View Full Version : Ok What about this?

acehole
03-06-2007, 07:50 AM
We (Swap) Picks in the first round with chicago and give them T spikes...for the rights to briggs (Assuming he has a deal in place with us). Then Take that pick and ship it to Sd with our 3 rd for M.Turner. Getting it back with a trade with Mcgahee and the giants or packers for there 3rd or 4th. We loose allmost nothing and gain two young good players....and become a playoff team. Throw in Cato June if we have any cash left........ This upgrade our d and offense in leaps and bounds....

Kenny
03-06-2007, 07:56 AM
To be honest, Im just not very big on Briggs (Adalius Thomas was the only LB in FA that I really liked).
Plus, Im a bigger fan of building the team through the draft, -drafting Willis or Siler, and leaving Crowell on the weakside.

That being said, I do like Michael Turner alot. The guy is fast, and he's able to break tackles. I'd love to get him on this team. Call me crazy, but if we're going to use a first rounder on picking up a rb, I'd rather use it on Turner than on Lynch.

McBFLO
03-06-2007, 08:13 AM
We (Swap) Picks in the first round with chicago and give them T spikes...for the rights to briggs (Assuming he has a deal in place with us). Then Take that pick and ship it to Sd with our 3 rd for M.Turner. Getting it back with a trade with Mcgahee and the giants or packers for there 3rd or 4th. We loose allmost nothing and gain two young good players....and become a playoff team. Throw in Cato June if we have any cash left........ This upgrade our d and offense in leaps and bounds....
Briggs, June, AND Turner? How much cap space do you think we have left? We'd be lucky if we had enough "Cash to the Cap" space to sign Briggs alone. I'd like it if it happened though.:D

Talk0fNewYork
03-06-2007, 08:15 AM
Why is everyone so big on Turner? He's not a starter!

McBFLO
03-06-2007, 08:16 AM
Why couldn't he be? I'm not super high on him either, just wondering what your thoughts are.

Don't Panic
03-06-2007, 09:46 AM
Why is everyone so big on Turner? He's not a starter!

Well, to be fair, he's not a starter because he has the best RB in football in front of him. People are high on him because of what he did in doses last year (6.3 yd/carry is pretty friggen good). It's based on potential but somewhat proven potential. I'd be willing to do it for the Bears #1 if we were able to work something out, bit not our current pick. Bottom line... if we can trade Spikes, McGahee and our #1 for Briggs and Turner, we will have done well.

acehole
03-06-2007, 09:51 AM
We lose a linebacker and a RB and gain the same....I am with you on Cato June (Pipe dream) But we do gain some cap space from letting the other 2 go...We would have enough for a vet CB I am sure. Yes M Turner is a back up yes I got the memo...Lt was on my FF leage I got to watch M Turner alot and yes some was garbage time but he still is fast and big and runs hard every play. He has the ability to take it to the house on every play and would be a great fit...and since he is a back up he may not command large large dollars...yet. Briggs however might want to play ball as nobody will give up big picks or dollars for him and if he signs and insentive ladened deal everybody wins....CHICAGO will NOT sign him....HE WILL SIT OUT OR SIGN WITH the best offer available. Has anyone else come knocking?

team.

Mr. Pink
03-06-2007, 09:54 AM
Dude, you got a serious man crush on Michael Turner. It's beginning to scare me.

lol

JPFBillsFan
03-06-2007, 10:04 AM
I'd make a deal with Den where we slide back to #21, then take #21 and Spikes send it to Chicago for Briggs and Chicago's #1.....With Chicago's number 1 we grab the best LB or DT or CB.....
take the extra 2nd or 3rd from the Den and add our 3rd, deal them to move back up into the end of the 1st to get the best available CB or the FB from Rutgers....with our 2nd we take the best available Thurman-esque RB or CB...

Mr. Miyagi
03-06-2007, 10:13 AM
The 1st and 3rd for Turner is only on paper. The Chargers will probably part with him for a 2nd.

acehole
03-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Dude, you got a serious man crush on Michael Turner. It's beginning to scare me.

lol

Funny...just think he is a faster Bettis type that we can pound up the middle all day...
Has the speed to get outside as well. Make JP's job a bit easier.....