PDA

View Full Version : Shefter says were working even harder to move McGahee

X-Era
03-06-2007, 09:18 PM
He says we will let him go for a 3rd.

Get er done Marv!!!!

The Ravens ought to fess the damn 3rd rounder for him.

The Answer
03-06-2007, 09:21 PM
He says we will let him go for a 3rd.

Get er done Marv!!!!

The Ravens ought to fess the damn 3rd rounder for him.

Problem is he's not worth a 3rd - Marv is getting greedy and should have just took the 4th rounder from the giants.

~The Answer

gr8slayer
03-06-2007, 09:22 PM
At this point get what you can for him and just break the ties. We need draft picks and Marshawn Lynch.

camelcowboy
03-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Problem is he's not worth a 3rd - Marv is getting greedy and should have just took the 4th rounder from the giants.

~The Answer

Marv should trade him for no less then a third. I'd rather see him rot holding out then receive only a second day pick.

HHURRICANE
03-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Marv should trade him for no less then a third. I'd rather see him rot holding out then receive only a second day pick.

Thank god someone else realizes that the guy isn't woth letting go for a 4th rounder!!

jdbillsfan
03-06-2007, 09:36 PM
I'd rather keep him than trade for a 3rd. I say 2nd or higher.

If it is too much, keep for the season and get another RB next year.

camelcowboy
03-06-2007, 09:38 PM
Thank god someone else realizes that the guy isn't woth letting go for a 4th rounder!!

Im not against trading him, but a 4th round pick for a young running back who can be a playmaker "when he applies himself" is a slap in the face. I was against anything below a 2nd rounder but thats unrealistic. I just would like the bills to have a better plan then just dumping him for nothing.

feelthepain
03-06-2007, 09:39 PM
He's worth a low 1st early 2nd talent wise, he's not worth a 4th attitude wise there-in lies the problem for the Bills.

gr8slayer
03-06-2007, 09:43 PM
He's worth a low 1st early 2nd talent wise, he's not worth a 4th attitude wise there-in lies the problem for the Bills.
Hey! Something we agree on

camelcowboy
03-06-2007, 09:43 PM

Meet halfway and trade him for 3rd

cordog
03-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Hopefully the "experts" on ESPN will keep hyping him as a great back and someone will pony up a 2nd for him.

GarnOFreak
03-06-2007, 09:48 PM
willis needs to go see travis henry. If he plans on holding out into the season, he might not get in enough games that it doesn't count as a year off his contract and we retain his rights. If he pulls a barry sanders, he could be in a situation where he never plays football again. That's right, no big contract in the future if he doesn't play this year. I wonder where the holdout rumors came from. I did read the comments about moving the team to toronto, and we all expexted him to want big money at the end of his contract when we orignally signed him. So I get him asking for a raise....it just seems that with him on the trade blcok the last wekk or two that media and other teams fans seem to think that he is a cancer in the locker room and a malcontent. Yes, statistically he had a not so good year(as a whole), but there were some good games...and at one point he was leading the league in rushing. He's better than average and we, as a team, should be receiving better than average compensatiuon from anyone looking to pick him up from us.(A first day pick).

The Answer
03-06-2007, 09:56 PM

Unless the Titans come calling again like they did last time with TH - than there's no team stupid or desperate enough to give us a day one pick knowing we will just release the toolshed anyway.

Add to the fact his agent is playing the TO maneuver and shooting his mouth off - it all adds up to problems.

The Answer wish he knew where Tom Donablow lived so he could beat him with a stick for wasting a 1st round pick to begin with.

~The Answer

realdealryan
03-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Wasn't it our Peerless pick?

and also

What became of all of the hard work?

camelcowboy
03-06-2007, 10:05 PM
Unless the Titans come calling again like they did last time with TH - than there's no team stupid or desperate enough to give us a day one pick knowing we will just release the toolshed anyway.

~The Answer

Simple Answer ready......? No day 1 pick then willis stays a bill next season. Why release him? he's our property he can rot but ill be upset if the bills waive him for nothing.

Mitchy moo
03-06-2007, 10:32 PM

Without the right attitude the talent only goes so far, other teams know that.

The Answer
03-07-2007, 12:42 AM
Simple Answer ready......? No day 1 pick then willis stays a bill next season. Why release him? he's our property he can rot but ill be upset if the bills waive him for nothing.

He's a cancer - and like all cancers it needs to be quarantined and removed before it proliferates throughout the rest of the lockeroom.

We need to cut our losses here and accept the fact that mcgahee was another Donahoe bust.

~The Answer

Statman
03-07-2007, 04:43 AM
If you were the GM or head coach of another team, would you give up a third or higher for McGahee?

Why? Besides you think he's great.

IMO you can find better RBs in the first three rounds of the draft.

Mr. Miyagi
03-07-2007, 05:50 AM
If you were the GM or head coach of another team, would you give up a third or higher for McGahee?

Why? Besides you think he's great.

IMO you can find better RBs in the first three rounds of the draft.
I'll bet anything that if McGahee gets traded we'll get no less than a 3rd roudner. Some of you people sell your own team and players so short it's scary.

Attitude means jack in the NFL. Unless you're blatantly criminal like PacMan Jones, teams will overlook a lot of attitude things for your talent. Look at the money TO got. Randy Moss went to the Raiders for a 1st round pick and a player. Corey Dillon went to the Pats for a 2nd rounder. Edgerrin James is another The U guy that got big money in Arizona.

McGahee's attitude isn't remotely as bad as TO and Moss. Not that teams know of yet anyway. We'll get no less than a first day pick for him. You watch.

DMBcrew36
03-07-2007, 07:14 AM
You have to factor in that it's a weak market for trying to unload McGahee. That makes his price go down. Supply and demand. I guarantee he would refuse to play here for another year. Bad blood is beginning to brew. Honestly, he is worth a 2nd rounder, but given the market, he's worth a 3rd rounder. I would not unload him for less than a 3rd rounder.

patmoran2006
03-07-2007, 07:36 AM
Its going to be even weaker NEXT year with a solid RB draft class, not to mention they get nothing for him if they dont trade him now..

I wish his attitude would change.. He COULD be a valuable part of this team if he would get his head out of his ass.

NC-BILLS44
03-07-2007, 07:50 AM
The Bills should get a 2nd rounder for him. Even the Bears got a 2nd rounder for Thomas Jones.
If they can't get a 2nd, then make him play for his big contract.

eyedog
03-07-2007, 07:58 AM
Boy that Tom Donadumb was a "great poker player". Is there anyone left who believes he knows more than everyone else just because he WAS a general manager ? Don't believe the people running teams automatically know all, because alot of them don't know ****.
Did that a-hole look into the backgrounds of any of the players he got ? He sure as hell didn't with baby mikey, and Mcgahee. At least Mcgahee has some talent but he has the mindset of a six year old.

Philagape
03-07-2007, 08:28 AM
The Bills should get a 2nd rounder for him. Even the Bears got a 2nd rounder for Thomas Jones.

The Bears also gave up a second-rounder. They gave Jones to the Jets in exchange for moving up 26 spots.

North_Coast
03-07-2007, 08:33 AM

~The Answer

If he's not worth a third, then I expect that Marv keeps him. Now, does that get your shorts in a bunch? Good! :roflmao:

bigbub2352
03-07-2007, 08:35 AM
I really think that value for starting rb;s in this league has gone down, cause all teams know that any given year they can draft our get one in FA, there demand is way down, except for an elite few there are not many RB's who stand out from one another anymore, and i think the NFL is realizing that, it will be interesting to see what and if we get anything for Willis

mysticsoto
03-07-2007, 08:37 AM
Its going to be even weaker NEXT year with a solid RB draft class, not to mention they get nothing for him if they dont trade him now..

I wish his attitude would change.. He COULD be a valuable part of this team if he would get his head out of his ass.

Incorrect. We do get something out of him. We get a strong season from him in which he has to use that "Jet's game type motivation" all season long if he wants to look good as a FA prospect and get a large contract in a year that will have a glut of draft RBs!!!

Money is a powerful motivator!!!

Michael82
03-07-2007, 10:44 AM
i'm shocked that would be all that we'll get for him. A 3rd rounder for a 25 year old RB that has a TON of potential!?!? :shocked:

Michael82
03-07-2007, 10:47 AM
Thank you! Great post! :bf1:

Michael82
03-07-2007, 10:49 AM
Incorrect. We do get something out of him. We get a strong season from him in which he has to use that "Jet's game type motivation" all season long if he wants to look good as a FA prospect and get a large contract in a year that will have a glut of draft RBs!!!

Money is a powerful motivator!!!
Look at Nate Clements for the biggest example. He was mediocre until he realized that it was his contract year...then he turned it on big time and GOT PAID!

camelcowboy
03-07-2007, 11:13 AM
He's a cancer - and like all cancers it needs to be quarantined and removed before it proliferates throughout the rest of the lockeroom.

We need to cut our losses here and accept the fact that mcgahee was another Donahoe bust.

~The Answer

If he wants to hold out fine, but he is a asset that some team will want. The bills don't get better by cutting him. They have shaud williams on the roster right now as a starter if willis leaves. Stop crying!! holding on to willis till we receive some kind of fair value is not going to destroy the locker room. The bills don't get better by cutting him. Make him play for his contract franchise him then trade him.

~The Answer is put a hot compress on it ice!