PDA

View Full Version : London changed teams & his name........

BAM
03-06-2007, 08:20 PM
Interesting.

On changing from Fletcher-Baker back to just Fletcher:
"I added the hyphen Baker to honor my father and grandfather last season and give them homage. Since then I have decided to go back to Fletcher. That was something that I had planned on doing. I never changed it on my jersey. It was just to pay them respect. My grandfather actually passed during the season. He was battling some illness during the season. I just thought it was the right thing to do for him."

He also had good things to say about Buffalo:

On why he chose not to re-sign with Buffalo:
"The things that they are doing in Buffalo are very promising as well. However an opportunity like this does not come along often. It was just something I couldn't pass up. It was a situation where I was torn. I had grown to love the fans in Buffalo, as well as the organization and a lot of the things they had going on there and the direction they were heading. Buffalo is also only two hours from my home in Cleveland. There were options that I had to weigh. Buffalo wanted to retain me. When it was all said and done I looked at the opportunity to play for the Washington Redskins, I know that Mr. Snyder is going to do everything he can to make this team a winning organization. Everything I have heard from previous players is that this is a first class organization. That is an understatement. This is beyond first class."

I would like to say I wish him well here and good luck and all that but honestly I hope he fails miserably in Washington. There is only one team I despise more than the Redskins. I do thank him for being a class act while he was around in the B-Lo however. So long Fletcher-Bake.. err Fletcher whatever!

The whole thing is here: http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=25129

RedEyE
03-06-2007, 08:25 PM
So Buffalo did want to retain him. Interesting.

Carlton Bailey
03-06-2007, 09:11 PM
Good luck to The Artist Formerly Known as Fletcher-Baker.

gr8slayer
03-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Fletch will always be one of my favorite Bills.

Mr. Miyagi
03-06-2007, 09:31 PM
I too wanted us to keep London, but when you're near the end of your career and you're offered the last huge payday you have to take it. No hurt feelings. Good luck to you too London. :up:

Mitchy moo
03-06-2007, 11:05 PM
On changing from Fletcher-Baker back to just Fletcher:
"I added the hyphen Baker to honor my father and grandfather last season and give them homage. Since then I have decided to go back to Fletcher. That was something that I had planned on doing. I never changed it on my jersey. It was just to pay them respect. My grandfather actually passed during the season. He was battling some illness during the season. I just thought it was the right thing to do for him."

gr8slayer
03-06-2007, 11:07 PM
:yawn: already posted

Devin
03-06-2007, 11:12 PM
Merged. :rolleyes:

Sabresbills1
03-06-2007, 11:28 PM
Good luck to Fletch, but it was time for the Bills to move on.

shelby
03-07-2007, 04:35 AM
i will miss him. :(

Historian
03-07-2007, 04:44 AM
I know that Mr. Snyder is going to do everything he can to make this team a winning organization. Everything I have heard from previous players is that this is a first class organization. That is an understatement. This is beyond first class."

:roflmao:

Statman
03-07-2007, 04:48 AM
Why you laughing, they've been such a playoff power these past few years.

:D

!Papacrunk!
03-07-2007, 06:59 AM
Why you laughing, they've been such a playoff power these past few years.

:D

well unlike our teams they've gotten to the playoffs recently

Al13
03-07-2007, 07:36 AM
so the bills tried to retain him and he chose the skins because he wants to win......something that maybe can happen in DC but not in Buffalo...:oops: :dance: :respect: