• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bone
    Bone
    • Oct 2006

Im starting to get a lil upset

We are pretty much doin the worst in FA compared to our division rivals, Miami is almost ahead of us, they have a defense we have dont ahve a defense.

We NEED TO START SPENDING SOME DOUGH!
    BILLIEVE
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: Im starting to get a lil upset

What year are you living in?

Comment

• MDFINFAN
      • Jun 2003

No, we have parts of our D, about 3/4, but we need depth, and a solid NT.. And of course we need a whole lot of help on O..so you're ahead of us.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

I think FA so far goes like this Pats> Jets> Bills> Fish

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

The Jets had one very good signing and suddenly they improved their team more than us shoring up our OL? I don't think so.

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mitch20
            We are pretty much doin the worst in FA compared to our division rivals, Miami is almost ahead of us, they have a defense we have dont ahve a defense.

Umm...

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
              The Jets had one very good signing and suddenly they improved their team more than us shoring up our OL? I don't think so.
              Well they really didn't lose anything this off-season and they (much like us) upgraded their weakness with a hell of a player.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                I think FA so far goes like this Pats> Jets> Bills> Fish

I disagree, I think it's like this Phins>Pats>Bills>Jets

Here's my reasoning,

Phins==jettison a lot of dead weight, solidified the pass rush D. Open for building O in Cam's image. 9 draft picks..

Pats--took a good receiver and all purpose man from the phins, Thomas, no question..may add stalworth, already solid nucleaus.

Bills, has nuclear already, add OL, missing link for awhile now. But lose a great CB and good LB, may lose Spike and a very good RB.

Jets, solid rb added..what else..

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

So, uhh, was the original post a joke?

Comment

• gr8slayer
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
                    I disagree, I think it's like this Phins>Pats>Bills>Jets

Here's my reasoning,

Phins==jettison a lot of dead weight, solidified the pass rush D. Open for building O in Cam's image. 9 draft picks..

Pats--took a good receiver and all purpose man from the phins, Thomas, no question..may add stalworth, already solid nucleaus.

Bills, has nuclear already, add OL, missing link for awhile now. But lose a great CB and good LB, may lose Spike and a very good RB.

Jets, solid rb added..what else..
                    You are of course entitled to you opinions.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Carlton Bailey
                      So, uhh, was the original post a joke?

Comment

• The Answer
                        The Plagiarist
                        • Mar 2007

Fellas - A wise man once told me PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

~The Answer

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

LOL ! Games are won and lost during the March Headline Wars. Just ask Dan Snyder !
                          Last edited by Night Train; 03-07-2007, 05:47 AM.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Statman
                            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                            Whittle is "shoring up our OL?"

Walker too?

You overrate our signees. Walker wouldn't have gotten a third of what he got from us, from any team, last year. The 2006 season wasn't kind to him either.

Far too much blind euphoria here. You probably thought the same thing about Reyes and Fowler last year. Dockery is good but far from great. Whittle's a washed up backup and Walker has serious issues with his play.

So I'm not so sure that this "shoring up" is what you seem to be expecting. Meanwhile, we are missing some pretty key ingredients to decent defense. No real cover cornerback that we can rely on; no MLB, not one good DT on the roster.

We resigned Kelsay, but big deal. Was he a cog in some monster DL? Hardly. Our DL sucked last season.

Unless something else changes drastically, I don't think that we're going to see much of a difference overall in our level of play. Sure, the offense may be slightly better, but the defense won't be. Neither was good last season.

We have a pretty deep hole to climb out of. With the contracts we just gave Dockery and Walker, imagine what some of our better guys coming up are going to want.
                            Facts speak louder than opinions

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

If you are trying to say, "we don't have a defense," I think you are way off base.

We have a solid corps of DEs, including a very good player in Schobel, a guy who has improved each year in Kelsay, and a young player with real potential in Hargrove.

At DT we have Triplett who improved toward the end of last season, a scrapper in Williams, and a first rounder coming back from injury in McCargo. We need one more guy here, who I would expect in the draft.

The LB trio of Spikes, Crowell and Ellison to me is unsettled due to Spikes' physical condition and Ellison's inexperience. Crowell is excellent. We need help here, probably through the draft.

CB may need shoring up until Youboty can take over Nare's spot.

Safety is a position of strength.

I think we need no more than a DT, LB and CB to make this a very competitive unit - and if a few young guys develop, these needs will be less critical.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X