PDA

View Full Version : I dont think anybody can question..

patmoran2006
03-06-2007, 06:06 PM
There isn't any question that til this point, the AFC East has been the most aggressive with FA and at least on paper have all improved.

NE- They got the jewel prize of FA with Adalius Thomas.. NOt only is he a great player but this defensive scheme is absolutely ideal for a player like him.. With that nasty DL in front of him he's going to get off big time this year.. I dread seeing him twice. Welker might have been a bit much to give up for him, but he will help them as well. I bet his numbers go up with a real QB like Brady; its pretty hard to question personnel moves made by Bellicheck, even though I hate him. They're also the front runners right now to land STallworth and even if they don't, I'm going to bet they land another starting WR.. Umm oh ya, they have TWO first rounders too.

Buffalo- Achiles Heel for last seven years has been the OL. well it may or may not work out, but at least this time Buffalo gambled where it matters most to them. DOckery is a solid, if not great player. Given the year-to-year weakness at guard- I think he was worth the money.. Walker is a huge risk, but maybe a change of scenery will make him a better player. He could play RT or RG, but either way he should (better) help this OL.. For the first time in years, the Bills have a chance to impose their will on other teams in the running game. Of course, they have major holes to fill still, especially on defense; but they still have some FA and the draft .. Losman and Evans plus an improved OL could make for an exciting offense this year.

Jets- only one relevant move so far, but it was as big as any move in the NFL (imo).. Thomas Jones is the perfect RB for this team, and with him teams now have to respect the Jets ground game as well as the pass. WIth Brick and Mangold, holy **** do they have a solid OL for years to come. This is a very dangerous team, people dont talk much about.

Miami- They are a mess on offense (no OL) but the defense took a hell of a boost with Joey Poter. I said earlier expect Miami to try and emulate Baltimore, and just be dominant on defense; which will keep them in almost any game late into the 4th when a single play can make or break the outcome. I think they are the weakest in the division right now, but I like the direction they are going in, including coaching.

Typ0
03-06-2007, 06:23 PM
great...we play in one of the toughest divisions in football.

patmoran2006
03-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Could be..

Typ0
03-06-2007, 06:32 PM
our schedule is brutal. I expect it's going to be a tough season. If this team truly does have character it should get quite better during the upcoming season. We spent on some players to finally get stability on the OLine for more than one season.

justasportsfan
03-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Could be..
what happened to your sig? :mad:

The Answer
03-06-2007, 06:39 PM
great...we play in one of the toughest divisions in football.

Nothing new here - we set the standard back in the early 90's and as a result every team in the division beefed up to keep pace.

Only problem now is that we haven't been won a division title or been involved in the playoffs this millenium - pretty sad.

~The Answer

Typ0
03-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Nothing new here - we set the standard back in the early 90's and as a result every team in the division beefed up to keep pace.

Only problem now is that we haven't been won a division title or been involved in the playoffs this millenium - pretty sad.

~The Answer

I don't see what the early 90s have to do with anything in todays NFL Mrs. Answer.

!Papacrunk!
03-06-2007, 06:48 PM

~The Answer
Off the subject of your post, but is the picture in your avatar your nemesis, since the answer would be the complete opposite of a question or question mark? Just bored, thought I'd ask.

The Answer
03-06-2007, 06:50 PM
I don't see what the early 90s have to do with anything in todays NFL Mrs. Answer.

The Answer was making a point - AFC BEAST has always been strong division ever since the late 80's/early 90's when Marino/Kelly were squaring off annually for the AFC East crown.

As a result of 2 juggernauts in the same division you saw the Pats go from NFL whipping boys to the superbowl when Parcells/Bledsoe showed up - fast forward to the next decade and they are one of the greatest dynasty in professional sports who now have set the bar for the AFC East/entire league.

Jets also got better as well toward the latter half of the 90's when Parcells jumped ship but have been sporadic since one year making the playoffs, next drafting in the top 5.

Bottom Line - AFC BEAST is back with a vengeance in 2007. Look for the Pats to run away with the division crown as usual, with Bills/Jets in the mix all season for a wildcard spot. Rebuilding porpoise should bring up the rear - but in todays NFL you never know.....

~The Answer

The Answer
03-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Off the subject of your post, but is the picture in your avatar your nemesis, since the answer would be the complete opposite of a question or question mark? Just bored, thought I'd ask.

For every question there is an ANSWER

~The Answer

camelcowboy
03-06-2007, 06:51 PM
The Answer was making a point - AFC BEAST has always been strong division ever since the late 80's/early 90's when Marino/Kelly were squaring off annually for the AFC East crown.

As a result of 2 juggernauts in the same division you saw the Pats go from NFL whipping boys to the superbowl when Parcells/Bledsoe showed up - fast forward to the next decade and they are one of the greatest dynasty in professional sports who now have set the bar for the AFC East/entire league.

Jets also got better as well toward the latter half of the 90's when Parcells jumped ship but have been sporadic since one year making the playoffs, next drafting in the top 5.

Bottom Line - AFC BEAST is back with a vengeance in 2007. Look for the Pats to run away with the division crown as usual, with Bills/Jets in the mix all season for a wildcard spot. Rebuilding porpoise should bring up the rear - but in todays NFL you never know.....

~The Answer

http://www.starkecontrasts.com/gallery/jimmy_sm.jpg

HHURRICANE
03-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Great thread. I was thinking of posting something similar.

The Pats are scarier by far.

The Jets improved but I'm still not scared to play them.

The Dolphins signed a 30 year old LB to a stupid contract. I think this will be a short term fix at best. I think the Dolphins are going to be sucking for at least 2 more years. No QB, not much of a running attack and an aging D.

The Pats are and still remain a GIANT wall in front of us. Instead of us all hoping they are going to start sucking it's time for OBD to keep the pressure up. Last week might have provoked the Pats to be aggressive because the signings they have made have been over the top. If we do trade McGahee it has to be for more than just a second rounder. We need to be able to move up or get a player like Briggs out of the deal.

The only way I see the Bills competing is if McGahee and Spikes go to Chicago and we get Briggs. Than we use our #12 pick to get Lynch. The other picks focus on DT, LB and CB. That would be one hell of a team and gives us a fighting chance against the "dark empire."

raphael120
03-06-2007, 09:25 PM
you don't know the power of the bellichek