PDA

View Full Version : Possible 1st round opponents...

Ebenezer
03-06-2007, 11:56 PM
ok, I'm bored...bare with me.

Assuming the Sabres get #1 in the conference it looks like they will play one of the following:

Toronto
Carolina
NYR
Montreal
Boston

What is the one team you definately would want to play and which team would you want to avoid?

SabreEleven
03-07-2007, 12:11 AM
I'd like to get revenge on those bastards from Carolina. I'd like to stay away from a Canadien team in the first round. We tended to have problems with them especially earlier this year and especially Montreal. But in all honestly, none of them scare me.

hammerbillsfan
03-07-2007, 12:13 AM
If I liked the Sabres, the Rangers look pretty soft right now.

Any Canadian team and Boston would be a war.

BlackMetalNinja
03-07-2007, 05:27 AM
I want Carolina... mostly because I'll be able to attend any games here since the arena is 10 minutes from my place... and because we'd trounce them and I could shut some people up around here.

YardRat
03-07-2007, 05:56 AM
I'm a fan of being careful what you wish for, but...

I'd like to take out Carolina early, and Montreal concerns me.

RockStar36
03-07-2007, 07:29 AM
Carolina or Toronto.

Earthquake Enyart
03-07-2007, 07:29 AM
A first round series with TO would be off the hook.

don137
03-07-2007, 07:33 AM
I want Carolina for 2 reasons. One, I want revenge and two, I would come up from Charlotte to attend a game.

RockStar36
03-07-2007, 07:34 AM
The revenge factor is great. But it would be about as satisfying to see them not even make the playoffs. Something I believe I said last year during the Cup. The series with Toronto would be great because of the rivalry, plus Buffalo pretty much owns them this year.

SABuffalo786
03-07-2007, 09:45 AM
I want Carolina DEAD.

chernobylwraiths
03-07-2007, 11:31 AM
Philadelphia!

Earthquake Enyart
03-07-2007, 11:41 AM
TO in the first, Ottawa in the 2nd. :up:

RockStar36
03-07-2007, 12:03 PM

Might as well just punch a ticket to the Conference Finals then....

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-07-2007, 01:01 PM
I want nothing to do with Carolina. I would much rather play Toronto or the Rangers.

SabreEleven
03-07-2007, 01:54 PM
If I liked the Sabres, the Rangers look pretty soft right now.

Any Canadian team and Boston would be a war.

That NorthWEstern guy says that the Rangers are going DEEP into playoffs :rolleyes:

The place the Rangers are deep is in Jagr's arse one at a time.

SABuffalo786
03-08-2007, 02:24 PM
I want nothing to do with Carolina. I would much rather play Toronto or the Rangers.

Why not?

The King
03-08-2007, 02:50 PM
Id like to see Boston face Buffalo in round one it would be a great challenge for this newly assembled Bruins team. Plus gettting beat to the #1 seed comes with no shame. Making the playoffs will be a great building block for Boston.

GThirst
03-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Anyone who wants to play Toronto doesn't want to go to that series then.

They will hound our tickets.

Ebenezer
03-08-2007, 10:59 PM
Avoid toronto at all costs. The NYR are very beatable.

JD
03-09-2007, 01:45 PM
Toronto-..lol
Carolina- IFFY, but would love to visit Sabres Alley again!! :D
NYR- SWEEEEEEEEP
Montreal- TOUGH
Boston- Joke

RockStar36
03-09-2007, 01:49 PM
The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards Carolina.

I'd also anticipate all the Carolina fans coming back to join in the discussion. They were such wonderful people last year.

Patrick76777
03-09-2007, 02:16 PM

Assuming the Sabres get #1 in the conference it looks like they will play one of the following:

Toronto
Carolina
NYR
Montreal
Boston

What is the one team you definately would want to play and which team would you want to avoid?

Please. We would destroy any of those teams in a playoff series.

SabreEleven
03-09-2007, 03:29 PM
The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards Carolina.

I'd also anticipate all the Carolina fans coming back to join in the discussion. They were such wonderful people last year.

Haven't those fans jumped that bangwagon? The Hurricanes jumped the shark.

GThirst
03-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Toronto-..lol
Carolina- IFFY, but would love to visit Sabres Alley again!! :D
NYR- SWEEEEEEEEP
Montreal- TOUGH
Boston- Joke
Do you even follow hockey? Montreal is on a downword slope and we would tear them apart. Huet is out and they are garbage.

BuffFan615
03-10-2007, 03:02 PM
Anyone who wants to play Toronto doesn't want to go to that series then.

They will hound our tickets.

Toronto Scares the hell out of me for that reason. If we play them it will be like not having any home games. Toronto fans will offer like 500 bucks a ticket to sabres fans and am I sure most people would take the money as they do during the regular season. I would love to play the Rangers personally they are soft.

SABURZFAN
03-10-2007, 03:05 PM

Toronto
Carolina
NYR
Montreal
Boston

most of our losses have been to Canadian teams but i feel that we can take out the Leafs or the Habs.boston has been on fire and may be the team everybody wants to avoid.the Rangers are soft and i don't think they'll make the playoffs.i'd like to see Carolina for the fact that they beat us last year.we swept them in the series this past year and nothing would make me happier than to sweep them in the playoffs with us crushing them in each game by 4 or more goals.

SABuffalo786
03-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Do you even follow hockey? Montreal is on a downword slope and we would tear them apart. Huet is out and they are garbage.

They weren't garbage a few weeks ago! They played us pretty close.

In this aspect, standings mean ****. Montreal matches up VERY WELL with us and anyone who dismisses them completely just because of Huet is out is just asking for trouble.

A series versus Montreal would be heart attack city.