PDA

View Full Version : Stallworth a Patriot???

HHURRICANE
03-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Per NFL Network.

gr8slayer
03-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Not posted on any of my sources yet.

Mitchy moo
03-06-2007, 05:20 PM
wow.

HHURRICANE
03-06-2007, 05:22 PM
I went to the website and it just says offer. If this is true this is going to major league suck.

patmoran2006
03-06-2007, 05:24 PM
F'n great...

I guess their philosophy of not making a big impact in Fa is officially over.

This guy if he can stay healthy is a really good Wr, and clearly better than anything they have right now.

On this board or course, he'll be overated.

Jesus .. I guess NE is serious about staying atop the AFC east.

YardRat
03-06-2007, 05:25 PM
The Pats just keep taking care of business.

patmoran2006
03-06-2007, 05:28 PM
If true.. NE just improved their weakest part of their offense (WR) and already took care of the defensive part (3-4 stud LB)

Night Train
03-06-2007, 05:37 PM
I went to the website and it just says offer. If this is true this is going to major league suck.

Injury history and already a couple strikes against him with drugs, facing a long suspension if he fails once more.

He has talent but remind me again why the Saints and Eagles let him walk ?

The Spaz
03-06-2007, 05:43 PM
He is overrated when has he had a healthy season?

patmoran2006
03-06-2007, 05:51 PM
Just saw Clayton on ESPN 5 minutes ago, no mention of a deal being done.

gil
03-06-2007, 06:02 PM
just watched NFL network crawl, didn't see it...

update: "Stallworth received an offer from the Patriots" - no word on whether he accepted - he's still scheduled to visit other teams tomorrow - I believe MIA is one of them

madness
03-06-2007, 06:18 PM
I'd rather see him there then Moss.

Mr. Miyagi
03-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Even if it was true, I wouldn't be too worried. Stallworth will play no more than 7 games for them.

gr8slayer
03-06-2007, 06:26 PM
The Patriots offered Donte' Stallworth a contract Tuesday.
He's apparently still scheduled to meet with the Titans Wednesday and the Dolphins Thursday. Stallworth has said he'd prefer to play in New England if he doesn't re-sign with the Eagles.

May want to change the title of the thread, very misleading.

Goobylal
03-06-2007, 06:35 PM
He received a (probably low) offer from them, but is going to meet with the Dols and Titans. He wants to be paid.

But his numbers are pedestrian, he's injured a lot, and he's got substance abuse issues. No big deal either way.

Tatonka
03-06-2007, 06:38 PM
I'd rather see him there then Moss.

that is the best way to look at it..

giving brady moss would be the worst possible scenario.. i would much rather see stallworth there.. stallworth is a solid player, but he is not unstoppable.. moss, when motivated, which i am sure he would be with the pats, is unstoppable.

The Answer
03-06-2007, 06:43 PM
Even if it was true, I wouldn't be too worried. Stallworth will play no more than 7 games for them.

Stallworth is a dangerous weapon even at half speed - don't be suprised if a change of scenary reinvigorates his career.

Last thing Toast Mcgee needs right now is veteran receivers like Stallworth and Moss catching passes from Tom Brady.

~The Answer

!Papacrunk!
03-06-2007, 06:44 PM
just watched NFL network crawl, didn't see it...

update: "Stallworth received an offer from the Patriots" - no word on whether he accepted - he's still scheduled to visit other teams tomorrow - I believe MIA is one of them

Yeah, he's going to speak with the Titans, and the Dolphins later this week. The Eagles are still interested in re-signing him too.

Tatonka
03-06-2007, 06:46 PM
Stallworth is a dangerous weapon even at half speed - don't be suprised if a change of scenary reinvigorates his career.

Last thing Toast Mcgee needs right now is veteran receivers like Stallworth and Moss catching passes from Tom Brady.

~The Answer

whatever you say, ice.

patmoran2006
03-06-2007, 06:48 PM
Ice couldn't spell "reinvigorates" its not him.

casdhf
03-06-2007, 06:50 PM
The Patriots usually rely on great route running and timing. This is not Donte Stallworth. But, its those 2 or 3 long balls a game that we will need to watch out for.

RedEyE
03-06-2007, 06:54 PM
So what are the Patriots going to do with their 2 first round picks then if this holds true? At first guess I'd have to say OL or secondary.

Goobylal
03-06-2007, 06:54 PM
The Eagles have a great organization. Stallworth wasn't re-invigorated there.

The Answer
03-06-2007, 06:55 PM
So what are the Patriots going to do with their 2 first round picks then if this holds true? At first guess I'd have to say OL or secondary.

That's the scary part of this whole situation - Pats have had a tremendous offseason already and still have the draft to come - that's where Pioli and company have always struck gold.

Look out....

~The Answer

X-Era
03-06-2007, 06:56 PM
Per NFL Network.

Profootballtalk.com says no deal yet:

POSTED 7:39 p.m. EST, March 6, 2007

STILL NO DEAL FOR STALLWORTH

Contrary to a report on ComcastSportsNet.com that receiver Donte' Stallworth has a deal (http://philadelphia.comcastsportsnet.com/view_content_0p.asp?ID=46287) with the New England Patriots, Profootballtalk.com has learned that there is no agreement.

ComcastSportsNet.com says that the deal was "confirmed . . . by the office of Drew Rosenhaus, Stallworth's agent."

Well, we tracked down Rosenhaus personally, and he told us: "There is no deal, and nothing is imminent."

Stallworth visited with the Patriots on Tuesday, and will next visit with the Titans, and then with the Dolphins. No decision on his next destination is expected until the end of the week, at the earliest.

Not to say they are trustworthy, but it would be monumentaly ballsy to bold face lie about talking with Rosen-pimp personally.

Goobylal
03-06-2007, 06:58 PM
That's the scary part of this whole situation - Pats have had a tremendous offseason already and still have the draft to come - that's where Pioli and company have always struck gold.

Look out....

~The Answer
The Pats basically added Thomas, who if the history of ex-Ravens defenders who left the team is any indication, will likely fall well-short of expectations. Then you have Wes Welker who is no huge pickup. Moreover trading Graham for Brady and losing Dillon are downgrades.

Mitchy moo
03-06-2007, 07:03 PM
This needs to go to the spam zome please, it's not real.

gr8slayer
03-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Something we can agree on. Or change the title.

X-Era
03-06-2007, 07:08 PM

Whos not real? my post or the title post?

Ickybaluky
03-06-2007, 07:38 PM

Secondary is definitely a need. They also can still use help at LB, where they aren't real young. They really could use a young S, so I wouldn't be surprised if they took one high, like maybe Griffin or Nelson. In my dream of dreams they package the picks to trade up high enough to take Landry. They they could move Eugene Wilson, who was on IR last year, back to CB and have a rock-solid secondary. They might still take a WR as well, if they felt the value was there.

I'd be surprised if they took an OL. They have something like their top-8 OL signed through 2009. It would have to be a guy who they felt was graded enough higher that they would ignore other needs.

Ickybaluky
03-06-2007, 07:43 PM
Reportedly, the Eagles and Patriots have made offers to Stallworth, per his agent Drew Rosenhaus. Rosenhaus also says he will visit Tennessee tomorrow and Miami on Thursday, before making a decision on what offer to accept on Friday.

The Pats still have a shot, but they might just be involved in this thing to drive the price up for Miami. Still, for all Stallworth's baggage he would bring them the speed they need at WR. They don't have a real burner at WR, other than Chad Jackson who is coming off injury and might miss training camp. Stallworth averaged over 19 yards-per-catch for Philly last year.

HHURRICANE
03-06-2007, 09:13 PM

Skooby my info was reported not made up. But thanks for making sure our site is accurate. I don't want to piss off our head coach, Mike Sherman.

gr8slayer
03-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Skooby my info was reported not made up. But thanks for making sure our site is accurate. I don't want to piss off our head coach, Mike Sherman.
At least change the title of the thread untill it actually happens. That's all I want.

madness
03-07-2007, 08:16 AM
At least change the title of the thread untill it actually happens. That's all I want.

I second that. Either that or move this thread to :spam:

LtFinFan66
03-07-2007, 08:51 AM
Reportedly, the Eagles and Patriots have made offers to Stallworth, per his agent Drew Rosenhaus. Rosenhaus also says he will visit Tennessee tomorrow and Miami on Thursday, before making a decision on what offer to accept on Friday.

The Pats still have a shot, but they might just be involved in this thing to drive the price up for Miami. Still, for all Stallworth's baggage he would bring them the speed they need at WR. They don't have a real burner at WR, other than Chad Jackson who is coming off injury and might miss training camp. Stallworth averaged over 19 yards-per-catch for Philly last year.I highly doubt they are in it just to drive the price up for the Fins :meh:

HHURRICANE
03-07-2007, 08:56 AM
I second that. Either that or move this thread to :spam:

I agree. I changed the title but I don't know how to change it outside the thread. NFL Network is making me look bad.

RockStar36
03-07-2007, 10:08 AM
The Eagles have a great organization. Stallworth wasn't re-invigorated there.

I disagree. His catches were down but his yardage was good and touchdowns were good till he got hurt. I had him in fantasy and he was racking up the points for me till the injuries set in....again.

Jeff1220
03-07-2007, 10:47 AM
Ice couldn't spell "reinvigorates" its not him.

Didn't one of the bears speak in the third person too? Black Bear maybe?

ParanoidAndroid
03-07-2007, 02:31 PM

The Pats still have a shot, but they might just be involved in this thing to drive the price up for Miami. Still, for all Stallworth's baggage he would bring them the speed they need at WR. They don't have a real burner at WR, other than Chad Jackson who is coming off injury and might miss training camp. Stallworth averaged over 19 yards-per-catch for Philly last year.

I thought Gaffney was coming along nicely later in the year. I think Jackson, Welker and Gaffney will be a good group. Not to say Stallworth wouldn't be an upgrade, but Brady has shown that he doesn't need a star receiver. Why pay for one when the money could be better spent elsewhere?

Ickybaluky
03-07-2007, 03:03 PM
I thought Gaffney was coming along nicely later in the year. I think Jackson, Welker and Gaffney will be a good group. Not to say Stallworth wouldn't be an upgrade, but Brady has shown that he doesn't need a star receiver. Why pay for one when the money could be better spent elsewhere?

Gaffney did come on late in the year, and had a big playoffs (12-244-2 in 3 games). However, Jackson is rehabbing from an ACL injury and may miss the start of the season. Caldwell, Gaffney and Welker are not deep threats, and the Pats still need a WR to stretch the field. I think if given the opportunity to pick up a guy who could threaten teams deep they would be willing to pay. If not, they may still draft a WR high.

Bottom line is the Pats need to threaten the deep outside better to open up the run game. Last year teams were bringing the S down in the box as an extra defender, and they didn't have the weapons to beat them over-the-top and make them come out of it.