PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think Randy McMichael should be a Bill?

bigbub2352
03-06-2007, 09:06 AM
I hate to say it but i would luv to see Randy McMichael as a Bill, he is a great offensive weapon and if u pair him up with Royal and Cszeilak that would make for a great TE trio, i have no faith in Everett what so ever, and Randy would be lookin to show the Dolphins they made a mistake, he is only 27 and the dimensions he would bring to this team would be awesome

He has the size and speed to stretch the feild or go underneath

Could be the Redzone TE that we sorely need, and JP saftey valve..

I hope they consider this and bring him in...

Devin
03-06-2007, 09:06 AM
No.

Dr. Lecter
03-06-2007, 09:07 AM
No wife beaters allowed!

Mr. Miyagi
03-06-2007, 09:07 AM
I'm still holding out for Everett. :ill:

don137
03-06-2007, 09:08 AM
I don't...I have no respect for a wife beater and to want to want him as a Bill would be hypocritical on my part...I want good players but not at the expense of having a wife beater on our team. I could not cheer for him.

Canadian'eh!
03-06-2007, 09:12 AM
I do.... but Marv and the character players thing might say otherwise... plus the money he will want is probably too much for us.

He was in a bad situation in terms of offence and QB's in Miami... he's even better than what he's shown.

Jan Reimers
I think he's a really good TE, but not necessarily a good character guy. Occasionally, though, maybe we should just overlook a player's character flaws, and go with the talent.

The King
While I do think McMichael is one of the best pass catching TE's in the league. Over 200 catches in his last three seasons. I dont see him fitting the system we have in place, plus he's a thug. I think he beat his wife twice in the same month or something. He will be an asset for someone, just dont want it to be us.

gr8slayer
03-06-2007, 09:14 AM
No thanks. Dolphin fodder.

ZacGriffi~82
03-06-2007, 09:16 AM
No.

TedMock
03-06-2007, 09:19 AM
As Seinfeld said; We cheer for laundry. If McMichael were in Buffalo and caught 60 balls for 600 yards and 5 TD's, everybody would love him.

The wife-beater thing is unacceptable if that's true. The bigger part of me believes it is true, but honestly - why do I feel that way? The eye-witnesses didn't actually see him hit her, she said the hit occurred when he was tossing her stuff out of the car, and the prosecutors straight up dropped the charges. There obviously wasn't enough evidence, even with witnesses, to charge him. Sooooo, you have to give him the benefit of the doubt at the very least. Even if the wife asked them not to press charges, the prosecutors still could if there was enough evidence.

gr8slayer
03-06-2007, 09:20 AM
As Seinfeld said; We cheer for laundry. If McMichael were in Buffalo and caught 60 balls for 600 yards and 5 TD's, everybody would love him.

The wife-beater thing is unacceptable if that's true. The bigger part of me believes it is true, but honestly - why do I feel that way? The eye-witnesses didn't actually see him hit her, she said the hit occurred when he was tossing her stuff out of the car, and the prosecutors straight up dropped the charges. There obviously wasn't enough evidence, even with witnesses, to charge him. Sooooo, you have to give him the benefit of the doubt at the very least. Even if the wife asked them not to press charges, the prosecutors still could if there was enough evidence.
Point well made.

justasportsfan
03-06-2007, 09:25 AM
I'd rather fill our more pressing needs. Don't get me wrong, he's a better catching TE than anyone we've got but I'd rather grab a wr. If our OL lives up to it's potential, our TE's won't have to block as much and instead get open.

North_Coast
03-06-2007, 09:32 AM

I use "McWifeBeater" simply to rub Carppies the wrong way. :dance: It really sounded more like a nasty domestic dispute than that the guy actually smacked his wife around.

What I have against McMichael is that while he's caught a lot of passes, he's dropped key passes that have cost the Carp wins over the years. Most Miami fans will tell you that (well, maybe not FTP). I don't think he's particularly good as a blocker, either. I think it's easier to teach a blocking TE who's not a half bad receiver (Royal) to drag his feet near the sideline than it is to teach a receiving TE how to catch the ball in clutch situations. In other words, I don't think you teach "clutch", a player either is or isn't, and McMichael isn't.

Earthquake Enyart
03-06-2007, 09:33 AM
Pass.

Static
03-06-2007, 09:34 AM
He was a good TE that made to many mistakes.

Plus he is a filthy wife beater.

Gunzlingr
03-06-2007, 09:39 AM
:no:

bigbub2352
03-06-2007, 11:13 AM
I sympothize with all the wife beater haters out there, as i am one as well, but if we really get down to it many players in all professional sports get away with alot of crap, in my thinking hopefully he turned the page and never does it again,
that bein said i would take him here and give him a second chance, he would be a great weapon for our offense and hopefully his charachter issues are far behind him

realdealryan
03-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Character veto x4

Don't we have money tied up at that position and too many needs elsewhere?

Marvelous
03-06-2007, 11:19 AM
NO! We have been without a stud TE, so to sell out now and get a bad character loser who beats his wife sounds silly to me...

Ickybaluky
03-06-2007, 11:33 AM
Judge for yourself.

The first incident (http://www.safe4all.org/essays/victims):

''Randy McMichael had been out celebrating his 25th birthday on Monday. He returned home early Tuesday. He became ill in a downstairs bathroom. His wife came into the room yelling at him and questioning his whereabouts and who he had been with.

The argument began to escalate. McMichael told deputies his wife hit him across the head with a hand. McMichael said he pushed his wife and she fell to the floor. He denied hitting her.

Cawanna McMichael, who was weeping and upset when questioned, admitted the escalating argument. She at first said she was not struck. Then she said she had been grabbed by her right shoulder and struck several times. She would not say where.

"We noticed slight swelling on her left cheek and minor abrasions on her right arm," says the deputies report.

A taped statement was taken from Cawanna McMichael while photos were taken of her.

McMichael was charged with aggravated battery on a pregnant female, a second-degree felony that is punishable by up to 15 years in prison.

Cawanna McMichael was charged with domestic battery.''

The second incident (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2105741):

According to the police report, McMichael acknowledged he had two glasses of wine and several beers before arguing with his wife, but he refused to take a field breathalyzer test.

Cawanna McMichael, 22, told police the contact with her husband was an accident as he was throwing some of her belongings out of their 1984 Cadillac Coupe de Ville.

Four witnesses told police they saw McMichael throw his wife from the car. One witness told police he saw the athlete throw his wife away from the vehicle several times, according to the report.

Spousal abuse should not be condoned, but he wife sounds like a nut.

DraftBoy
03-06-2007, 11:47 AM
chick sounds like a crazy golddigger

Mr. Miyagi
03-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Spousal abuse should not be condoned, but he wife sounds like a nut.
She was pregnant, so I'll give her a pass on being a nut.

McMichael beat up the woman carrying his child. He needs to go to hell.

Mike13
03-06-2007, 03:11 PM
The wife-beater thing is unacceptable if that's true. The bigger part of me believes it is true, but honestly - why do I feel that way? The eye-witnesses didn't actually see him hit her, she said the hit occurred when he was tossing her stuff out of the car, and the prosecutors straight up dropped the charges. There obviously wasn't enough evidence, even with witnesses, to charge him. Sooooo, you have to give him the benefit of the doubt at the very least. Even if the wife asked them not to press charges, the prosecutors still could if there was enough evidence.<!-- / message -->

It seems true, the guy is an ass. He has all the talent in the world but he has never truly lived up to it, he never steps up when he has to.
Our QB situation may played a part in his lack of production.

He wasn't traded because no won would pick up his contract, that could be the reason.

patmoran2006
03-06-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm still holding out for Everett. :ill:
lol yer nuts..

McMichael isnt coming though, I guarentee that.. He is the ANTI MARV guy.