past 4 years....who you got Fairchild?? Hell hell MM finished with the 20th ranked O and Fairchild finished with the 27th ranked O!! Cam finished with the the #4 O!!! I also love how Bill fans claim Donte is done with no evidence what to back up their Bias opinions. The Bills finished with the worst O and D in the division and nearly the league, Miami is closer to being a complete team then the Bills!

What have the Bills done so far this FA period, overpay a G?? Man you need to wake up!!
Your point is? We had the number two defense in the league and the number one ST's for two strait years but no QB. The Dolphins have a top five defense, no ST's and no QB. Good luck.

feelthepain
03-06-2007, 07:43 PM
Your point is? We had the number two defense in the league and the number one ST's for two strait years but no QB. The Dolphins have a top five defense, no ST's and no QB. Good luck.

So because the Bills didn't do anything, nobody else can?? Sorry, the Ravens seem to be very tough every year without an O. And I really would love to see your proof Daunte won't be back and have a great season....Other then your bias opinion. Your crystal ball is worhtless, throw it away.

And BTW, your O isn't nearly good enough to make up for you pethetic D! Not even close!!

gr8slayer
03-06-2007, 07:45 PM
So because the Bills didn't do anything nobody else can?? Sorry, the Ravens seem to be very tough every year without an O. And I really would love to see your proof Daunte won't be back and have a great season....Other then your bias opinion. Your crystal ball is worhtless, throw it away.
Well you insult someone by sarcastically referring to them as a genius. You then go on to talk about your top five defense as being a reason you will win all these games this year (even though it didn't help you beat the Bills this year.) Maybe you just don't know anything about football.

feelthepain
03-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Well you insult someone by sarcastically referring to them as a genius. You then go on to talk about your top five defense as being a reason you will win all these games this year (even though it didn't help you beat the Bills this year.) Maybe you just don't know anything about football.

Really, how'd your O do against the Lions??? BTW, whens the last time your team had a winning season?? When you had the #2 Defense?? Hmmmmm, isn't that interesting?!?!?!? Also, you seem to be living off the two wins against the fins, I seriously hope your team is just as satisified with that being the only thing they have to pin their hopes on every year.

gr8slayer
03-06-2007, 07:56 PM
Really, how'd your O do against the Lions??? BTW, whens the last time your team had a winning season?? When you had the #2 Defense?? Hmmmmm, isn't that interesting?!?!?!? Also, you seem to be living off the two wins against the fins, I seriously hope your team is just as satisified with that being the only thing they have to pin their hopes on every year.
:boring:

The Answer
03-06-2007, 08:15 PM
Dolphins just signed Brian Cox version 2.0 - Regardless Porter is overrated anyways so they can have him.

~The Answer

Samphin1
03-06-2007, 08:31 PM
Actually, Miami's defense got younger, and better. Porter replaces Donnie Spragan who is about a year older than Joey. So, it isn't much, but they are younger. Factor in the purging of Kevin Carter, Keith Traylor (may be back) Jeff Zgonina and the added playing time for youngin's like Matt Roth, Rod Wright and Fred Evans, and the fron seven is significantly younger.

Furthermore, it doesn't matter if Porter was older than Spragan or not. He is by far the most talented 3-4 OLB on the market (well was on the market) and Miami is a great fit for him.

feelthepain
03-06-2007, 08:33 PM
Dolphins just signed Brian Cox version 2.0 - Regardless Porter is overrated anyways so they can have him.

~The Answer

Yeah, and Dockery was a great pickup!! Funny how Miami signs probowlers and their overrated, the Bill sign middle of the raod Linemen and their in the hunt for a division title! Classic!!

MDFINFAN
03-06-2007, 08:50 PM
I hope Porter bumps heads with Zach and JT. and cause problems in the locker room.

Justa, why would you want that, I don't see any phins fans on this board wishing that on the Bills....

Right now, our team on paper isn't strong enough to be a threat to anyone in our divison, maybe our D is, but we still have some holes to fill on that side too, plus depth..hopefully our young guys are ready..

The Answer
03-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Yeah, and Dockery was a great pickup!! Funny how Miami signs probowlers and their overrated, the Bill sign middle of the raod Linemen and their in the hunt for a division title! Classic!!

The Answer isn't questioning Porter's skills as a football player - The Answer has a beef with his attitude/ego. Too much yappin, not enough tackling.

Last thing a young rebuilding team like the Fins need is a cancer in the lockerroom - rest assured The Answer won't lose too much sleep at night when the Miami lockerroom is divided in 2007.

~The Answer

YardRat
03-06-2007, 08:54 PM
Good signing, IMO. I would've taken him.

feelthepain
03-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Good signing, IMO. I would've taken him.

Over Dockery??

gr8slayer
03-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Over Dockery??
OL is a much bigger need for this team than LB.

feelthepain
03-06-2007, 10:26 PM
The Answer isn't questioning Porter's skills as a football player - The Answer has a beef with his attitude/ego. Too much yappin, not enough tackling.

Last thing a young rebuilding team like the Fins need is a cancer in the lockerroom - rest assured The Answer won't lose too much sleep at night when the Miami lockerroom is divided in 2007.

~The Answer

This from an article about Joey, on ESPN insider:

Porter will be a fine force player on the outside to push ball carriers to Zach Thomas. He is also a fine player in coverage in the short zones with great ball skills and hands for such a big cover man. Although he is brash, outspoken and often abrasive, Porter is well-liked by his teammates. He is fundamentally sound and has a fine knowledge of the game.

Does that answer the Answers question?? BTW, we aren't rebuilding, we're re-tooling.

gr8slayer
03-06-2007, 10:28 PM
This from an article about Joey, on ESPN insider:

Does that answer the Answers question??
ESPN also said that the Dolphins did good getting Harrington and Culpepper last year. We now know, not true.

feelthepain
03-06-2007, 10:29 PM
OL is a much bigger need for this team than LB.

That wasn't the question, and the needs are about equal for the Bills. You had one of the worst rushing D's in the league last year and it wasn't all because of your Dline.

feelthepain
03-06-2007, 10:30 PM
ESPN also said that the Dolphins did good getting Harrington and Culpepper last year. We now know, not true.

Harrington at one point was 5-1 for Miami last year, Daunte will be fine.

gr8slayer
03-06-2007, 10:30 PM
That wasn't the question, and the needs are about equal for the Bills. You had one of the worst rushing D's in the league last year and it wasn't all because of your Dline.
Our rush Defense was more due to our lack of DL production. You should really stick to the Dolphins minus Culpepper.

The Spaz
03-06-2007, 10:32 PM
Harrington at one point was 5-1 for Miami last year, Daunte will be fine.

How we're they overall. :oops: That Feeley trade was spectacular as well.:up:

feelthepain
03-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Our rush Defense was more due to our lack of DL production. You should really stick to the Dolphins minus Culpepper.

Really, didn't you have a probowl DE? The Bills need serious help with their entire front seven. Porter would have been a better signing for the Bills then Dockery. He's a much better football player, playing a position of that's just as big a need for them. Plus he was cheaper.

feelthepain
03-06-2007, 10:39 PM
How we're they overall. :oops: That Feeley trade was spectacular as well.:up:

Umm, ok what does AJ have to do with anything?? Gosh shall we continue to live in the past?? Sahll we talk about your 4 SB loses in a row?? Or should we talk about the Bills being the only team in the division without a SB win?? Or how bout OJ MURDERER? Shall we discuss that history?

Thurmal
03-06-2007, 10:44 PM
This is a typical Dolphin move -- picking up a low character player who is past his prime and overpaying for him ($20 million guaranteed?!?).

There is a reason that Greg Lloyd, Chad Brown, Levon Kirkland, Jason Gildon, and Kendrell Bell all sucked after they left Pittsburgh. Their LBs are products of the system.

gr8slayer
03-06-2007, 10:46 PM
Really, didn't you have a probowl DE? The Bills need serious help with their entire front seven. Porter would have been a better signing for the Bills then Dockery. He's a much better football player, playing a position of that's just as big a need for them. Plus he was cheaper.
Yeah we had a Pro Bowl DE who is a hell of a pass rusher but not much in the way of rush defense.

Porter cheaper? Hardly.
- Porter money = $20 million guaranteed
- Dockery = $18 million guaranteed

Porter = Leaving prime
Dockery = Entering prime

Ellison-Spikes-Crowell are just fine.

Also, why do the Dolphins insist on signing big names when they are clearly not the same players they used to be. Carter, Thruman, Traylor, Porter, Culpepper...............

gr8slayer
03-06-2007, 10:47 PM
Umm, ok what does AJ have to do with anything?? Gosh shall we continue to live in the past?? Sahll we talk about your 4 SB loses in a row?? Or should we talk about the Bills being the only team in the division without a SB win?? Or how bout OJ MURDERER? Shall we discuss that history?
The Dolphins are good at living in the past because they can't do **** in the present.

Devin
03-06-2007, 11:02 PM

While I agree the front 7 need some serious work, I disagree about Porter.

He is absolutley a great signing and Id love to have him. However as a Bills fan the OL has been a symbol of futility for years. Regardless of opinions about overpaying there were 3 top options at OG this off season and we signed one. Now obviously anything can happen but id have gone after an OLman over LB first regardless of the players involved.

IN MY OPINION, both are great players. I cant call one better then the other simply because ones a 3-4 OLB and the other is a LG. So that would be....kinda dumb. As far as need goes while you may have a generalized idea.....same with me about the fins......there is no question the Bills OL was the largest priority.

feelthepain
03-07-2007, 07:56 AM
While I agree the front 7 need some serious work, I disagree about Porter.

He is absolutley a great signing and Id love to have him. However as a Bills fan the OL has been a symbol of futility for years. Regardless of opinions about overpaying there were 3 top options at OG this off season and we signed one. Now obviously anything can happen but id have gone after an OLman over LB first regardless of the players involved.

IN MY OPINION, both are great players. I cant call one better then the other simply because ones a 3-4 OLB and the other is a LG. So that would be....kinda dumb. As far as need goes while you may have a generalized idea.....same with me about the fins......there is no question the Bills OL was the largest priority.

Dockery a "great player"? Based on what? Just because he signs with the Bills and they pay way to much for him he's instantly a "great player"??? I would really like to know how you come to this conclusion. Great players are usually considered with the best at their positions, is Dockery one of the best at his position?? I don't think so, you keep thinking because he played on a good line that makes him good, it doesn't. It helps his numbers because he's asked to do less and when the others around you are better it makes your Job much eaiser.

Now lets look at the Bills, no top Oline for Dockery to step into, no Clinton Portis to block for. Do you think the Redskins Oline is better then Buffalos?? A little better...or a whole lot better?? How hard do you think it will be for the Redskins to replace Dockery?? I think they don't even notice he's gone, why?? Because it's just way too easy to replace the G position, especially for a team like the Redskins who's got a great line already in place.

Add to this the a QB who isn't exactly the best in the league and the Bills don't even know who will be running the ball and you have more issues. When you have a very good Center and a very good T on either side of you it can hide you weaknesses, at the same time when your T and C aren't very good you will be exposed.

Bottom line, while I think Dockery is an improvement for the Bills line, it's just a slight one and it is not even close to a value. You have to look at more then just one aspect of a deal and it's effect. The Bills add an OK G to one of the worst Oline in the league, the Dolphins add one of the best OLB to one of the best defenses in the league.

Luisito23
03-07-2007, 08:01 AM
Joey Porter a Dolphin

:yawn:.....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

mysticsoto
03-07-2007, 08:18 AM
Dockery a "great player"? Based on what? Just because he signs with the Bills and they pay way to much for him he's instantly a "great player"??? I would really like to know how you come to this conclusion. Great players are usually considered with the best at their positions, is Dockery one of the best at his position?? I don't think so, you keep thinking because he played on a good line that makes him good, it doesn't. It helps his numbers because he's asked to do less and when the others around you are better it makes your Job much eaiser.

Now lets look at the Bills, no top Oline for Dockery to step into, no Clinton Portis to block for. Do you think the Redskins Oline is better then Buffalos?? A little better...or a whole lot better?? How hard do you think it will be for the Redskins to replace Dockery?? I think they don't even notice he's gone, why?? Because it's just way too easy to replace the G position, especially for a team like the Redskins who's got a great line already in place.

Add to this the a QB who isn't exactly the best in the league and the Bills don't even know who will be running the ball and you have more issues. When you have a very good Center and a very good T on either side of you it can hide you weaknesses, at the same time when your T and C aren't very good you will be exposed.

Bottom line, while I think Dockery is an improvement for the Bills line, it's just a slight one and it is not even close to a value. You have to look at more then just one aspect of a deal and it's effect. The Bills add an OK G to one of the worst Oline in the league, the Dolphins add one of the best OLB to one of the best defenses in the league.

Now that's what I call...Homerism!!!

justasportsfan
03-07-2007, 08:26 AM
Now that's what I call...Homerism!!!

Funny how all of a sudden the guys they let go are "dead weight". This time last year they were headed to the sb. They had the best FA signing in last years off season. Culpepper was the biggest signing in FA'cy with a great back up in Joey HArrington. Jeno James was their best signing a few years ago. McMike was the best TE in the AFC, blah,blah,blah. Now they're all dead weight?

The jets were going to be horrible right?

We can all talk about who did what in the offseason. In the end, none of that matters until they play on the field.

mysticsoto
03-07-2007, 09:41 AM
Funny how all of a sudden the guys they let go are "dead weight". This time last year they were headed to the sb. They had the best FA signing in last years off season. Culpepper was the biggest signing in FA'cy with a great back up in Joey HArrington. Jeno James was their best signing a few years ago. McMike was the best TE in the AFC, blah,blah,blah. Now they're all dead weight?

The jets were going to be horrible right?

We can all talk about who did what in the offseason. In the end, none of that matters until they play on the field.

You forgot about these funny quotes from FTP:

Originally Posted by jmb1099
It is more than lieley that Saban has influenced Mularkey than Mularkey's being decent.

Hmmmmm, that could be. Or Maybe Mularkey has more talent to work with.
So? What happened to that talent???

Our Oline should be somewhere near the top 10 after all is said and done this year. We made big strides last year and we will make strides this year thanks to Hudson Houck, he was great in Dallas and San Diego and he's making progress in Miami. By adding Culpepper it allows us to do more things down the field. Making Ronnie Browns life better and the Olines life better. Mike Mularkey will not be allowed to dink and dunk in Miami because Saban like s to go deep as much as he likes to run the ball forcing Mike Mularkey to adjust his style, it will be Sabans way or the highway. Teams with good QB have success because they have the ability to make plays. Daunte will be in every teams gameplan when we play them. Gus was an after thought to most teams last year.
Yes, Miami's Oline was so good that they were in the bottom of the league and a few aren't even with the team anymore...

Losman,Holcomb and Nall are not better then Harrington. Joey produced in one of the worst O's in the league. The Lions lead the league the last three years in dropped passes, yet Joey still put up over 10,000 yards passing. JP can't buy a 250 yard passing game and he's had atleast one probowl caliber WR to throw too, Joey didn't. Joey had a coulpe of great preseason games so far with us with great decisions no TO and a TD pass. He's also seen the field a whole lot less then JP so far this preseason. Holcomb has been in the league for 12 years and can't even touch Joeys stats and Nall, well he's proven nothing and done nothing to this point.
Harrington was so much better, that he got a 0.0 rating against Buffalo, had to be benched for the 3rd string QB and now is no longer with the team - much like Feeley!!! Oh, FTP...don't you get tired of being wrong!!!

Saban thinks enough of Joeys ability that he's our backup and we had to trade to get him. Don't fall into the news from Detroit simply because you want Joey to suck because he's a Dolphin. It's OK to give a division rival credit for adding depth and talent. Joey doesn't get over 3000 yards passing with 19 tds and 12 int's without talent.
Apparently the only one falling for anything was you!!!

Hey Genius...we don't need Ricky we have Ronnie. Harrington is our backup QB and better then any QB you have on the Bills. Bennine Anderson started last night, but that doesn't make him our starter, it's preseason and Bennie is new to the team Saban is seeing what he can do aginst starting talent in our system he's by no means earned a starting spot on our roster. Linehan isn't better then MM they both have about the same kinda stats as OC. Culpepper gets far more respect around the league then you and your two year old opinion of him.
Well, yes...I suppose whenever FTP talks to just about anyone...they would be a genius by comparison...

The facts are MM is a good OC when he has the talent to execute the plays he calls. Miami has the talent, end of story.

:laughing:

Miami went from the 28th oline to 15th in just one season under Houck. I'll promise you we'll be better this year.
Promise, huh?

90% of this thread just seems like wishful thinking to me. Honestly, some of you are really ridiculous. What sport do you people watch, midget tossing??? Because most of you don't know a damn thing about football, that... or you just plain refuse to accept reality.

Miami was 9-7 with Gus as the QB and we get a three time porbowler and league MVP runner up in Culpepper. We've also upgraded our Oline, Dline, secondary, WR's and TE positions. We added Dom Capers and MM, say what you want about MM he lost a lot of talent from his first season to his second season in Buffalo regardless of what uneducated Bill fans think, MM is a very good OC. Saban is going into his second season with a year under his belt and we will win 2 less games???
Classic, just classic. Actually, no FTP, you will not win 2 less games. You will win 3 less games. You went from 9-7 to 6-10!!!

gr8slayer
03-07-2007, 09:46 AM
This is too easy, we need to start screwing with a Dolphin fan that actually has a brain (do they even make those?) ummmmm.....................

Hey LT, Ronnie Brown blows........ Respond.

LtFinFan66
03-07-2007, 09:47 AM
But Culpepper is God so who cares

justasportsfan
03-07-2007, 09:53 AM
You forgot about these funny quotes from FTP:

So? What happened to that talent???

Yes, Miami's Oline was so good that they were in the bottom of the league and a few aren't even with the team anymore...

Harrington was so much better, that he got a 0.0 rating against Buffalo, had to be benched for the 3rd string QB and now is no longer with the team - much like Feeley!!! Oh, FTP...don't you get tired of being wrong!!!

Apparently the only one falling for anything was you!!!

Well, yes...I suppose whenever FTP talks to just about anyone...they would be a genius by comparison...

:laughing:

Promise, huh?

Classic, just classic. Actually, no FTP, you will not win 2 less games. You will win 3 less games. You went from 9-7 to 6-10!!!

that's why he's considered ret@rded even by his own fellow finfans.

The guy is yapping now becuase there are no facts to prove whether he's right or wrong. But when the game usually ends, he disappears and when he comes back, he's finally brought with him a ton of excuses.

gr8slayer
03-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Damn you, you are supposed to rant on for hours on another teams message board and try to convince us that we are wrong even though you know it will never happen. Work with me here.

Then tell us how bad Dockery is because your family just happens to be Redskin fans and they would know better than Marv and Dick that he is just a joke of an OG and hardly an upgrade from Gandy and Preston.

LtFinFan66
03-07-2007, 09:57 AM
Damn you, you are supposed to rant on for hours on another teams message board and try to convince us that we are wrong even though you know it will never happen. Work with me here.Sorry

feelthepain
03-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Damn you, you are supposed to rant on for hours on another teams message board and try to convince us that we are wrong even though you know it will never happen. Work with me here.

Then tell us how bad Dockery is because your family just happens to be Redskin fans and they would know better than Marv and Dick that he is just a joke of an OG and hardly an upgrade from Gandy and Preston.

Who said Dockery was bad, as I recall I called him OK, not bad. I also recall agreeing he was an upgrade for the Bills. Is reading comprehension something they only teach 4th graders??

gr8slayer
03-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Who said Dockery was bad, as I recall I called him OK, not bad. I also recall agreeing he was an upgrade for the Bills. Is reading comprehension something they only teach 4th graders??
Joey Porter is just OK. My family is Steeler fans so I would know.

feelthepain
03-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Joey Porter is just OK. My family is Steeler fans so I would know.

Ok, I'm happy for you and your family.

justasportsfan
03-07-2007, 12:57 PM

From the holes thread....
Until it's filled with more then used chewing gum...it's a whole.

Looks like someone never made it to the 1st grade. That's explains the ret@rdation.

gr8slayer
03-07-2007, 01:03 PM
From the holes thread....

Looks like someone never made it to the 1st grade. That's explains the ret@rdation.
Hey, what do you know. Your family isn't full of Redskin fans so you don't know anything about anyone in the NFL.

If your family was Redskin fans maybe you'd know more about the Bills.

justasportsfan
03-07-2007, 01:07 PM
Hey, what do you know. Your family isn't full of Redskin fans so you don't know anything about anyone in the NFL.

If your family was Redskin fans maybe you'd know more about the Bills. he lies. He doesn't have a family.

gr8slayer
03-07-2007, 01:08 PM
he lies. He doesn't have a family.
Whatever you non-Redskin fan.

feelthepain
03-07-2007, 03:17 PM
Justa and gr8slayer are seceret lovers!! That's why they think alike!!

gr8slayer
03-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Justa and gr8slayer are seceret lovers!! That's why they think alike!!
Wow, and you make fun of other people's intellect.

mysticsoto
03-07-2007, 03:25 PM
he lies. He doesn't have a family.

Justa, I thought FTP had you on his Ignore List? I guess he's reading your stuff after all...ha! Ha! Like everything else, he comes up short on ignoring also...

MDFINFAN
03-07-2007, 03:40 PM
This is a typical Dolphin move -- picking up a low character player who is past his prime and overpaying for him ($20 million guaranteed?!?).

There is a reason that Greg Lloyd, Chad Brown, Levon Kirkland, Jason Gildon, and Kendrell Bell all sucked after they left Pittsburgh. Their LBs are products of the system.

Low character...ummm, show me where he's been a problem child..

Devin
03-07-2007, 03:42 PM
Good signing imo. Porter adds to an already solid LB corps.

gr8slayer
03-07-2007, 03:43 PM
Low character...ummm, show me where he's been a problem child..
Getting ejected before the game against the Browns for taking a shot at William Green?

Seems like there was a domestic problem at one point too.

gr8slayer
11-09-2007, 06:50 AM
Yeah, going to the #4 D in the league has got to hurt anyones career. :snicker:

gr8slayer
11-09-2007, 06:51 AM
Ummm, genuis......whens the last time a team even made the playoffs without a D??? We have a top five D before the Porter signing. We still have Brown, Chambers, Booker, Culpepper and 3/5's of our Oline is fine and we have 9 DP's and 3 in the top 60, we also have Cam Cameron arguably the best OC the past 4 years....who you got Fairchild?? Hell hell MM finished with the 20th ranked O and Fairchild finished with the 27th ranked O!! Cam finished with the the #4 O!!! I also love how Bill fans claim Donte is done with no evidence to back up their Bias opinions. The Bills finished with the worst O and D in the division and nearly the league, Miami is closer to being a complete team then the Bills!

What have the Bills done so far this FA period, overpay a G?? Man you need to wake up!!:snicker:

gr8slayer
11-09-2007, 06:53 AM
Yeah, and Dockery was a great pickup!! Funny how Miami signs probowlers and their overrated, the Bill sign middle of the raod Linemen and their in the hunt for a division title! Classic!!:snicker:

Mitchy moo
11-09-2007, 06:58 AM

:snicker:

LtFinFan66
11-09-2007, 07:00 AM
Go ahead and laugh at my sarcastic post Skooby. Be original instead of bringing back all of FTP's threads. He does not speak for the fanbase of Miami....Thank God

gr8slayer
11-09-2007, 07:02 AM
Go ahead and laugh at my sarcastic post Skooby. Be original instead of bringing back all of FTP's threads. He does not speak for the fanbase of Miami....Thank God
That's what he claims, and his family consists of Redskin fans so he can tell you everything you want to know about them too! It's a two for one deal!

mysticsoto
11-09-2007, 07:46 AM
I think it's hilarious. Gr8...keep bringing them back - it's good for the idiot to look at himself in the mirror. Notice how he's not even man enough to come by here much now that he can't talk any smack...and has been proven wrong in virtually every way!

Mike13
11-09-2007, 09:11 AM
Ahh the $30 Million Ghost, I think he just got his payday and said "**** it".

gr8slayer
11-09-2007, 10:07 AM
Ahh the $30 Million Ghost, I think he just got his payday and said "**** it".
Hey man, FTP said that would make your defense go from top five to number one. He is the most knowledgeable person on this board because his parents are Redskin fans so just shut up ok?

Mike13
11-09-2007, 10:49 AM
Hey man, FTP said that would make your defense go from top five to number one. He is the most knowledgeable person on this board because his parents are Redskin fans so just shut up ok?

lol Alot of us thought he'd improve the D, and No one could have thought that they would have fallen from 4th to dead last in one year.

Tatonka
11-09-2007, 10:51 AM
pretty funny stuff.

Carlton Bailey
11-09-2007, 10:54 AM
I can't believe all the people who actually thought Porter was a good pickup for Miami. I remember reading something from an anonymous scout when free agency first started that said Porter was "shot." So far, that's proven true, and Mike Tomlin was right to pull the plug. It's typical Miami to add a big name whose career is over when they get him (Trent Green as well, among plenty of others in the past).

feelthepain
11-09-2007, 09:31 PM
I can't believe all the people who actually thought Porter was a good pickup for Miami. I remember reading something from an anonymous scout when free agency first started that said Porter was "shot." So far, that's proven true, and Mike Tomlin was right to pull the plug. It's typical Miami to add a big name whose career is over when they get him (Trent Green as well, among plenty of others in the past).
JT's having a sub par season aswell, is he bad for Miami?? No! Our Dline needs a NT that can move the pocket. Keith Traylor's drop off this year is why Miami's Dline has had a drop off. KT was key to Miami's success on D, before him It was Tim Bowens. Miami's push up the middle, or lack of, is the reason for everyone else having sub par seasons.

PECKERWOOD
11-09-2007, 09:35 PM
JT's having a sub par season aswell, is he bad for Miami?? No! Our Dline needs a NT that can move the pocket. Keith Traylor's drop off this year is why Miami's Dline has had a drop off. KT was key to Miami's success on D, before him It was Tim Bowens. Miami's push up the middle, or lack of, is the reason for everyone else having sub par seasons.

:lmao:

Mike13
11-12-2007, 08:08 AM
He actually played well yesterday at least.

mysticsoto
11-12-2007, 09:13 AM

What happened to your comments about your D having good backup young guys who were poised to take over? Crowder might be the only guy that qualifies there...