X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

What's the plan after McGahee??

It is painfully obvious our current starting running back will be someone else's problem next year, so that leaves us with the dilemma of what we do in his place...

Do u draft a RB in the first round, and sign a vet?

Do u sign a vet and draft a runnning back on the first day?

Do u sign two mediocore vets and not draft a running back?

Do u not sign any vets draft 2 rbs one on the first day and one on the second?

Do u sign a vet and not draft a RB and hope to find some camp casulties later during camp?

Or do u sign A-Train and keep Shaud, and draft or sign a UDFA this upcoming April?

I personally think we draft a RB on the first day, and sign 2 vets to compete in camp to be the change of pass back to who we draft..
    any thoughts?
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: What's the plan after McGahee??

Marshawn Lynch.

Comment

• RockStar36
      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
      • Sep 2004

Draft a RB in the 1st or 2nd and have him split time w/ Chris Brown or Corey Dillon.

D & S Sports

Comment

• acehole
        • Jan 2006

Trade this years second (Ravens) and next years second to Sd for M Turner and Resign A Thomas. We have a 3rd down back in S Williams. We could take a flyer on M Bush in the 3rd if he is there. A vet a up and coming jorneyman and a rookie.

Anything else?
        Hated by the stupid..
        Loved by their moms.

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by acehole
          Trade this years second (Ravens) and next years second to Sd for M Turner and Resign A Thomas. We have a 3rd down back in S Williams. We could take a flyer on M Bush in the 3rd if he is there. A vet a up and coming jorneyman and a rookie.

Anything else?
          Marshawn Lynch. We need our second round picks, there are too many holes on the team.

Comment

• RockStar36
            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
            • Sep 2004

If Willis is available at 12 it's going to be hard to pass that up. I'm completely undecided on what I'd do if Lynch and Willis were both available.

D & S Sports

Comment

• SpanishBill
              • Mar 2005

Anything else?
              Agreed. As I said in another post I think Michael Turner could be the answer (not The Answer ) if we finally trade McGahee. But do you think he would cost two 2nd round picks? I think that's too much. Maybe just for the 2nd we get from Baltimore (if we do get it)?
              SPAIN
              2006 FIBA World Champions

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

If the trade goes down, i think u either go D or RB with first pick, if u go D, then u take a rb with your first pick in the second round

Bye the way how do u give/get rep..
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
                  If Willis is available at 12 it's going to be hard to pass that up. I'm completely undecided on what I'd do if Lynch and Willis were both available.
                  Lynch. We are fine at LB with Spikes-Killer-Ellison

Comment

• mysticsoto
                    Too sober for this...
                    • Apr 2004

Sign Chris Brown for 1 yr with incentives so that he is not expensive if he goes down with an injury and only achieves a decent salary if he gets a certain amt of yardage and games played in.

Sign Rhodes for 1 yr that is not to expensive and with incentives also. Let him know that he will likely play behind Brown but that he's likely to get good playing time b'cse of injuries and could become the #1 back as the season goes on.

Draft Adrian Peterson if he's there at 12 (yes, this is a possibility now). If not, draft a later decent raw prospect that can be put on the PS and maybe move into 3rd string the following year replacing Shaud.

Draft franchise RB in '08 if we don't get Adrian Peterson.

This is how I would approach it.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Sign Chris Brown for 1 yr with incentives so that he is not expensive if he goes down with an injury and only achieves a decent salary if he gets a certain amt of yardage and games played in.

Sign Rhodes for 1 yr that is not to expensive and with incentives also. Let him know that he will likely play behind Brown but that he's likely to get good playing time b'cse of injuries and could become the #1 back as the season goes on.

Draft Adrian Peterson if he's there at 12 (yes, this is a possibility now). If not, draft a later decent raw prospect that can be put on the PS and maybe move into 3rd string the following year replacing Shaud.

Draft franchise RB in '08 if we don't get Adrian Peterson.

This is how I would approach it.
                      The Browns are reportedly intent on using a two-back system in 2007.
                      The door on Cleveland selecting Adrian Peterson at No. 3 may have not completely swung shut, and will be more realistic if Reuben Droughns is released once his $1.75 million roster bonus comes due next week.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                        • Sep 2003

Bring in a vet.

Dillon and draft Bush (aquired from the highly speculated not yet true trade to Baltimore).

Overall draft to look like this..

12 DT A. Okoye
                        43 RB M. Bush
                        61 CB C. Houston
                        74 MLB DeOssie
                        107 OLB S. Nichols
                        169 WR Trannon
                        203 Either Safety or small quick pass catching RB!

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by alohabillsfan
                          Bring in a vet.

Dillon and draft Bush (aquired from the highly speculated not yet true trade to Baltimore).

Overall draft to look like this..

12 DT A. Okoye
                          43 RB M. Bush
                          61 CB C. Houston
                          74 MLB DeOssie
                          107 OLB S. Nichols
                          169 WR Trannon
                          203 Either Safety or small quick pass catching RB!
                          I doubt Houston will be there at 61

Comment

• acehole
                            • Jan 2006

At the very least doent a Mcgahee trade set the bar for M Turner? I mean If we were to get the 2nd this and next year 5th from the ravens would you be happy then shipping those off for turner?

Originally posted by SpanishBill
                            Agreed. As I said in another post I think Michael Turner could be the answer (not The Answer ) if we finally trade McGahee. But do you think he would cost two 2nd round picks? I think that's too much. Maybe just for the 2nd we get from Baltimore (if we do get it)?
                            Hated by the stupid..
                            Loved by their moms.

Comment

• SpanishBill
                              • Mar 2005

At the very least doent a Mcgahee trade set the bar for M Turner? I mean If we were to get the 2nd this and next year 5th from the ravens would you be happy then shipping those off for turner?
                              Absolutely. I do agree with you that McGahee's trade should set the bar fot Turner's. Even some could argue that McGahee has shown much more than Turner on the football field (off field is another matter), and they'd be right, that's why I didn't like two 2nd rounds for Turner. But a 2nd and a 2008 5th round or lower sounds great to me

In fact, I'd swap whatever we get from McGahee to get Turner... as long as we get a 2nd, which isn't that clear, because if we just have one 2nd round pick I don't see it happening with all our needs. And SD won't bait for a 3rd and another low pick (my guess).
                              SPAIN
                              2006 FIBA World Champions

Comment

Working...
                              X