PDA

View Full Version : Weinke, Harrington, or Tuiasosopo?

X-Era
03-06-2007, 07:06 PM
We know our starting spot is filled but for some reason Kelly Hole-pelt is still on this team taking up cap room. Yes, you lurkers are out there, this is not a JP thread, lets stick to the topic here.

As you may or may not remember he was god awful last training camp. Im saying cut him and go with a younger guy. Some guys out there are

Chris Weinke (released today I believe)
Joey Harrington
Brian St. Pierre- I seem to remember him playing decent in spot duty, maybe it was Fitzpatrick
Marques Tuiasosopo- Ive always liked the way he plays, hes a gritty guy. He just never caught on and won a starting job.

Any thoughts?

Bert102176
03-06-2007, 07:34 PM
trent green is gonna be released any day now would rather have him as our top back-up

TacklingDummy
03-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Im thinking Rob Johnson. He can teach JP everything he knows.

X-Era
03-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Im thinking Rob Johnson. He can teach JP everything he knows.

Just couldnt help it huh?

Even freespeakers can be annoying.

The Answer
03-06-2007, 08:13 PM
We know our starting spot is filled but for some reason Kelly Hole-pelt is still on this team taking up cap room. Yes, you lurkers are out there, this is not a JP thread, lets stick to the topic here.

As you may or may not remember he was god awful last training camp. Im saying cut him and go with a younger guy. Some guys out there are

Joey Harrington
Brian St. Pierre- I seem to remember him playing decent in spot duty, maybe it was Fitzpatrick
Marques Tuiasosopo- Ive always liked the way he plays, hes a gritty guy. He just never caught on and won a starting job.

Any thoughts?

Holcomb > Chris "Winkie Dinkie Do"

Holcomb > Joey Suckington

Holcomb > Marques Toiletpaperso

Does this ANSWER your question?

~The Answer

The Answer
03-06-2007, 08:14 PM
trent green is gonna be released any day now would rather have him as our top back-up

Word on the street is that the fins will make a move for green if he's released.

Holcomb is a better QB anyway at this point.

~The Answer

Lexwhat
03-06-2007, 08:17 PM

Joey Harrington

Any thoughts?

Why not just keep Kelly Holcomb? JP is durable, and judging from last year, it seems like Holcomb is content sitting on the bench. Therefore, there's no QB controversy.

The only upgrade, IMO, would be Trent Green. However, Green is the type of QB that can be a starter, and that could create unnecessary controversy at the QB position that we DONT need.

Other reasons:
- Holcomb signed a 4 year contract for $6.6 million with $2 million signing bonus. Thats pretty cheap, any way you look at it. And he's signed through 2009.
- If we sign another QB, let's say Trent Green, he will definitely cost way more than that. Especially this off-season where the contracts are just huge.

I say we use the cap room we have now for other needs, like our many defensive holes at LB, CB, and DT...

Philagape
03-06-2007, 08:24 PM
Let's just sign all of them, only so we don't have "What if we signed (every free agent on earth)?" thread

X-Era
03-06-2007, 08:29 PM
Holcomb > Chris "Winkie Dinkie Do"

Holcomb > Joey Suckington

Holcomb > Marques Toiletpaperso

Does this ANSWER your question?

~The Answer

The question thinks your wrong...no? yes?

The question thinks Holcomb is over the hill...no? yes?

The question thinks that third person speak is a training that can only happen when your a member of the Film Actors Guild...no? yes?

X-Era
03-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Let's just sign all of them, only so we don't have "What if we signed (every free agent on earth)?" thread
What we should do is just save this talk until the offseason and till when free agency begins....ohh wait.

The Answer
03-06-2007, 09:06 PM
The question thinks your wrong...no? yes?

The question thinks Holcomb is over the hill...no? yes?

The question thinks that third person speak is a training that can only happen when your a member of the Film Actors Guild...no? yes?

A lot of QB's Holcombs age have wear and tear but let's not sell the wily vet short - he is tanned, rested and ready if needed.

Furthermore The Answer is confident he could lead us to the playoffs if called upon due to an injury to Losman.

~The Answer

gr8slayer
03-06-2007, 09:20 PM
No, no and no.

Night Train
03-07-2007, 06:05 AM
That reads like a bad Law Firm.

Dr. Lecter
03-07-2007, 07:22 AM
If the Bills cut Holcomb, they will move Nall to #2 and add a late round pick or a UDRFA as #3. Marv said as much during his press conference.

don137
03-07-2007, 07:31 AM
No way you go after Weinke...He is over 30 and he sucks. When he started for Carolina last year he was awful.

Earthquake Enyart
03-07-2007, 07:32 AM
The obvious answer is Joey. He had a first round grade.

patmoran2006
03-07-2007, 07:48 AM
None of them.

Bills will draft in 4th or 5th round I think, a 3rd QB and only have to pay him the league minimum.

Who knows, maybe they'll get nuts and take a shot at Troy Smith in round 4 or something.

patmoran2006
03-07-2007, 07:49 AM
isn't Weinke's record as a starter like zero and 456?

RockStar36
03-07-2007, 08:18 AM
Word on the street is that the fins will make a move for green if he's released.

Holcomb is a better QB anyway at this point.

~The Answer

:rofl: :rofl:

Holcomb is better than Green?

Generalissimus Gibby
03-07-2007, 09:51 AM
How about Toby Korrodi (he's a Division II prospect that has incredible accuracy and excellent arm strength as well as outstanding pocket presence)?