PDA

View Full Version : Holes.. holes.. holes

patmoran2006
03-07-2007, 12:14 PM
While I give props for the effort to rebuild the OL, the fact remains there are still some major holes to fill. Assuming McGahee and Spikes have played their last game here, that leaves a minimum of five holes that still need to be filled. Even if you argue that Youboty and Ellison can take over, that still leaves a minimum of three.

Position Player Replacement
RB McGahee ???
FB Shelton ???
LB Fletcher ? ?
LB Spikes Ellison?
CB Clements Youboty?

That's a lot of holes to still be filled, I sure as hell hope the Bills dont plan on the draft being able to cover all of them.

That's not to mention other things some might view as luxuries, such as a #2 WR,and a better run stopping DT

Im really hoping we can land 3 more Free Agents that can come right in and start. I think that would be a highly successful FA offseason. Its hard to count on a draft producing more than 1-2 starters.

patmoran2006
03-07-2007, 12:14 PM
BTW.. Not bashing the Bills.. I understand its only been less than a week into FA.. Im just pointing out some things.

Mitchy moo
03-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Little early to call them holes when we have time to fill them.

Michael82
FB? I have a feeling it's not a big part of this offense. I see us signing one later in free agency or drafting one in the late rounds.

Dr. Lecter
I think every team will have holes. I look at this year as a playoff/very near miss (i.e tiebreaker) year and next offseason as the completion of the rebuilding.

Some of those spots will be filled with stop-gap guys. And if Willis is traded, I really look for 3 starters out the draft.

FB can be filled relatively easily too.

gr8slayer
03-07-2007, 12:28 PM
Trust the Marv.

feelthepain
03-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Little early to call them holes when we have time to fill them.

Until it's filled with more then used chewing gum...it's a hole.

The Answer
03-07-2007, 12:47 PM
While I give props for the effort to rebuild the OL, the fact remains there are still some major holes to fill. Assuming McGahee and Spikes have played their last game here, that leaves a minimum of five holes that still need to be filled. Even if you argue that Youboty and Ellison can take over, that still leaves a minimum of three.

Position Player Replacement
RB McGahee ???
FB Shelton ???
LB Fletcher ? ?
LB Spikes Ellison?
CB Clements Youboty?

That's a lot of holes to still be filled, I sure as hell hope the Bills dont plan on the draft being able to cover all of them.

That's not to mention other things some might view as luxuries, such as a #2 WR,and a better run stopping DT

Im really hoping we can land 3 more Free Agents that can come right in and start. I think that would be a highly successful FA offseason. Its hard to count on a draft producing more than 1-2 starters.

Can't fill every hole in one offseason and funds are likely dried up at One Bills Drive after last weekend's spending spree - right now though it's imperative that the front office not lay their eggs in a basket and rely on youboty and ellison to replace Fletcher/Clements. Both are still too raw right now and it remains to be seen if they are anything more than camp fodder.

Best case scenario is that we grab a young stud that can start right away on defense with the #12 pick. Then we can comb the waiver wire this summer for some cheap veteran options.

The Answer still feels we should make a move for Ty Law if he becomes available - would be a quick fix replacing Clements in the short term.

~The Answer

Tatonka
03-07-2007, 12:52 PM
Until it's filled with more then used chewing gum...it's a whole.

a whole what?

:snicker:

feelthepain
03-07-2007, 12:57 PM
a whole what?

:snicker:

:oops:

Bert102176
03-07-2007, 03:07 PM
I think Ellison and Youboty will be fine but as for replacing fletcher, McGahee, and Shelton and they are key holes and with the FA's left out there I don't think they are that good cause the old fellas had to take their jerital and then a nap lets just hope we draft Willis at 12 then in the 2nd get Bush. in the 3rd the best FB available, don't get me wrong I like Marv but am not happy with RW Jr.