We need one starting RB!!! Not 2 mediocre ones.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

We need one starting RB!!! Not 2 mediocre ones.

I'm sick of everyone getting a woody everytime a team wins with something unorthodox. West Coast offense, Tampa 2, and now the 2 back system.

Well Indy won games because they have a QB named Peyton Manning, probably the greatest QB of all time. If Shottenheimer had been locked in his car than LT would be MVP right now and everyone on this site would be clamoring for one stud RB.

Sorry, but I'll pass on a backfield with A-train, Jones or Rhodes. I'll just keep McGahee and see if he runs for his contract. That's called a win/win. If he's such a dick than we franchise him and trade him at the end of 2007 and get something for him, which everyone is so worried about in the first place. if people want to get upset about this than ask how we just let the highest paid defensive player walk for nothing. That seems like a better topic.
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Re: We need one starting RB!!! Not 2 mediocre ones.

Who might you suggest? Looks like the Bills might have made a move on the Kevin Jones trade but came up short.

Comment

• Bert102176
      • Aug 2002

with who is available out there our best move would be to keep Willis even though he is an A-hole
      lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bert102176
        with who is available out there our best move would be to keep Willis even though he is an A-hole
        That's if he's willing to stay. Unfortunate, isn't it?

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

a two back system can be very effective

consider dunn/duckett, garner/barlow, westbrook/whoever aint injured

you dont necessarily need a franchise back to have a good offense

and it may be the only option available since it looks like willis is gonesville
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
            Who might you suggest? Looks like the Bills might have made a move on the Kevin Jones trade but came up short.
            kevin jones??
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

atrain and rhodes or brown are not nearly as good as any of those 2 back rotations you named.

willis and either brown or rhodes would be.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Aug 2004

I'd rather see the Bills trade McGahee, sign A.Thomas or K.Barlow for a year, draft M.Bush or K.Irons (even B.Leonard) this year and then use their first round pick next year on a franchise-type RB: a S.Slaton, R.Rice, M.Hart, J.(?)Davis from Clemson, I.Johnson, F.Jones, etc. (I'm assuming that the Bills won't be drafting high enough to get the RB from Arkansas--whose name I can't remember right now--who is likely to be the first RB picked in the draft next year).

Next year's draft figures to be loaded with much better quality RBs than this year's will be. As I see it, the Bills will be fighting for a playoff berth this season, not seriously contending for a SB title, so, with the Bills having upgraded their offensive line this offseason, I see no problem in them going with a mediocre veteran RB and breaking in a rookie who can be part of their future RB tandem (their R.Riddick/K.Davis) this season and waiting to draft their future "franchise" back (their future T.Thomas) until next year when there will be more and better quality RBs available. The Colts showed with J.Addai that a rookie RB can step in and play well enough to help a team win a SB last season and some of the RBs who figure to be available in Round 1 of next year's draft are as good or better than Addai. (Could you see the Bills with a R.Rice/B.Leonard RB tandem?...although there are a couple of other RBs who are likely to be in next year's draft that I would probably like to see the Bills get instead of Rice, even though I really love Rice.)
                Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

I would love to have a marquee running back. Unfortunately, McGahee hasn't lived up the to hype. I think he could have been had he shown more dedication. He has the talent, but I think McGahee is McGahee and he's always going to believe he's so good he doesn't need to work to get better. I personally don't see a premiere running back out there at a price Buffalo can afford. I don't see it in free agency. I don't see it in the draft. Realistically, I think the Bills get the best stopgap they can and hope for the marquee player in next year's draft.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by LifetimeBillsFan
                    I'd rather see the Bills trade McGahee, sign A.Thomas or K.Barlow for a year, draft M.Bush or K.Irons (even B.Leonard) this year and then use their first round pick next year on a franchise-type RB: a S.Slaton, R.Rice, M.Hart, J.(?)Davis from Clemson, I.Johnson, F.Jones, etc. (I'm assuming that the Bills won't be drafting high enough to get the RB from Arkansas--whose name I can't remember right now--who is likely to be the first RB picked in the draft next year).

Next year's draft figures to be loaded with much better quality RBs than this year's will be. As I see it, the Bills will be fighting for a playoff berth this season, not seriously contending for a SB title, so, with the Bills having upgraded their offensive line this offseason, I see no problem in them going with a mediocre veteran RB and breaking in a rookie who can be part of their future RB tandem (their R.Riddick/K.Davis) this season and waiting to draft their future "franchise" back (their future T.Thomas) until next year when there will be more and better quality RBs available. The Colts showed with J.Addai that a rookie RB can step in and play well enough to help a team win a SB last season and some of the RBs who figure to be available in Round 1 of next year's draft are as good or better than Addai. (Could you see the Bills with a R.Rice/B.Leonard RB tandem?...although there are a couple of other RBs who are likely to be in next year's draft that I would probably like to see the Bills get instead of Rice, even though I really love Rice.)
                    Good plan, especially with Leonard being the pick this year, but who is the guy this year? Seems like Thomas would be a fit, especially since he's been here, but OBD hasn't inked him to a deal yet. Maybe after seeing the Rhodes' and Brown's of the world they'll sign him.

Comment

Working...
                    X