PDA

View Full Version : I think the Willis trade is already a done deal

patmoran2006
03-07-2007, 09:47 AM
Just remember you heard it from me first.

I think the Bills have already agreed to a trade for McGahee, to Balitmore. I think what's not completed is that Baltimore right now is trying to sign him to an extension. I also think it's why Jamal Lewis has begun scheduling visits with other teams, it's why I think Rhodes and Brown have been in Buffalo this week as well.

While I cant "prove" this at this time, I do know for a fact that its NOT uncommon for trades to be made but not made official if the other team is working on an extension.

But I already think its a done deal, and I think if Brown or Rhodes sign within the next day or so something will be announced before Friday. And my guess is the Bills will get a third rounder for him.

This is NOT fact, its speculation on my end, so don't go flaming. We will see if I am right..

dasaybz
03-07-2007, 09:49 AM
I just hope Marv doesn't go and sign Rhodes or Brown to a ridiculous 5 year $25 million contract with $12 million in bonuses.

THATHURMANATOR
03-07-2007, 09:58 AM

I think the Bills have already agreed to a trade for McGahee, to Balitmore. I think what's not completed is that Baltimore right now is trying to sign him to an extension. I also think it's why Jamal Lewis has begun scheduling visits with other teams, it's why I think Rhodes and Brown have been in Buffalo this week as well.

While I cant "prove" this at this time, I do know for a fact that its NOT uncommon for trades to be made but not made official if the other team is working on an extension.

But I already think its a done deal, and I think if Brown or Rhodes sign within the next day or so something will be announced before Friday. And my guess is the Bills will get a third rounder for him.

This is NOT fact, its speculation on my end, so don't go flaming. We will see if I am right..
It could easily be possible.

Statman
03-07-2007, 10:02 AM
I just hope Marv doesn't go and sign Rhodes or Brown to a ridiculous 5 year $25 million contract with $12 million in bonuses.
Good luck!

If the Dockery signing is any indication, expect either to get what Green got from Houston.

gr8slayer
03-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Good luck!

If the Dockery signing is any indication, expect either to get what Green got from Houston.
Try if all the signings in FA thus far are any indication. What is it people don't get about THE CAP HAS GONE UP. PEOPLE PAY MORE MONEY FOR PLAYERS NOW.

THATHURMANATOR
03-07-2007, 10:04 AM
Good luck!

You could be right but Green is a more established RB, although older.

gr8slayer
03-07-2007, 10:05 AM
And just as injury prone, and fumble prone.

Don't Panic
03-07-2007, 10:06 AM
They don't deserve Green money, though. Green has gotten it done on a consistent basis. Rhodes is a career back-up (even last year) and Brown is eternally injured. If we give more than a three year deal to Brown or a two year deal to Rhodes then I will be very concerned.

Statman
03-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Agreed.

Your point?

gr8slayer
03-07-2007, 10:08 AM
They don't deserve Green money, though. Green has gotten it done on a consistent basis. Rhodes is a career back-up (even last year) and Brown is eternally injured. If we give more than a three year deal to Brown or a two year deal to Rhodes then I will be very concerned.
Trust me, the sky is not falling. There are still many months till kick off.

Mr. Miyagi
03-07-2007, 10:08 AM

I would like to think that you're completely accurate on this. It would be great: a 3rd for Willis, we sign Rhodes and Brown together. I'll be very happy.

Statman
03-07-2007, 10:11 AM
Well, Dockery didn't deserve Hutchinson or Steinbach money either. In fact he got more in guarantees than either.

Walker, pretty much a backup until last season, got more than Stinchcomb, Davis got only sllightly more, and Petitgout, all of whom are considered superior, more than marginally, to Walker.

RockStar36
03-07-2007, 10:11 AM
If Brown and Rhodes both want to start, both won't sign with Buffalo. Unless they realize it would be a two back system. What about A-Train though? I assumed he would come back and play for Jauron again.

Don't Panic
03-07-2007, 10:12 AM
Trust me, the sky is not falling. There are still many months till kick off.

Where does concern turn into the sky falling? We're flirting with being a good football team right now. Signing inflated deals will keep us from becoming an elite football team. We have to be very smart about how we spend our money. A five year deal for $20 million, for example, would not be a smart way to spend our money.

Don't Panic
03-07-2007, 10:14 AM
Well, Dockery didn't deserve Hutchinson or Steinbach money either. In fact he got more in guarantees than either.

Walker, pretty much a backup until last season, got more than Stinchcomb, Davis got only sllightly more, and Petitgout, all of whom are considered superior, more than marginally, to Walker.

I know...

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-07-2007, 10:23 AM
There is nothing more I dislike than somebody who says things like "you heard it here first." Give me a break, you make some assumption out of news stories you heard and you came up with this breaking news? If McGahee is traded to the Ravens you will blow your horn and say something like you told us so. But, if McGahee is traded to someone else. or not traded at all, you won't be on here saying how stupid you were in a large group.

gr8slayer
03-07-2007, 10:24 AM
Where does concern turn into the sky falling? We're flirting with being a good football team right now. Signing inflated deals will keep us from becoming an elite football team. We have to be very smart about how we spend our money. A five year deal for $20 million, for example, would not be a smart way to spend our money.
Based on what? The cap is through the roof. Get used to seeing guys signed for alot more than their worth.

Don't Panic
03-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Based on what? The cap is through the roof. Get used to seeing guys signed for alot more than their worth.

The teams who sign guys for "a lot more than they're worth" are going to be the ones watching the Super Bowl on TV every year. Just because the cap has gone up considerably doesn't mean you abandon fiscal responsibility.

Dr. Lecter
03-07-2007, 10:33 AM
Good luck!

This is a no-win situation for Marv and crew.

People ***** they are cheap and sign nobody. They ***** the Bills ignore the O-line.

So they shoot down both theories and the complaining continues.

I agree Dockery is getting more than he is worth. So is Walker. But one also has to realize that to sign FA's one the first day teams need to overspend. How else do you get these guys to make only one FA visit? Open the pocket book. Once they leave Orchard Prk they are on there way to other cities to see other teams.

And then they sign elsewhere.

The "overspending" is an inherent part of FA, especially with the cap increasing by 27% in the last TWO seasons. There is no way around it.

gr8slayer
The teams who sign guys for "a lot more than they're worth" are going to be the ones watching the Super Bowl on TV every year. Just because the cap has gone up considerably doesn't mean you abandon fiscal responsibility.
It may not be right but it's a fact.

Dr. Lecter
BTW, Pat I think that is a very possible scenario, with Green Bay being a possibility as well.

gr8slayer
03-07-2007, 10:34 AM
Porter just got $20 million in guarantees. Is he worth it?

Don't Panic
03-07-2007, 10:35 AM
It may not be right but it's a fact.

That they're going to be watching the Super Bowl on TV? I agree... just ask the Redskins and Cowboys!

gr8slayer
03-07-2007, 10:38 AM
That they're going to be watching the Super Bowl on TV? I agree... just ask the Redskins and Cowboys!
So the Patriots will be watching from the couch too because they overpaid for Welker and Thomas?

Mr. Miyagi
03-07-2007, 10:50 AM
There is nothing more I dislike than somebody who says things like "you heard it here first." Give me a break, you make some assumption out of news stories you heard and you came up with this breaking news? If McGahee is traded to the Ravens you will blow your horn and say something like you told us so. But, if McGahee is traded to someone else. or not traded at all, you won't be on here saying how stupid you were in a large group.
McGahee will be traded at least once in his NFL career. You heard it here first.

Comes September people will be playing football, on football fields and stuff. You heard it here first.

I'm having spaghetti and meatballs for lunch. Today. At noon. You heard it here first.

Mr. Miyagi
03-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Tom Brady goes both ways. You heard it here first.

eyedog
03-07-2007, 11:00 AM
I don't want either Rhodes or Brown, especially at a big contract. If Willis is gone, as it looks, then draft your running back. They could go Lynch in the 1st or Bush in the 2nd, or even wait and get someone later to team with A. Thomas.

Michael82
03-07-2007, 11:17 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if you are right, pat. Something is definitely up at One Bills Drive. The question is...why? Is Marv panicking because he is seeing all the other RBs snatched up by teams that need one? Or is he trying to free up money? :scratch:

acehole
03-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Way to go out on a limb!...

Just messing man.

I agree 100% not only that they have his replacement in thier sights as well.
I think they are just seeing if they can get anymore then they have been offered.

DraftBoy
03-07-2007, 12:01 PM
I'm having spaghetti and meatballs for lunch. Today. At noon. You heard it here first.

Im calling bs on this, I bet you ate it closer to 12:05

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-07-2007, 12:57 PM
McGahee will be traded at least once in his NFL career. You heard it here first.

Comes September people will be playing football, on football fields and stuff. You heard it here first.

It is BS, I heard you were having spaghetti and meatballs from someone else on a rumor site.

Don't Panic
03-07-2007, 03:03 PM
So the Patriots will be watching from the couch too because they overpaid for Welker and Thomas?

And I take it they won it all those 3 times with the same type of overpriced free agents, right? Not many home grown draft picks on those Super Bowl rosters, were there?

patmoran2006
03-07-2007, 05:52 PM

Once brown and rhodes were scheduled for the visits it became fairly obvious.. I expect tonight or tommorow Willis will have an extension signed, as I'm SURE that's why this trade wasn't announced earlier; they weren't given up no second with a contract extension unless they are nutso. I'll bet money this trade was done monday morning.

If it is a second, that's a real good job from Marv.. and it shows he's learning a lot as a GM after getting his ass handed to him last year in the Moulds deal, and the agreement about not franchising Nate.

Good job, marv.

Philagape
03-07-2007, 05:57 PM
We drafted Kyle Williams with the pick we got for Moulds, who's now unemployed. That's a good deal.

gr8slayer
03-07-2007, 06:01 PM
And I take it they won it all those 3 times with the same type of overpriced free agents, right? Not many home grown draft picks on those Super Bowl rosters, were there?
Well you said that Cowboys and Pats will be sitting on their couches this year because they overspend, so I asked if the same can be said about the Patriots and you haven't answered the question.

ShadowHawk7
03-07-2007, 08:47 PM
I would not mind signing Brown to a incentive based 4 year, 18 million contract w/ a 4 million signing bonus. He has the talent, if he can stay healthy, to be excellent in this league.