PDA

View Full Version : jerry angelo expects Briggs to stay with the Bears

BILLSROCK1212
03-06-2007, 09:32 PM
Bears | Angelo expects Briggs to play
Tue, 6 Mar 2007 19:25:17 -0800

The Associated Press reports Chicago Bears general manager Jerry Angelo is expecting LB Lance Briggs to play with the team in 2007. Briggs recently said he wants out of Chicago, and he wants the team to either remove the franchise tag or trade him. Angelo said, "We have his rights, so he's on our football team. We feel that we're treating him very good. That's a lot of money he's making on a one year-deal. The strain really comes to us in terms of our cap and what we have to do for a one-year deal."

DraftBoy
03-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Bears | Angelo expects Briggs to play
Tue, 6 Mar 2007 19:25:17 -0800

The Associated Press reports Chicago Bears general manager Jerry Angelo is expecting LB Lance Briggs to play with the team in 2007. Briggs recently said he wants out of Chicago, and he wants the team to either remove the franchise tag or trade him. Angelo said, "We have his rights, so he's on our football team. We feel that we're treating him very good. That's a lot of money he's making on a one year-deal. The strain really comes to us in terms of our cap and what we have to do for a one-year deal."

Sounds like Angelo is scurrying to save his own butt

camelcowboy
03-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Sounds like Angelo is scurrying to save his own butt

Typical response from a gm. We will see Brigg's resolve. I believe if he holds his ground he will be able to force a trade.

Carlton Bailey
03-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Screw you, Angelo. Send Lance our way.

gr8slayer
03-06-2007, 09:52 PM
The Bears owners are no doubt the cheapest in the league. Dan Patrick had a segment about them today, makes me sick.

Saratoga Slim
03-07-2007, 08:19 AM
The Bears owners are no doubt the cheapest in the league. Dan Patrick had a segment about them today, makes me sick.

no kidding. look how long it took them to resign their head coach! what does that say to the players. Doesn't make me sick though, I'm happy to see poor management on other teams

madness
03-07-2007, 08:24 AM
What a *****. Stick to your guns Briggs!

Saratoga Slim
03-07-2007, 08:28 AM
no kidding. look how long it took them to resign their head coach! what does that say to the players. Doesn't make me sick though, I'm happy to see poor management on other teams

Mr. Miyagi
03-07-2007, 08:55 AM
Angelo said, "We have his rights, so he's on our football team. We feel that we're treating him very goodl."
Very WELL, Mr. Angelo. If you're the GM of an NFL team please at least use proper grammar.