PDA

View Full Version : RB options/opinions?

jamesiscool
03-08-2007, 12:06 AM
since everyone here seems to know what the bills are going to do at RB why dont we all get this down into one thread. this kis just my opinion on some of the backs that have come to OBD and some of the other big name (if you can even call them that) rb's that are left on the market.

OPTIONS:

Corey Dillon-old, lost a step the past few years but still can run it up the middle with the best of them when is well rested. probably isn't going to be able to handle 20-25 carries a game but could do well in a 2 back RB by commitee.

Chris Brown-while is still young is injury prone. as everyone knows he runs to high yada yada yada. probably isn't a very good bet that he will make it through a season healthy. may never live up to the expectations after his 2nd season in the league.

Dominic Rhodes- Is a pass catching threat out of the backfield and does have some playmaking ability. isn't a legitimate starting RB in the NFL but AGAIN i believe he could do well in a 2 RB attack with a big bruising complimenting back. ex. dillon/bush etc.

Jamal Lewis- Has ALOT of miles on him and isn't necessarily a character guy. also has appeared to lose a step after he got out of jail and never returned to the same scary back that he was when he rushed for over 2000 yards. isn't going to get many yards outside of the tackles but with the size of our line who cares. if we can't run between the tackles then marv's 2nd season of free agency was a waste.

Domanick Williams- could be released since the texans signed ahman green. did well behind a HORRID line in houston. can catch the ball and basically do everything a RB should do. is small and who knows if he'll be completely healthy come training camp. but all in all his numbers look good considering he came from such a ****ty team. for awhile he was the lone bright spot in the texans organization.

KEEP WILLIS - and hope he runs his ass off in the last season of his contract. despite what his ******* of an agent says he cant sit out this season in a contract dispute. no one will want to pay a guy the money he's asking for after *****ing about a contract and sitting out a season after he rushed for under 1000 yards for the first time in his short career. right now the bills have the upper hand in this situation i believe.

trade willis- draft a rb in the first or in thye later rounds OR sign a stop-gap free agent and wait till next season and choose from a DEEP RB class in the '08 draft. but can we afford to take a RB on day one in the draft when we have so many glaring needs on the defensive side of the ball?

again let me just say that these are just some of my thoughts that i had to get out. opinions? ideas? did i miss something or do u think that im an idiot.

James

jamesiscool
03-08-2007, 12:18 AM
oh yea i forgot to say that no matter what happens IN MARV WE TRUST

BILLSROCK1212
03-08-2007, 12:21 AM
dominack williams is dominack davis for those who don't know by now

McBFLO
03-08-2007, 12:28 AM
I come put of the woodwork from time to time, but not very often. Go Bills!

jamesiscool
03-08-2007, 12:35 AM
I come put of the woodwork from time to time, but not very often. Go Bills!

im guessing wrong thread? lol but thats awesome man!

James

Ron Burgundy
03-08-2007, 12:39 AM
I think I wanna keep A-Train and draft Marshawn Lynch.

jamesiscool
03-08-2007, 12:43 AM
oh yea forgot about the a-train scenario.... o well. stay classy ron burgundy.

James

jamesiscool
03-08-2007, 01:02 AM
ok now jamal lewis is off the market......

Night Train
03-08-2007, 04:30 AM
Sign Dillon and another Vet backup. Wait 1 year until the RB rich 2008 draft.

Then concentrate on present needs such as DT,LB,CB, maybe another G... etc.

SpanishBill
03-08-2007, 05:15 AM
I'd truly like if we could get Michael Turner. I got to see a bunch of SD games this past season and I'm enamored w/ him (just like Belichick is w/ Randy Moss :dance: ).

I know the guy got most of his yards when the defenses had been already punished by LT, but 6.3 yds per carry is insane. Just thinking about what he could do running to the left with Peters and Dockery blocking for him (and hopefully a good FB) leaves me drooling.

And I know we probably should ship a 2nd or a 3rd round draft pick to get him, but I think it's worth it. The guy is a stud, maybe not that proven yet, but a stud anyways.

:couch:

YardRat
03-08-2007, 05:15 AM
Sign Rhodes or Dillon. Keep A-train. Draft a RB if one falls in our lap. If not, figure it out next year.