X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

For all of you who say LB, RB, or CB with our first pick

does anyone find it ironic that all we have heard about is how this defense does not need a top flight superstar at CB, as they are not required to lock up man to man as often. so why would we take a CB with our first?

anyone happen to notice the kind of player we got in ellison, in the 6th round? why would you spend a 1st on a LB when cover 2 LBs can be the lighter fast guys that fall some in the draft?

and then we invest a 100 million buck in our offensive line in the last two years.. ANY running back should be able to get through the holes this line SHOULD make. Mikey should be able to suit up and play and still get 3.5-4 yards a carry.

after thinking about it..

i think we are going DT(okoye or branch) or WR (ginn or bowe) or free saftey (landry).

DT and Saftey are the two most important positions on this defense from a availability to skill ratio.

WR is really the only thing to address on offense, since they seem happy with royal, that requires high skill.

maybe i am way off, but the tatonka doesnt think so.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: For all of you who say LB, RB, or CB with our first pick

Originally posted by Tatonka
    does anyone find it ironic that all we have heard about is how this defense does not need a top flight superstar at CB, as they are not required to lock up man to man as often. so why would we take a CB with our first?

anyone happen to notice the kind of player we got in ellison, in the 6th round? why would you spend a 1st on a LB when cover 2 LBs can be the lighter fast guys that fall some in the draft?

and then we invest a 100 million buck in our offensive line in the last two years.. ANY running back should be able to get through the holes this line SHOULD make. Mikey should be able to suit up and play and still get 3.5-4 yards a carry.

i think we are going DT(okoye or branch) or WR (ginn or bowe) or free saftey (landry).

DT and Saftey are the two most important positions on this defense from a availability to skill ratio.

WR is really the only thing to address on offense, since they seem happy with royal, that requires high skill.

Safety? even after we have whitner and ko?

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
      • Jul 2005

I think there's an extremely good chance we take Okoye if he's there at 12. I hear what you're saying on the importance of Safety over CB in this defense, but I don't think there's any way we draft a safety high in this draft. I think they like Ko and Donte, and we won't spend a high pick on a backup
      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

I think your looking at the LB posistion too simply, bc the OLB's need to be quick and fast, but the MLB must also be able to shed blockers with consistency. So we still have a good need for a new MLB, but there is plenty of help at that posistion; Willis, Siler, DeRossio, etc...

At WR why would we take Ginn? He is the most bust likely player in this draft imo. He has little exp at WR, his route running is plain ugly, and his hands are still in question. He also does not go over the middle. Dwayne Bowe or Dwayne Jarrett are the guys Id take and neither would be at 12. As for DT, I agree with you there. Also dont sell the selection of Brown at RT short, Levy may have not seen what he wanted to from Butler and Pennington and thinks that with Levi falling he is the BPA. Also I dont see FS as a need whatsoever.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

I still say corner. The amount of excellent corners in this draft are plenty. The Bills might not need a man-to-man corner that can jam a WR up and down the field, but that doesn't mean that they aren't going to sign a stellar cover 2 guy to fit their scheme.

Let's face it, the Bills are headed into next season with McGee, Youboty, Greer and Thomas. McGee was hardly an image of his former self last year and Youboty didn't even put in a full season.

They need another corner to fill out the depth chart and pulling one in the 1st round of the draft would surely bounce that individual to the top of the chart. The rest of the guys are purely depth and will play for the second and third corner positions.

I still say corner round 1.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
            • Jun 2005

ID be happy with Okoye and Bush in rd 2

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
              I still say corner. The amount of excellent corners in this draft plenty. The Bills might no need a man-to-man corner that can jam a WR up and down the field, but that doesn't mean that they aren't going to sign a stellar cover 2 guy to fit the scheme.

Let's face it, the Bills are headed into next season with McGee, Youboty, Greer and Thomas. McGee was hardly an image of his former self last year and Youboty didn't even put in a full season last year.

They need another corner to fill out the depth chart and pulling one in the 1st round of the draft would surely bounce that individual to the top of the chart. The rest of the guys are purely depth and will play for the second and third corner positions.

I still say corner round 1.

None of the corners in the draft imo are ready to be starters and none of the high grades ones are really all that consistent. This CB class scares me to be honest.
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• RedEyE
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                None of the corners in the draft imo are ready to be starters and none of the high grades ones are really all that consistent. This CB class scares me to be honest.
                You're the draft guru, but I disagree. There are at least 5-6 that are 1st round material (IMO) and more than half have the potential to start day one.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

ellison isn't bad, but we need a playmaker at LB who can step it up right away. With Witner and Simpson last year and both Greer and Wire re-signing, I highly doubt we go S.

The DL needs serious help so I would like to see a DT as the pick. I wouldn't be opposed to a receiver, but I just think DT and LB are bigger needs at the moment.

I agree that the FO seems to be happy with Royal- I'm just not sure WHY. The guy drops passes, commits penalties and has no clutch ability.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• X-Era
                    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                    • Feb 2005

The answer just asked himself a question. Hes now caught in a neverending loop. Ever wonder how many of him there is in there?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
                      You're the draft guru, but I disagree. There are at least 5-6 that are 1st round material (IMO) and more than half have the potential to start day one.

I dont see it to be honest, and Im not guru, I simply have an opinion and you guys are nice enough to let me express it and take it with some semblance of credibility. Thank you for that.

Revis-He had an up and down senior season and he has holes in his game, his speed and footwork are issues that must be corrected in his transition

Hall-Smoked by Jarrett, Ginn, and Gonzalez, if you saw those games you saw his problems

McCauley-Great pure Cover 2 Zone guy, but I dont know that we dont ever go to a man up with the Cover 2 blanket over top.

Houston-Young, inexperienced, but tons of talent. Needs time.

Ross-Recovery is a big issue for him, and his inability to recognize double moves is quite concerning.

Thats the only 1st Round CB's I have
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                        Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                        • Mar 2003

Oh wow. How would this oline look?
                        Peters-Dock-Fowler-Walker-Joe Brown (12th pick)

Our line would be the ****. I never had thought of that before. With a likely extra 2nd, we could still cover up on LB, DT, and RB in the first day of the draft.
                        My goodness, we would be set.
                        "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                        -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• goodkarma
                          • Aug 2003

No way we take a safety at #12 and the only WR worth taking is Calvin, and he won't be around past the top 5.

I say LB, CB or DT, in that order.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

I think Bowe is the 2nd best WR in the draft after Johnson..

If Okoye is there, we ARE taking him.
                            I wouldnt be upset with Lynch, nor Willis, though if we're taking a LB first I'd rather move down..

I absolutely agree with you 100% about NOT taking a CB in round one.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

my point about LB is that Crowell is our new MLB.. we are looking for an outside guy, imho.

now if they move spikes i could see a bigger need, but i just think they are not scared to look later in the draft to fill the LB need.

same with CB.. i am SURE we will take a CB.. but i just dont think an early CB is needed, and they do feel they got a 1st round guy in the 3rd round last year.. i done see them taking one early.

you guys can say all you want that we dont need a saftey, but Ko showed plenty of reasons why he was a 4th round draft pick last season. i am not saying he is awful, but i also dont think they wouldnt take a guy like landry just because they have a 4th round pick at saftey.. and your kidding yourself if you think they are not looking to get better at every position. landry is a superstar waiting to happen. if he is there at 12, he is the best available player left at that point.. better than okoye (that is not an insult to okoye).. the only guy i see being more of a sure shot than landry is calvin..

and i said wr.. and mentioned ginn.. i dont mean him specifically.. i am not a big fan of his either.. i am just talking about in general, one of the top wrs and he is considered one of them. i love calvin, and would not be mad at a trade up for him.. i also like bowe alot..

and in my opinion, while i would like to have lynch, i dont see him as being a marv guy.. like jj said.. the guy was on the radio, and he makes edgerine james seem like a speech therapist.. he did remind me of a miami player.. he is pretty sure he is a superstar already.. someone said it would feel like we are trading mcgahee to get another mcgahee.. now i am not ready to label lynch mcgahee in that i am sure he has the heart.. and the thing is, there are a lot of good running backs in this draft.. there is bush, there is irons, booker, ect..

even DT.. i cant say the BILLS feel they need one real bad after taking mccargo in the 1st and getting tripplett, but who knows.
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X