PDA

View Full Version : What ifs at ILB for Buffalo

jpdex12
03-07-2007, 10:43 PM
If we draft Willis then who plays ILB? Crowell or Willis? THe ILB is the QB of the defense so would Buffalo want Crow ni there with smoe experience or a rookie? Vilma handled it his rookie year.

If we have Crow at ILB on the depth chart then will we look for a OLB in the draft to replace Spikes? Do we trade down to ick up Poz or Timmons or Rufus Alexander? Will we draft two OLB's as another would be needed to compete with Ellison and create depth?

Crow at ILB, trade down and pick up Poz then draft Alexander in round two? I am all for trading down a few spots to do this even though I think Willis is a beast.

Talk0fNewYork
03-07-2007, 10:45 PM
I honestly am tired of thinking about it......Let Marv Decide!

The Spaz
03-07-2007, 10:49 PM
I am more that happy with Crowell at MLB, it's the OLB position I am more worried about.

jpdex12
03-07-2007, 11:15 PM
I honestly am tired of thinking about it......Let Marv Decide!

Why did ya view this post then?

jpdex12
03-07-2007, 11:28 PM
I am more that happy with Crowell at MLB, it's the OLB position I am more worried about.

That's what got me thinking. Why would we need Willis if we are looking for an OLB? Yes, Willis could play there, but there are other players that would fill in nicely that we wouldn't go after in round one.
Day one:
Lynch -1st-RB
Damion Hughes-2nd-CB (I'd opt for Timmons or Poz but they will not be here)
Rufus Alexander-2nd-OLB (from the McGahee trade)
Brandon Mebane-3rd-DT

or

Lynch-1st
Use both 2nds (given that we have two 2nds) to get back into the 1st
Meachem-1st-WR (second pick)
Jon Beason-3rd-OLB
Josh Wilson-4th-CB

jamesiscool
03-08-2007, 12:29 AM
That's what got me thinking. Why would we need Willis if we are looking for an OLB? Yes, Willis could play there, but there are other players that would fill in nicely that we wouldn't go after in round one.
Day one:
Lynch -1st-RB
Damion Hughes-2nd-CB (I'd opt for Timmons or Poz but they will not be here)
Rufus Alexander-2nd-OLB (from the McGahee trade)
Brandon Mebane-3rd-DT

or

Lynch-1st
Use both 2nds (given that we have two 2nds) to get back into the 1st
Meachem-1st-WR (second pick)
Jon Beason-3rd-OLB
Josh Wilson-4th-CB

the mcgahee trade didnt officially happen yet! AHHHHH people are already banking on this 2nd rounder as a tool for us to get better. IT'S NOT OFFICIAL! THEY ARE JUST TALKING, teams talk ALL the time. wait until the deal is done b4 you bank on having the pick.

other then that very well thought out lol. id be fine with crowell at MLB its his natural position.

James

gr8slayer
03-08-2007, 12:30 AM
the mcgahee trade didnt officially happen yet! AHHHHH people are already banking on this 2nd rounder as a tool for us to get better. IT'S NOT OFFICIAL! THEY ARE JUST TALKING, teams talk ALL the time. wait until the deal is done b4 you bank on having the pick.

other then that very well thought out lol. id be fine with crowell at MLB its his natural position.

James
Seriously. Untill I see an actual link I will not believe anymore McGahee rumors.

jamesiscool
03-08-2007, 12:34 AM
Seriously. Untill I see an actual link I will not believe anymore McGahee rumors.

thats EXACTLY what im trying to say! FINALLY SOMEONE WHO GETS IT!!! lol as of right now mcgahee is a bill. PERIOD.

James

Don't Panic
03-08-2007, 04:05 AM
I hear ya... God forbid anybody specualte around here.

jpdex12
03-08-2007, 07:54 AM
I hear ya... God forbid anybody specualte around here.

Yeah, we've brought in 20 FA RB's just to waste people's time???

I don't give a rat's ass if we don't trade McGahee, he may be a Bill next year but he will not play! So why not speculate?

Jaybird
03-08-2007, 08:02 AM
doesnt patrick willis play mlb???

DraftBoy
03-08-2007, 08:05 AM
1-Willis
2-Meachem
3-Pittman

or

1-Lynch
2-Siler
3-Smith

or

1-Carriker
2-Siler
3-Irons

there are some many possibilties, and these are some of my top choices.

Don't Panic
03-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Yeah, we've brought in 20 FA RB's just to waste people's time???

I don't give a rat's ass if we don't trade McGahee, he may be a Bill next year but he will not play! So why not speculate?

I was being sarcastic. I figured it was obvious.

lightningbolt444
03-08-2007, 10:07 AM
personally i think the linebacker talent in this years draft doesnt have that "elite" player(s) i think that there are some very strong lbs but theres not that far of a drop off in tallent from lets say Patrick Willis to Brandon Siler even H.B Blades is a solid lb. Running back if we were to go that route then i beleave there is a huge drop off in talent after Lynch. Id love to see okoye but if hes not there at 12 then id like to see them take lynch because i beleave there is just to many quality linebackers that will have just as much of an impact as a first round linebacker but you can get in the second and even third round

tampabay25690
03-08-2007, 10:27 AM
If we draft Willis then who plays ILB? Crowell or Willis? THe ILB is the QB of the defense so would Buffalo want Crow ni there with smoe experience or a rookie? Vilma handled it his rookie year.

If we have Crow at ILB on the depth chart then will we look for a OLB in the draft to replace Spikes? Do we trade down to ick up Poz or Timmons or Rufus Alexander? Will we draft two OLB's as another would be needed to compete with Ellison and create depth?

Crow at ILB, trade down and pick up Poz then draft Alexander in round two? I am all for trading down a few spots to do this even though I think Willis is a beast.

I think Willis is the pick the Bills need to pick, he will be ready to step in remember he played on a bad Ole Miss team and plays against the top talent in the SEC.....I watched him play this year and he is an animal he is all over the place....AND A STAND UP GUY.....That is the pick and he will be the starter for many years....

tampabay25690
03-08-2007, 10:29 AM
personally i think the linebacker talent in this years draft doesnt have that "elite" player(s) i think that there are some very strong lbs but theres not that far of a drop off in tallent from lets say Patrick Willis to Brandon Siler even H.B Blades is a solid lb. Running back if we were to go that route then i beleave there is a huge drop off in talent after Lynch. Id love to see okoye but if hes not there at 12 then id like to see them take lynch because i beleave there is just to many quality linebackers that will have just as much of an impact as a first round linebacker but you can get in the second and even third round

I agree with you there depending on all situations Lynch maybe the choice as well and pick a Siler or Blades in the 2nd both are starter type players.....Isee the Bills going after Defense and a RB early in the draft, possibly a WR down the road or a TE..