PDA

View Full Version : Kiwaukee Thomas Visiting Detroit

gr8slayer
03-08-2007, 09:18 AM
Free agent Kiwaukee Thomas is scheduled to be in Detroit on Thursday.
The Lions need to get serious about beefing up possibly the NFL's worst cornerback situation. Thomas was a nickel back in Buffalo last season.

gr8slayer
03-08-2007, 09:19 AM
Come on Marv, keep this man.

patmoran2006
03-08-2007, 09:42 AM
ya given the circumstances, it would be stupid to let him go.. I cant see him commanding a pile of money either.

streetkings01
03-08-2007, 09:47 AM
I thought he wanted to be closer to his family down south?

gr8slayer
03-08-2007, 09:48 AM
I thought he wanted to be closer to his family down south?
Interesting isn't it?

patmoran2006
03-08-2007, 09:52 AM
I would think his best chance to start or at least get a lot of playing time would be in Buffalo.

gr8slayer
03-08-2007, 10:17 AM
I would think his best chance to start or at least get a lot of playing time would be in Buffalo.
He looked like he enjoyed playing in BFLO last year.

lightningbolt444
03-08-2007, 10:22 AM
he'll do what he has to do to make the most money a player of his caliber which is good but not great needs to cash in while he can he will probably only have 10 years give or take of makeing nfl kind of money after that chances are he'll disapear into the books as another nfl player and have to find another way of makeing money so in his defence he needs to cash in where and while he can and although i would love to see him on the bills roster i dont think we would offer him the money as some of the other teams out there will a la nate clements just not so extreme

Jeff1220
03-08-2007, 10:27 AM
he'll do what he has to do to make the most money a player of his caliber which is good but not great needs to cash in while he can he will probably only have 10 years give or take of makeing nfl kind of money after that chances are he'll disapear into the books as another nfl player and have to find another way of makeing money so in his defence he needs to cash in where and while he can and although i would love to see him on the bills roster i dont think we would offer him the money as some of the other teams out there will a la nate clements just not so extreme

I'm not flaming your post, but it did make me think of somethin about players in general. I don't understand how any of these guys need to make money after their careers are over. Sure, there are the few guys who only play a few years at minimum, but how can any guy making multi-millions have to work after doing it for 10 years? I think the NFL needs to get these guys on board w/some financial planners asap!

lightningbolt444
03-08-2007, 10:35 AM
o i agree with you 100% on that i think ya know 1 million over 10 years yea thats more than i will make in my life probably and these guys spend it in most situations. i mean all it takes is putting 6 million of that in the bank and spending 4 million while your playing so you can still live the lifestyle and have 6 million in the bank collecting intrest and then get you pension from the nfl which im assumeing isnt that bad to live a normal life off of either just not a lavish life that all the so-so players want to live but only a few of the really really great players can sustain that lifestyle

The Answer
03-08-2007, 01:04 PM
Come on Marv, keep this man.

Losing Beetlejuice won't be a big deal - if he thinks he's a starting CB than let Detroit waste the money on him.

~The Answer