• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Schefter says McGahee could be gone tomorrow

According to Schefter....

That one one-year deal could have enormous effects on the entire NFL landscape. Now, Baltimore needs another running back to replace Jamal Lewis. Now, Buffalo running back Willis McGahee could wind up being traded to Baltimore as early as Thursday. Now, Buffalo will need another running back, and it is looking at Dominic Rhodes, Chris Brown and Corey Dillon. Now, with another back in Cleveland, the Browns could opt to shy away from Oklahoma's Adrian Peterson and instead turn to Notre Dame Brady Quinn. One signing in Cleveland altered the landscape for a bunch of players and teams.
  • clumping platelets

Re: Schefter says McGahee could be gone tomorrow

Comment

• Northern Stampede
      Canadian Son With A Heart Full Of Buffalo
      • Dec 2004

Absolute Madness.....

Comment

• deathadder
        • Mar 2003

Jamal Lewis only signed a 1 year deal. That leads me to believe they are still going to draft an RB and have them learn for 1 year. After Lewis's contract is up, he is gone.
        http://www.gizmogamer.com - Your #1 source for the latest gaming, gadgets, and technology news!

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

This off-season is very exciting. The Bills are shaking up this team and trying to do things right. I'm enjoying watching the player changes.

Two weeks ago, Marv made the cash to cap speech and the Zone drama queens all went into meltdown mode. " We won't make any moves ! We suck ! WAAAAHHHHHH ! ". How stupid they look now.

Hell...who am I kidding ? They always look stupid.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

I still maintain Quinn ends up in Cleveland.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Sportsuser101
              • Feb 2005

The most interesting part of this deal is that Baltimore only offered a 1 year contract to Lewis. Lewis said he didn't want to resign with Baltimore because he wanted a longer contract. He then signs a 1 year contract with Cleveland. Makes me think that Baltimore and Buffalo have a tenative deal in place pending Buffalo signing 1 of the RBs they like.
              Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                • Feb 2005

It is hard to understand why baltimore or any team would want a running back that shows no heart and limited ability, or why we would want to bring in another RB who has beeen discarded by another team.

other then unloading a dud, what are we gaiing?
                In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by keithtr
                  other then unloading a dud, what are we gaiing?
                  It's called addition by subtraction. We're gaining character and integrity to the team, which goes a long way in the making of a winning franchise.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

I still don't think we can prosper with an old Dillon, an oft-injured Brown, or a career-backup Rhodes at RB. If Willis goes, we should bite the bullet and draft a feature RB.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      I still don't think we can prosper with an old Dillon, an oft-injured Brown, or a career-backup Rhodes at RB. If Willis goes, we should bite the bullet and draft a feature RB.
                      I don't think Dillon is a full time guy but you get him for the red zone to run the ball in for 6.

2004 - 12 TD's
                      2005- 12
                      2006 - 13

I'm sensing a pattern.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
                        This off-season is very exciting. The Bills are shaking up this team and trying to do things right. I'm enjoying watching the player changes.

Two weeks ago, Marv made the cash to cap speech and the Zone drama queens all went into meltdown mode. " We won't make any moves ! We suck ! WAAAAHHHHHH ! ". How stupid they look now.

Hell...who am I kidding ? They always look stupid.
                        I remember the cash to cap woes. I think I said several times that none of us knows what it means, so whining about it is stupid until we see what happens. I didnt see us doing what we did either.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                          Any of those guys brought in will be stop gap guys only. I think we'll draft a feature RB either this year or next, when the draft is richer in RBs.

Comment

• DarbyTheDinosaur
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by keithtr
                            It is hard to understand why baltimore or any team would want a running back that shows no heart and limited ability...
                            McGahee could be a great fit in Baltimore...like him or not, (I don't lately) McGahee has exceptional skills and abilities...his biggest problem is his attitude...just another "Me-me-me" punk from "Tha U".

Well, Baltimore's got plenty of those guys...Ray Lewis and Ed Reed will know how to feed and stroke Willis' ego and make him perform. He could do quite well in Baltimore.

I hope the deal happens...I'm not ecstatic with the RB options out there on the market but I think it is time that the Bills cut the cancer out...
                            You people are depressing me...try this out so my doctor can take me off my meds!!!

op·ti·mism

1.a disposition or tendency to look on the more favorable side of events or conditions and to expect the most favorable outcome.

2.the belief that goodness pervades reality.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I agree. Willis has talent and he can do well with the rest of the punks. Marv is looking for a Thurman Thomas, a back with some integrity and work ethics and Willis is not it.

Comment

Working...
                              X