PDA

View Full Version : Marion Barber The Third

The Answer
03-07-2007, 01:24 PM
The Answer would love to pry away this TD machine away from Dallas - He has had some pretty impressive numbers his first two years in this league behind a worse oline than Buffalo, and in limited playing time.

Highly unlikely Dallas would give him up, but you have to wonder if we offered Mcgahee, Spikes and our 2nd rounder if they would bite? After all Jerry Jones does have a spotty record in terms of FA dealings as of late.

Thoughts?

~The Answer

Dr. Lecter
03-07-2007, 01:37 PM
I think Marv would be senile to make that offer.

RockStar36
03-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Is there a smilie to demonstrate how I slammed my head on my desk after reading that?

McGahee, Spikes, AND a 2nd rounder for Barber???

Are you ****ing crazy?

bigbub2352
03-07-2007, 01:46 PM
hmmmmm, i dont think that deal is likely just because of the salaries invovled, between Spikes and McGahee and then also a 2nd rounder, that is too much

The Answer
03-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Is there a smilie to demonstrate how I slammed my head on my desk after reading that?

McGahee, Spikes, AND a 2nd rounder for Barber???

Are you ****ing crazy?

Has the rockstar ever seen this kid play? The Answer hates the cowboys but unfortunately they are shown almost every week out here on the west coast where The Answer resides.

Trust The Answer on this - MB3 is the real deal and is going to be superstar in this league. He can run, block, catch, etc - what more can you ask for? Behind a good oline he will flourish and put up marshall faulk type of numbers.

Also what would we really giving up in The Answer's proposed trade? McGahee sucks and is a fast spreading cancer, Spikes career was over when he got hurt against the falcons in 2005, and 2nd rounder is better than giving up a 1st.

This could be a good move for both teams - especially given Jerry Jones lovefest with another overhypped and overrated RB (julius jones) who he is unwilling to part ways with.

~The Answer

gr8slayer
03-07-2007, 01:48 PM
I'd trade a third for Barber.

The Answer
03-07-2007, 01:50 PM
I'd trade a third for Barber.

The Answer believes he was originally a 3rd round pick in 2005 - and since MB3 has already shown his talent he's already increased his value and is going to cost much more than that.

~The Answer

Dr. Lecter
03-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Can The Answer answer the question as to why giving up so much for a part-time back is a good idea?

Since we can likely get a 3rd for Willis this is equal to giving up a 2nd, 3rd and a player.

Draft Lynch or Bush instead.

RockStar36
03-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Has the rockstar ever seen this kid play? The Answer hates the cowboys but unfortunately they are shown almost every week out here on the west coast where The Answer resides.

~The Answer

I had no idea that Tulsa was considered the west coast.

evol4276
03-07-2007, 02:03 PM
while i do agree with barber being a really good back i disagree with the offers. i have loved that kid the 2 years hes been in the league tho

The Answer
03-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Can The Answer answer the question as to why giving up so much for a part-time back is a good idea?

Since we can likely get a 3rd for Willis this is equal to giving up a 2nd, 3rd and a player.

Draft Lynch or Bush instead.

The Answer has scouted this kid since his days as a golden gopher - MB3 is a hard nosed runner, can throw a vicious block, and can take a 5 yard pass to the house for 80 yards. Also a an unselfish team player.

The Answer also addressed this 'giving up so much' business as well - we'd actually be robbing the cowboys with The Answer's proposed trade since Spikes is finished and Mcgahee is a bust.

At this point The Answer is interested in getting a young up and coming stud than gambling the #12 overall pick. The Answer has never been big on taking RB's in the first round anyway (see Mcgahee).

~The Answer

DraftBoy
03-07-2007, 02:06 PM
I like MB3, I dont like your trade, you dont trade established picks for a risk RB...now should we seriously look at this, Id move a conditional 08 pick and Spikes for Barber, but not McGahee too. Take our 3rd for Willis, and then move Spikes with a conditional 08 pick to get Barber.

RedEyE
03-07-2007, 02:07 PM
It's hard to read anything you write without absolutely thinking that your a tool.

- Patti

casdhf
03-07-2007, 02:07 PM
He can catch, block and score TDs ... but he can't run. He's a role player only.

The Answer
03-07-2007, 02:10 PM
He can catch, block and score TDs ... but he can't run. He's a role player only.

MB3's 4.4 career average behind a hideous oline tells The Answer otherwise.

Also 14 TD's last year tell The Answer that MB3 is much more than a 'role player'.

~The Answer

casdhf
03-07-2007, 02:13 PM
He can't RUN in the open field. He's what Bettis was 2 season's AGO in Pit. He'd be WORTH considering, but not giving up the farm, as THE ANSWER suggests.

evol4276
03-07-2007, 02:31 PM
I like MB3, I dont like your trade, you dont trade established picks for a risk RB...now should we seriously look at this, Id move a conditional 08 pick and Spikes for Barber, but not McGahee too. Take our 3rd for Willis, and then move Spikes with a conditional 08 pick to get Barber. i like this.. then this wuld kill some birds.. then we'd have ourselves a decent young kid with possibly and older gent to spell, and I think we'd be set. Ive seen nearly every one of Dallas' games this past year (dammit FOX) and Ive been nothing but impressed with him. I've been convinced he's better than Julius numerous times in the year so like I said I wouldn't have a problem at all grabbing him.

BTW what the hell is this talking in third-person crap? This isn't Seinfeld..