PDA

View Full Version : RB Chris Brown visiting Wednesday?

YardRat
03-06-2007, 05:33 PM
Don't know if this has been posted yet, and I don't have a link...just heard it on the local news (channel 4 in Buffalo)

patmoran2006
03-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Assuming we lose out on Rhodes, this is probably are next best option.

Does nothing for me though. It's looking more and more like round 2 of the draft is going to be a RB.

Jan Reimers
03-06-2007, 06:10 PM
Doesn't Brown have a history of injuries?

patmoran2006
03-06-2007, 06:12 PM
just "try and get by" with RB in 2007 and then make getting a game-changer priority #1 next offseason.

The only stud in the draft is Peterson.. Well, on paper anyway-- You never know who may become an elite back I suppose. But I really dont see Buffalo going RB at 12, and its questionable even in round 2 if they take one, depending on what is done between now and the draft.

patmoran2006
03-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Doesn't Brown have a history of injuries?
missed 17 games over last three years; only played in five games last year.

Slim
03-06-2007, 06:15 PM
just "try and get by" with RB in 2007 and then make getting a game-changer priority #1 next offseason.

The only stud in the draft is Peterson.. Well, on paper anyway-- You never know who may become an elite back I suppose. But I really dont see Buffalo going RB at 12, and its questionable even in round 2 if they take one, depending on what is done between now and the draft.

If we trade Willis, and Okoye is off the board, i could see Marv taking a long hard look at Lynch.

patmoran2006
03-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Not that I put a ton of stock into Combine numbers, but does anybody remember Lynch's 40 time at the combine compared to some of the other "name" RB prospects?

Slim
03-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Not that I put a ton of stock into Combine numbers, but does anybody remember Lynch's 40 time at the combine compared to some of the other "name" RB prospects?

He ran a 4.46

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/10021441
Group 6- 40 yard dash.

X-Era
03-06-2007, 07:14 PM

I keep seeing that thought about waiting till next year...crop being better....

Where do you expect us to be drafting? Lets be real, if we draft at the same spot, we can expect about the same talent level as this year. Whos the stud thats gonna drop? If they are dropping there is a reason. I seriously hope you dont think we will have a top 5 pick next year, were not that bad.

Now, if you argued that we could play McGahee behind our upgraded OL, realizing he knows its his contract year, hoping he finally decides to play for real next year because he thinks hes earning money, and then if he does play like a stud franchise him, to get more in a trade, then move up for a stud RB....

That I can see. But the guy doesnt play with heart. Is it a lock that he doesnt just go through the motions next year too?

Wouldnt we want to start in a whole new direction now?

Seriously, tell me why passing on Lynch is smart because next year we will get ____ . You tell me who is better that we likely get lower.

HHURRICANE
03-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Unless something crazy happens like Spikes/Mcgahee for Briggs than I don't want a team full of #2 RBs.

The running back by commitee worked in Indy because they have this guy, he's pretty good, named Peyton Manning. I love how everyone gets a woody everytime somebody wins with something different. West Coast offense, Tampa 2, and now 2 mediocre RBs splitting time.

Sorry but if somebody had locked Shottenheimer in his car than LT would be MVP and everyone would be clamoring for one stud RB!!

X-Era
03-06-2007, 07:30 PM
Unless something crazy happens like Spikes/Mcgahee for Briggs than I don't want a team full of #2 RBs.

The running back by commitee worked in Indy because they have this guy, he's pretty good, named Peyton Manning. I love how everyone gets a woody everytime somebody wins with something different. West Coast offense, Tampa 2, and now 2 mediocre RBs splitting time.

Sorry but if somebody had locked Shottenheimer in his car than LT would be MVP and everyone would be clamoring for one stud RB!!

I totally agree. I dont see what Chris Brown brings us. At best, he simply replaces McGahees backup.

We need to be thinking replacement for McGahee, thats not Brown.

Lynch, M Bush, Now your talking!