PDA

View Full Version : Does Reyes cut mean Briggs coming?

X-Era
03-06-2007, 04:11 PM
Pure speculation on my part. But why now? I havent seen any link to a roster bonus of any sort, why not cut him with Villarial and Bowen?

Again, Im merely adding things up.

We hear the rumor of Briggs talk, now we cut Reyes when we dont need to unless we need more cap space. The only reason we would need cap space now is for either a FA or a trade. The guys that have stopped by are fairly cheap, no cut for cap reasons needed. That leaves the trade option.

Im starting to think the Briggs thing has legs.

Canadian'eh!
03-06-2007, 04:14 PM
yup... they were clearing the cap room to get briggs signed..

/sarcasm

HHURRICANE
03-06-2007, 04:17 PM
They released him because he may be indicted in the JFK shooting or......

He sucked and we just signed 3 starting caliber lineman. Take your pick.

Bert102176
03-06-2007, 04:21 PM
lmao at some of the posts like this one for example

Ed
03-06-2007, 04:24 PM
How much cap space do we even save with the Reyes cut? It can't be that much.

I think the most likely case is that we've just added 3 new lineman and we have a few young guys to develop, so why keep Tutan around? I think out of respect for him, Marv & Co. are just giving him a better chance to sign with another team as opposed to waiting until spring or summer.

gr8slayer
03-06-2007, 04:26 PM
They cut him because he blows dogs for quarters.

evol4276
03-06-2007, 04:27 PM
im sorry im confused with this concept.. im sure reyes wuldnta freed up much space if we were to get briggs

Nick Markakis
03-06-2007, 04:38 PM
lmao at some of the posts like this one for example

Yup.

gr8slayer
03-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Yup.
You sure do offer some great insight with your one word answers.

TacklingDummy
03-06-2007, 04:54 PM
They cut Reyes and Villarail to make room for 2 new scrubs Walker and Whittle.

Mitchy moo
03-06-2007, 04:55 PM
They cut Reyes and Villarail to make room for 2 new scrubs Walker and Whittle.

Scrubs huh?? You are such a tool.

X-Era
03-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Whoa....This is a ridiculously negative response.

Why is everyone so damn agitated today?

Look, cutting Reyes saves 1.25 mill if Im looking at Clumps numbers right.

Maybe we are now seeing what cash to cap really means. Maybe were letting him go because we want the extra mill towards our cap.

I admit the whole thing is weak, I admitted it was just speculation. Rather than blast it outright, why not discuss it?

TacklingDummy
03-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Scrubs huh?? You are such a tool.

Skoob, Whittle has played for 4 teams in 5 years. Walker played on the worst o-line in the NFL. If he was any good the Raiders would have resigned him.

Just because they are Buffalo Bills now doesn't mean someone waived a magic wand and turn them into a mercedes.

Mahdi
03-06-2007, 05:01 PM
getting rid of Reyes would allow us to pay Briggs an extra weeks pay

patmoran2006
03-06-2007, 05:01 PM
lol.. I doubt Reyes has anything to do with creating room for briggs.

Reyes got cut because
A) He's a scrub
B) We spent a decent amount of $ of the OL over the weekend.?

Mitchy moo
03-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Whoa....This is a ridiculously negative response.

Why is everyone so damn agitated today?

Look, cutting Reyes saves 1.25 mill if Im looking at Clumps numbers right.

Maybe we are now seeing what cash to cap really means. Maybe were letting him go because we want the extra mill towards our cap.

I admit the whole thing is weak, I admitted it was just speculation. Rather than blast it outright, why not discuss it?

I get buried for even thinking like this. I speculated about us signing Dockery when we had a 4PM conference and hours later we signed him and I got ripped for it. No benefit of the doubt, nothing.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=121192

YardRat
03-06-2007, 05:32 PM
If they aren't clearing more cap room, they could have kept Reyes and let him compete for a back-up spot on the roster.

patmoran2006
03-06-2007, 05:54 PM
I get buried for even thinking like this. I speculated about us signing Dockery when we had a 4PM conference and hours later we signed him and I got ripped for it. No benefit of the doubt, nothing.

YOu didn't "speculate" anything.

You posted that "Bills sign Dockery!!!!!!!!!!!" thread 2 hours before it happened, because you have severe reading comprehension problems and 100% screwed up word-for-word what was on bills.com

patmoran2006
03-06-2007, 05:56 PM
If they aren't clearing more cap room, they could have kept Reyes and let him compete for a back-up spot on the roster.
They are clearing cap room, that's for sure.. But Reyes couldn't make last seasons wack offensive line active roster the last month, so he had no shot this year tomake the team.

and Im' sure they have other mid-level to low-key guys they are looking at.. But I'm going to go on a limb and say Briggs aint one of them.

Though that would be flippin SWEET if it was.

X-Era
03-06-2007, 06:45 PM

I have to agree that its more a matter of the certainty with which you make your posts. If you were to add more, I thinks, or believe it if you likes, or take it with a grain of salt, you may take less heat.

The other thing is that many would have a touch of envy if you actually do have an inside source. If you dont actually have one, your really gonna take flack for fibbing.

Anyways, the variety makes this website great, and you add variety for sure. Keep it coming!

X-Era
03-06-2007, 06:51 PM
They are clearing cap room, that's for sure.. But Reyes couldn't make last seasons wack offensive line active roster the last month, so he had no shot this year tomake the team.

and Im' sure they have other mid-level to low-key guys they are looking at.. But I'm going to go on a limb and say Briggs aint one of them.

Though that would be flippin SWEET if it was.

It could be out of the cards to land Briggs, it may not be our intention.

I just find it interesting that we would be cutting him now. Why now?

1) If hes so cheap, keep him and let him battle for the RG spot with Whittle isnt exactly a household name.

2) If hes only being cut so we can sign some lower talent, why now? Those guys will be out there later.

My thought isnt what does it really buy us. Its more why now. Moreover, does cutting him now do something tangible for us that we need now....my only idea was that its a cap move because we feel we need the space for someone else.

I then added in the recent Briggs rumors and that where the thought came from.

TigerJ
03-06-2007, 09:29 PM
I suspect the cut of Reyes has something to do with the fact that he couldh't hold his starting job for more than 6 games last season. And oh yes, the Bills signed three offensive linemen a few days ago including a guard who is worlds better than he is.

DraftBoy
03-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Im sorry but Skooby trying to take credit for his screw up still, is friggin hilarious to me