PDA

View Full Version : Corey Dillon to visit tomorrow

Carlton Bailey
03-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Per Sirius. No link.

Forward_Lateral
03-07-2007, 11:21 AM
Interesting. Dillon is a hard nosed guy. Chris Brown/Corey Dillon would be a nice combo.

The Spaz
Hmm if we take him we definitely have to sign another back or draft one because Dillon is old and has a lot of wear.

patmoran2006
ewwwwwwwwww..

I'd rather bring back Tim Tindale or Ronnie Harmon.

casdhf
Well, we've seen Dillon run all over us for 3 years, maybe he'd like to pay us back a little

Carlton Bailey
03-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Dillon 199 carries, 812 yards, 4.1 per carry last year. If "Clock Killin'" is splitting time, he's still a baller. I'd be more than comfortable with Brown and Dillon.

camelcowboy
03-07-2007, 11:22 AM
Brown or Rhodes/Dillion and a rookie would be a smart move by the bills. Im sure dillion would love to play the pats twice a year. Im for it :up:

BAM
03-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Dillon > McGahee > Rhodes > Lewis > Brown

Carlton Bailey
Oh, by the way, Corey has 37 TDs in the last three years. He's got a nose for the goal line, unlike McGahee.

kgun12
Hmm if we take him we definitely have to sign another back or draft one because Dillon is old and has a lot of wear.

Your right, but 2 things I like about this. He is a good 3rd down back and and i think he would enjoy playing the Pats twice a year!

patmoran2006
03-07-2007, 11:25 AM
I'd only be down for this move IF he was strictly a role player.. Like a backup and/or short yardage guy.

This tells me Rhodes definitely aint gonna be a Bill.

bigbub2352
03-07-2007, 11:26 AM
i am not a fan of paying a guy his age the kinda of money he will want, but he is still a horse, man i would have liked him 5 years ago, but i think they are just weighing all options until the deal for McGahee is complete

THATHURMANATOR
03-07-2007, 11:28 AM
I can't see us bringing in 2 veteran backs. I think they will bring in 1 and draft the eventual replacement(who can easily play quite a bit). Why 2 veterans?

THATHURMANATOR
03-07-2007, 11:29 AM
My preference btw is Brown. He has a lot of talent and shouldn't have a hard time splitting carries. Dillon made it clear he wanted out of NE because of Maroney.

jmb1099
03-07-2007, 11:30 AM
my gut says he's not looking for a ton of cash, just to go out for one more glorious run

mybills
03-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Dillon runs like Sam Adams. F that! Sign Rhodes.

RockStar36
03-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Yeesh. I don't know about this one. If anything, it would be funny to see him try and get back at the Pats.

Mr. Miyagi
03-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Your right, but 2 things I like about this.
There are 2 rings I like Dillon too. :up:

camelcowboy
03-07-2007, 11:33 AM
I can't see us bringing in 2 veteran backs. I think they will bring in 1 and draft the eventual replacement(who can easily play quite a bit). Why 2 veterans?

Since Dillion is 65 he's eligible to receive the senior citizens discount with Marv, Ralph, and Jauron. Dockery's contract means one bills drive have to cut some cost :up:

THATHURMANATOR
03-07-2007, 11:34 AM
ewwwwwwwwww..

I'd rather bring back Tim Tindale or Ronnie Harmon.
Dillon would be solid as a veteran starter splitting time with a rookie. That is if he is able to accept splitting time, which could be an issue!

mybills
03-07-2007, 11:35 AM
Since Dillion is 65 he's eligible to receive the senior citizens discount with Marv, Ralph, and Jauron. Dockery's contract means one bills drive have to cut some cost :up:
:rofl:

Mr. Miyagi
03-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Dillon would be solid as a veteran starter splitting time with a rookie. That is if he is able to accept splitting time, which could be an issue!
He did that with Maroney last year! Dillon and Michael Bush would be okay by me.

THATHURMANATOR
03-07-2007, 11:41 AM
He did that with Maroney last year! Dillon and Michael Bush would be okay by me.
Right but isn't the reason he asked to be released was because he didn't wan to lose more carries? I may be wrong of course.

NE39?

madness
03-07-2007, 11:42 AM
I'm not too crazy about Dillon unless we draft a stud but if I saw Peters/Dockery and Dillon running at me... I'm playing dead. :faint:

Michael82
03-07-2007, 11:42 AM
I'd only be down for this move IF he was strictly a role player.. Like a backup and/or short yardage guy.

This tells me Rhodes definitely aint gonna be a Bill.
Once he got the DWI, I knew he wasn't going to be a Bill. You should have known that too.

Michael82
03-07-2007, 11:43 AM
Good point. I wouldn't mind having Dillon here. But he has to know that he'll be splitting time with whatever RB we draft this year.

Earthquake Enyart
03-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Might be fun to watch Jamal Lewis run behind our new huge OL.

THATHURMANATOR
03-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Agreed EE.

Michael82
03-07-2007, 11:47 AM
That's true. But he also has character issues and probably wants a lot of money. I don't see him coming here.

Earthquake Enyart
03-07-2007, 11:48 AM
That's true. But he also has character issues and probably wants a lot of money. I don't see him coming here.
They want to keep him here in Baltimore. His "character" issues are well behind him. Plus he's not exactly gonna find a lot of money out there.

Carlton Bailey
03-07-2007, 11:51 AM

I read earlier that Lewis is likely to get a one-year deal, so I doubt he'd come at a high price.

camelcowboy
03-07-2007, 11:51 AM
I was sort of thinking TJ Duckett would be decent with our line, i never thought he had a fair shot with Atlanta, or Washington.

Michael82
03-07-2007, 12:00 PM
I read earlier that Lewis is likely to get a one-year deal, so I doubt he'd come at a high price.
well then....with our new running oline....I'd take him in a ****ing heartbeat!!! :drool:

Earthquake Enyart
03-07-2007, 12:02 PM
I'd take Dillon too. I'm not sold on Brown or Rhodes.

If we got Jamal or Dillon, we wouldn't necessarily have to draft a RB high.

Dude
03-07-2007, 12:04 PM
Dillon asked for his release because he wants to be a featured back.

Problem is, he doesn't have the skills to be a featured back anymore. He can score you a lot of TDs if you use him in goal-line situations, but he won't hold up over a season of getting a majority of the carries each game.

Plus, he's a pain in the ass.

gr8slayer
03-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Corey Dillon will make his first free agent visit Thursday, with the Buffalo Bills.
Buffalo has hosted Dominic Rhodes and Chris Brown this week as they prepare to deal Willis McGahee. The Ravens seem to be viewing Dillon as a fallback plan if they can't acquire McGahee.

Tatonka
03-07-2007, 12:24 PM
Interesting. Dillon is a hard nosed guy. Chris Brown/Corey Dillon would be a nice combo.

i was just thinking the same thing. i would love to see dillon here.. as we saw in the last game against new england, dillon has still got it.. he is a good good running back who has at least a few more years left in him.

i would love to see the same exact situation that new england had... dillon and a rookie or dillon and brown would be great.

gr8slayer
03-07-2007, 12:25 PM
i was just thinking the same thing. i would love to see dillon here.. as we saw in the last game against new england, dillon has still got it.. he is a good good running back who has at least a few more years left in him.

i would love to see the same exact situation that new england had... dillon and a rookie or dillon and brown would be great.
Lynch :drool:

mchurchfie
03-07-2007, 12:25 PM
So if we snag Dillon Baltimore won't have a fallback plan and they will have to ante up for Willis. I like Dillon, I think he still could be somewhat of a featured back for at least one more season while we ease in a rookie.

Tatonka
03-07-2007, 12:30 PM
My preference btw is Brown. He has a lot of talent and shouldn't have a hard time splitting carries. Dillon made it clear he wanted out of NE because of Maroney.

do you have a link on that? not calling you a liar, but i never saw one thing where he complained about splitting time with maroney.. and i did read from maroney that dillon was a huge help to him.

for all intents and purposes, dillon was a model citizen while in new england, which is what he said he would be all along. he just wanted a chance to win, which cincy was not giving him at that time.

i cant image he would command a huge paycheck, considering he is 32 years old, but he was still productive as hell in new england, averaging 4.7 yards a carry for 1600 rushing yards his first year and 4.1 last year for 800 yards and 12 tds..

we should be so lucky to have a rb to produce like that.. and he may see our new OL as somewhat of an attraction, i would hope.

Tatonka
03-07-2007, 12:31 PM
Dillon runs like Sam Adams. F that! Sign Rhodes.
well i would love to have sam adams back too, but that is another thread.

Tatonka
03-07-2007, 12:33 PM
Right but isn't the reason he asked to be released was because he didn't wan to lose more carries? I may be wrong of course.

NE39?

i was clearly under the impression that Dillon was let go for money reasons. they had a good chunk of cash tied up in him as wel as a 1st round RB (maroney) who played very very well.. i think he just became expendable.

Philagape
03-07-2007, 12:36 PM
My preference list

1. Dillon
2. Rhodes
3. Keep McGahee
4. Rookie (but only 2nd round or later)
5. Brown

Tatonka
03-07-2007, 12:37 PM

the thing is though.. if you watched dillon run last year, you can not tell me that he looked old..

jamal lewis on the other hand.. he has looked like an absolute 100% piece of **** since his 2000 yard season.. lewis may be a few years younger, but if you based it on his play, he looks 10 years old.

just say no to lewis.

Tatonka
03-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Dillon asked for his release because he wants to be a featured back.

Problem is, he doesn't have the skills to be a featured back anymore. He can score you a lot of TDs if you use him in goal-line situations, but he won't hold up over a season of getting a majority of the carries each game.

Plus, he's a pain in the ass.

link?

about the release and the pain in the ass statements.

Dude
03-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Corey Dillon (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=3914)'s request to be released by the New England Patriots (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nwe) has been granted, the team said Friday.
hough he has hinted at retirement, Dillon said he would consider playing elsewhere as the featured back -- a role he lost in New England after the emergence of Laurence Maroney (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=7770).http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2784304

I can't link you to my "pain in the ass" statements because there aren't any. I live in Cincinnati. I watched him ***** his way through his tenure here. He's a pain in the ass.

RockStar36
03-07-2007, 12:40 PM
the thing is though.. if you watched dillon run last year, you can not tell me that he looked old..

jamal lewis on the other hand.. he has looked like an absolute 100% piece of **** since his 2000 yard season.. lewis may be a few years younger, but if you based it on his play, he looks 10 years old.

just say no to lewis.

Didn't look old? I saw him break a run and I'm pretty sure I could have run faster. That tells me he is getting old.

Haven't the Bills learned about signing ex-Patriots?

Tatonka
03-07-2007, 12:41 PM
thanks.. that is the first time i have seen anything about it.

i still dont know that he was cut because of that though.. i could have sworn he was a cap casualty.. and maybe he is just at a point where to him, it is not worth coming back to be back up.. and if that is the case.. fine.. he is the starter, whith the rookie behind him.

he has to realize his own limitations in that he cant carry the ball 400 times a season at his age, you would think right?

The Answer
Per Sirius. No link.

Dillon is not THE ANSWER either - washed up and has nothing to prove at this stage of his career.

~The Answer

Tatonka
Didn't look old? I saw him break a run and I'm pretty sure I could have run faster. That tells me he is getting old.

Haven't the Bills learned about signing ex-Patriots?

maybe he slowed down because he was in the endzone against us.:oops:

Tatonka
03-07-2007, 12:42 PM
Dillon is not THE ANSWER either - washed up and has nothing to prove at this stage of his career.

~The Answer

thanks ice.

Dude
03-07-2007, 12:44 PM
thanks.. that is the first time i have seen anything about it.

i still dont know that he was cut because of that though.. i could have sworn he was a cap casualty.. and maybe he is just at a point where to him, it is not worth coming back to be back up.. and if that is the case.. fine.. he is the starter, whith the rookie behind him.

he has to realize his own limitations in that he cant carry the ball 400 times a season at his age, you would think right?Corey Dillon does not realize his limitations. Never has, never will.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070223/SPT/70223006/-1/all

His production dropped off the next two years. He had 733 yards on 209 carries 2005 while battling a high ankle sprain. Dillon had 812 yards on 199 carries last season when he split duties with rookie Laurence Maroney.

Feldman said that while Dillon is healthy, he knows Maroney is the future. ''It's that if Corey were to stay, his carries would be limited, and Corey feels he has more to give.''

Tatonka
03-07-2007, 12:49 PM
fair enough..

well, if he signs here, i am sure marv would let him know..

i would still take him in a heartbeat. it shouldnt be surprising that he had a average year in 05.. a high ankle sprain is as bad as a knee injury for a running back.. but funny thing is he still averaged as much as mcgahee in his worst year per carry..

his 4.1 last year was all i need to see.. and his TDs.. he would make our team better..

my 2 cents.

gr8slayer
03-07-2007, 12:50 PM
thanks ice.
Ouch.

Ickybaluky
03-07-2007, 12:55 PM
i was clearly under the impression that Dillon was let go for money reasons. they had a good chunk of cash tied up in him as wel as a 1st round RB (maroney) who played very very well.. i think he just became expendable.

Dillon met with the Patriots and they made it clear to him his role would change. He was going to see 5-10 carries a game, mostly in short-yardage and goalline situations. He asked for his release because he realized they might approach him about a paycut (he was scheduled to make $2.5M in salary) and he wanted a bigger role. He was a model citizen in NE, and did a great job mentoring Maroney.

Dillon has definitely lost a step, but he is still a very good runner. He knows how to set up blocks and find seams to run through. He isn't real quick hitting the hole anymore, but he is still a very powerful and punishing runner. He is the type of guy that defenders don't relish tackling, because it hurts. He is excellent in short yardage and goalline, because he runs hard and knows how to run. Even if his YPC takes a dip, he can still be helpful because he wears down a defense.

The downside is he probably isn't a 20+ carry guy anymore. He needs to take blows during the game, and frequently will ask out if he is in there for a while. He can still be a 15-carry guy and be effective, if used in the right situations. He isn't going to out-run anyone anymore.

I'm not sure what he is looking for in terms of money, but he isn't coming back for the minimum. He is looking for one last bite of the apple. Granted, he will be cheaper than a lot of the top backs, but he isn't playing for the minimum. He will retire first.

Tatonka
03-07-2007, 12:58 PM
that is pretty much how i saw him NE39..

I personally think he knows that he is not a full time starter.. but he does want to be the starter..

do you think he would be ok with being used the way he was last year w/ him and maroney?

and as far as money.. i would pay him 2.5 mill a year in a heartbeat.. hell, we pay that for price and reed..

Ickybaluky
03-07-2007, 01:20 PM
do you think he would be ok with being used the way he was last year w/ him and maroney?

Yes, I think he would like about 15 carries a game.

and as far as money.. i would pay him 2.5 mill a year in a heartbeat.. hell, we pay that for price and reed..

I think he is probably looking for a 2-3 year deal with some sort of bonus. He isn't going to cost anywhere near what Thomas Jones or Ahman Green signed for, but he doesn't want the minimum, either. He may be amenable to having incentives built into the contract, like he did when first traded to NE, that would pay him like a top back if he performs like one.

ZacGriffi~82
03-07-2007, 02:19 PM
Once he got the DWI, I knew he wasn't going to be a Bill. You should have known that too.

With all due respect, that's bull.

That was Rhodes one error. Everything else points to him being a high character guy. In his interviews he's always sounded smart and Dungy has praised him. And why would we even have him for a visit?

casdhf
03-07-2007, 02:20 PM
So, NE ... would you want to face him twice a year?

JoeMama
03-07-2007, 02:42 PM
I like Willis McGahee better than every free agent RB on the market.

The only way I'd part ways with McGahee at this point is if there was some sort of assurance we could draft Marshawn Lynch.

Now that we've added two run-blockers to the o-line, our running game has a chance to be elite. I don't want to miss that opportunity because we settled for a marginal RB in free agency.

casdhf
03-07-2007, 02:43 PM
thanks ice. He seems more like a Juice to me ...

raphael120
03-07-2007, 02:51 PM
compare Dillon, Rhodes, McGahee, and Brown...i think I'd rather have mcgahee playing his ass off for a contract.

Dillon is getting old and not a good long term solution...

I would rather have Rhodes and a rookie, or Dillon and a rookie, but either way, we arent letting Dillon carry the load.

Ickybaluky
03-07-2007, 02:56 PM
So, NE ... would you want to face him twice a year?

I don't actually play for the team. I just watch the games on TV.

JoeMama
03-07-2007, 02:57 PM
compare Dillon, Rhodes, McGahee, and Brown...i think I'd rather have mcgahee playing his ass off for a contract.

I agree.

I don't see the point in bothering with retreads.

Either give McGahee one more shot behind a revamped o-line or target Marshawn Lynch in the draft.

But don't settle for a marginal RB in free agency as the answer.