• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Talk0fNewYork
    ~ I Can't Feel My Face ~
    • Jan 2007

Ravens Fans Thoughts On Mcgahee

How is the guy not an elite talent? He is not an elite back (yet), but he is infact an elite talent. He has size (6' 228), and is a homerun threat. He is a very explosive runner, and has a great burst through the hole. He has great vision, and is a excellent cutback runner who cuts on a dime. Not to mention the guy is very tough to tackle. His only downfall is that he is not a very good receiver or pass blocker. But the guy can run, no doubt about that. If you put him behind a solid line, he would definitely put up monster numbers.
    My Ass!
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Re: Ravens Fans Thoughts On Mcgahee

They will see the truth.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

I agree with his skill analysis but his big flaw is lack of heart, Willis could be dominant if he gave two craps 3/4 of the time. He has amazing skill, but doesnt use it. Plus he did run behind some ****ty lines here.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
        I agree with his skill analysis but his big flaw is lack of heart, Willis could be dominant if he gave two craps 3/4 of the time. He has amazing skill, but doesnt use it. Plus he did run behind some ****ty lines here.
        A lo of Ravens fans are complaing about there own o-line as well and they just realeased a starter there as well.

Comment

• Talk0fNewYork
          ~ I Can't Feel My Face ~
          • Jan 2007

Burst through the hole? Maybe if it was his baby's mama!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Willis is good. Why must we bash him since we are getting rid of him?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

GREAT VISION? I nearly pissed myself reading that!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

He's good at hitting the hole alright, just not on the football field.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                  • Sep 2003

We all know that there is only one hole that Willis is quick to burst through!

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
                    We all know that there is only one hole that Willis is quick to burst through!
                    He has the burst to take it all the way...

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

The Ravens are reportedly expected to "put all their efforts into reaching a contract extension" with Willis McGahee on Thursday.
                      The McGahee-to-Ravens swap could happen as soon as a new contract, considered the No. 1 obstacle in trade talks, is finalized. Then Baltimore would likely send its third-round pick (pick No. 92) to Buffalo for McGahee.

Comment

• Statman
                        • Oct 2003

I'd be curious to see what all those lambasting Willis said about him when we drafted him.

As I recall there was hardly anyone that thought he would be as marginal as he is.

What happened? lol
                        Facts speak louder than opinions

Comment

• Bufftp
                          Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Willis's issue has been committment. this trade could be the event that opens his eyes. He could be all pro for years to come. The reality is he will never do it in Buffalo.
                          Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                          "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                          Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                          - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                          to be led by permanent ideals -
                          that is what keeps a man patient
                          when the world ignores him,
                          and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• DarbyTheDinosaur
                            • Dec 2004

I still think McGahee does have the talent and if the deal goes through, he will be quite successful in Baltimore. Ray Lewis and Ed Reed know how to motivate fellow Miami guys and they will all just pump up each others inflated egos.

If the deal goes through, look for Willis to put up big numbers and the media to second guess Marv and Co...but this is the right deal, McGahee and his self absorbed, me-first cockiness and lack of heart do not fit on the Buffalo team and do not work for the fans.

Get something for Willis...rather than holdouts, pouting, unmotivated performance and departure in free agency next year.
                            You people are depressing me...try this out so my doctor can take me off my meds!!!

op·ti·mism

1.a disposition or tendency to look on the more favorable side of events or conditions and to expect the most favorable outcome.

2.the belief that goodness pervades reality.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                              • May 2003

Willis is a very good back. My only complaints about him is he dances to much behind the line, he doesn't have good vision, and he doesn't have that homerun threat he did in college. I think he be a good pickup for someone like the Ravens, but if he went to Tennessee he would be even better.

Comment

Working...
                              X