PDA

View Full Version : Trade Scenerio.....

RedEyE
03-06-2007, 07:32 PM
Considering the Ravens are serious about McGahee, I'd offer them Willis for Musa Smith and a 2nd day pick in this year's draft, or a 1st day pick next season.

In 4 seasons he hasn't had an opportunity to do anything special behind Jamal Lewis, and Anderson was their 3rd down back, but that also means that he's not used and abused.

He has decent size and great hands out of the backfield. If the Bills offensive line is as good as most of us have come to suspect, then he shouldn't have much of a problem finding a hole or two. I'm willing to bet he could get at least more yardage then McGahee mounted this season.

At the very least this could provide a solution to the current McGahee "problem" at hand, as well as get the Bills a little bang for their buck in return.

Just a suggestion.

The Spaz
03-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Musa seems built just like Mcgahee but doesn't have the attitude.

DraftBoy
03-06-2007, 07:38 PM
Musa is a FA unless he resigned and I missed it, which is quite possible

The Spaz
03-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Here's some Musa info when he came out in the draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/smith_musa

RedEyE
03-06-2007, 07:39 PM

He actually re-signed with Baltimore today, which kind of opened my eyes to him. He had a neck injury last season, but I'm guessing that's healed fine if the Ravens threw money at him for another year.

The Spaz
03-06-2007, 07:40 PM

Yeah I think he resigned today for 1 year with the Ravens. Would love it that he signed just so we could work out a trade.

gr8slayer
03-06-2007, 07:41 PM
You missed it. Typical :couch:

RedEyE
03-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Yeah I think he resigned today for 1 year with the Ravens. Would love it that he signed just so we could work out a trade.

That thought actually crossed my mind as well, but I didn't want to get the conspiracy theory police knocking down my door.

gr8slayer
03-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Ravens re-signed RB Musa Smith to a one-year, $1 million contract. The deal includes a $500,000 signing bonus.
Smith, an explosive running back and occasional Rotoworld mascot, has fully recovered from neck surgery. His presence gives the Ravens a quality option on third downs. Smith could conceivably compete for a larger role depending on who else Baltimore acquires. Staying healthy would be a huge first step.

RedEyE
03-06-2007, 07:43 PM
Here's some Musa info when he came out in the draft.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/smith_musa

I think he's been misused in Baltomore's offense. I mean Jamal Lewis was obvioulsy always numero uno, but it seems to me that Musa could be a formidable weapon if used properly.

The Spaz
03-06-2007, 07:45 PM
I think he's been misused in Baltomore's offense. I mean Jamal Lewis was obvioulsy always numero uno, but it seems to me that Musa could be a formidable weapon if used properly.

I totally agree. I mean Ravens do know how to draft RB's Priest Holmes, Jamal Lewis and maybe Musa Smith.

casdhf
03-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Musa signed a 1 year deal. He would be free to leave after next season as well.

The Spaz
03-06-2007, 07:52 PM

True. We could put him through a test drive and resign him or give him an extension depending on how the season goes.

RedEyE
03-06-2007, 07:53 PM

True. I don't think that would be a too much of a problem though. You deal with that road when you come to it. My primary concern with Smith is his ability to overcome injuries. Even in college it seems he'd get banged up and have to step off the field.

DraftBoy
03-06-2007, 09:55 PM
You missed it. Typical :couch:

I was too busy owning you in the No-Tos, I dont spend my whole life on the cpu, some of us work.

But thank you for the info.

gr8slayer
03-06-2007, 10:18 PM
I was too busy owning you in the No-Tos, I dont spend my whole life on the cpu, some of us work.

But thank you for the info.
Don't make me reveal your "secret" to the rest of the board.