• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Forgive me for being skeptical on Brown

Look.. I admire the fact that Levy has had enough of Mcgahee. I understand he wants a certain kind of character in the locker room and McGahee is the opposite of that.. I understand he has a ****ty attitude and he doesnt want to be here. I understand its pretty much trade him now or lose him next year for nothing. For those reasons, I cant really complain once Mcgahee gets traded to Baltimore (and he WILL get traded to Baltimore, I told you it was a done deal it just hasnt been announced yet).

But forgive me for not being happy that we're going to sign Brown. This guy is a huge risk to me, Im hoping he doesnt get a contract even remotely in the ballpark of what Travis Henry got or I will be real pissed we didnt get after Henry..

Besides the injury problem; I dont think it bodes that over the past two years since Brown was the Titan's #1 guy that they:
    A) Traded for Henry
    B) Used an early draft pick on Lendale White.

I respect the fact that Marv is trying to do something at the RB position just in case the draft doesn't work out the way he hopes. But I'm not going to giddy over Brown.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Forgive me for being skeptical on Brown

How many threads are going to be made up about Chris Brown.

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

I think most everyone bar a few here are skeptical.

I dont know that its a given brown is going to be a starter either. Id like to believe Levy/Jauron have more sense then that.
      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by gr8slayer
        How many threads are going to be made up about Chris Brown.
        No kidding, every day with this stuff.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

In one Marvin Levy I trust.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Until I see a meaningful football game involving the Bills in January, I dont trust anybody.

As I said, i admire the front office for taking a stand, geting rid of certain players and throwing piles of money at others; but except for Dockery these are some really risky free agent signings and trades I've been seing.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              Look.. I admire the fact that Levy has had enough of Mcgahee. I understand he wants a certain kind of character in the locker room and McGahee is the opposite of that.. I understand he has a ****ty attitude and he doesnt want to be here. I understand its pretty much trade him now or lose him next year for nothing. For those reasons, I cant really complain once Mcgahee gets traded to Baltimore (and he WILL get traded to Baltimore, I told you it was a done deal it just hasnt been announced yet).

But forgive me for not being happy that we're going to sign Brown. This guy is a huge risk to me, Im hoping he doesnt get a contract even remotely in the ballpark of what Travis Henry got or I will be real pissed we didnt get after Henry..

Besides the injury problem; I dont think it bodes that over the past two years since Brown was the Titan's #1 guy that they:
              A) Traded for Henry
              B) Used an early draft pick on Lendale White.

I respect the fact that Marv is trying to do something at the RB position just in case the draft doesn't work out the way he hopes. But I'm not going to giddy over Brown.
              I am with you on this but I will be ok with this if an RB is procured in the draft.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

I agree. Brown is fine when not injured, but he can't stay healthy.

I still think they take a RB in the 1st or 2nd. At the latest the 3rd.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

I think the combination of signing Brown and letting McGahee go ASSURES a 1st or 2nd round RB. Marv Levy wants his Thurman Thomas.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

I would love to find a way to be able to move all the way up to get Peterson.. But there aint no way that's happening, we need all these draft picks to fill up holes.. and I totally wouldnt see Cleveland moving down 9 spots.

I dont even think a Spikes + #12 for the third would work..We'd have to give up a lot more than that.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

Cleveland wouldn't have interest in Spikes anyways....

They just signed Peek this year, McGinest last, drafted Wimbley last year who had 11 sacks as a rookie...Have Andra Davis and D'Qwell Jackson on the inside...Jackson drafted last year as well.

Maybe, Cleveland would go with McGahee and the 12th and a mid-round pick for the 3rd overall pick.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
                        • Aug 2005

You are on the money Pat. This is the first move I have questioned from Marv so far I really don't like Chris Brown as our running back. the more I think about it I want Lynch in the first and a LB in the second. I would love to have Willis in the middle, but I think Lynch and maybe Siler or Buster Davis (don't know where he is projected to go) in the second looks nice too.
                        SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X