PDA

View Full Version : Conway or Robinson: is either an option at WR?

SoCalBillsFan
03-08-2003, 06:32 PM
Should we take a look at Curtis Conway as a numer 2 or 3 receiver? I don't know how his speed is, but he is veteran receiver that still has talent and has put up decent numbers. Not sure if he would be willing to be a number 3.

Another option would be marcus Robinson, the bears WR. He had a 1400 yard season, buthas had injuries and his numbers have dropped off. This will, however, make him cheaper. If he is willing to be a 2 ot 3 he might bring a lot.

I wouldnt want to spend too much on either of these guys.

The reason I bring this up is I liked having 3 solid receivers last year, and I would love to get a capapble receiver as the number 3 guy, not just charlie rodgers or some unprovedn scrub. What do you guys think?

Ebenezer
03-08-2003, 06:36 PM
There are a few guys out there...Frank Sanders is available. I like Dyson but others seem to think he would want to be a number 2 guy.

SoCalBillsFan
03-08-2003, 06:38 PM
I would like dyson above all these guys too. I don't have a problem with someone coming in and competing for the number 2 job. I don't think it should just be handed to Reed. If Dyson is willing to sign and knows he'll be able to compete, but might wind up as the number 3, I'm ok with that. I think he is the best of what is left out there.

Demon
03-08-2003, 07:13 PM
I said this in another thread i forgot where though lol but what about Antonio Freeman as our #2? He cant be asking for too much and with a good QB he can definetly shine, plus i dont really want to get a guy like Conway because i think hes going to cost alot plus i want Josh Reed in the mix alot more, i think hes ready i just want a WR to be there in case Reed stuggles or gets hurt.

I have no idea how much money Freeman is asking for though but with the kind of year he had as Philly #3 i doubt hes asking for alot, but hes finally healthy and could be an impact.

Alluro
03-08-2003, 08:46 PM
Marcus Robinson would be a superb addition to the roster. When healthy is a top 10, arguably top 5 receiver in the entire NFL. Chicago might really be willing to deal him for cheap now, i say send them a 5th rounder for M-Rob and watch Moulds and Marcus form the best 1-2 combo in the league.

Alluro
03-08-2003, 08:46 PM
btw, Curtis Conway would also be a great pickup.

kgun12
03-08-2003, 09:45 PM
Moulds on one side, Conway or Robinson or Name here on the other side and Josh Reed in the slot. I remember another Reed who will go to the Hall of Fame playing the slot for the Bills. I say bring in the best WR we can afford and be done with it! Reed will get his share of catches don't worry.

kgun12
03-08-2003, 09:51 PM
BTW My #1 priority right now assuming the Spikes deal is done and S. Adams or another capable DT is sign, would be a Kicker. Lets tie this loose end up!

Alluro
03-08-2003, 09:51 PM
"Kook-a-choo Marcus Robinson "

He's worth signing just to hear Boomer sing it on primetime. Lets go Donahoe, WE WANT MARCUS !!

BuffaloRanger
03-09-2003, 03:58 AM
I agree with signing Marcus Robinson. The Bears may release him after June 1st. Maybe it's worth it trading them a late rounder before that, to reduce competition for him.

clumping platelets
03-09-2003, 04:01 AM
:patriot: BuffaloRanger

No longer at Ft. Polk?

clumping platelets
03-09-2003, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
I agree with signing Marcus Robinson. The Bears may release him after June 1st. Maybe it's worth it trading them a late rounder before that, to reduce competition for him.

Only if he agreed to restructure his $2+ million salary for 2003

WG
03-09-2003, 07:27 AM
Would Robinson and Conway settle for #3?

Reed will w/o question be our #2.

Dyson is always hurt! He's been hurt more than not over the last 3 years. He's missed most of the '02 and '00 seasons due to injury.

As you can see though there are LOTS of options at WR so we don't need to panic by any stretch.

Earthquake Enyart
03-09-2003, 01:30 PM
Robinson will be a cap casulty June 1. He had a bad knee injury and has really lost some speed. Don't know if he can be that effective any more.

Conway hates the cold. No way he comes to Buffalo.