PDA

View Full Version : is rhodes, dillon and brown our back up selections

trapezeus
03-08-2007, 09:30 AM
I don't think i'm read anyone suggest that maybe the bills are looking at dillon, brown, and rhodes as replacements for A-train and that they have plans to get a marque back in the draft.

Is this a possibility since A-train's contract has not been negotiated? I realize that dillon wants to be a starter (i think he's too old), and brown and rhodes say they want to be starters (but i think they are posturing for a better contract and would live happily in a two back system for the right price tag). Therefore, maybe the bills FA interviews aren't to replace mcgahee, but to replace A-train, and then the bills focus in on RB for the 1st round.

Just a thought.

Gunzlingr
03-08-2007, 09:58 AM
Rhodes and Brown have made it known they want to be the guy.

acehole
03-08-2007, 10:06 AM
This was my thought as well. The very least it is good posturing for A-Train.

I don't think i'm read anyone suggest that maybe the bills are looking at dillon, brown, and rhodes as replacements for A-train and that they have plans to get a marque back in the draft.

Is this a possibility since A-train's contract has not been negotiated? I realize that dillon wants to be a starter (i think he's too old), and brown and rhodes say they want to be starters (but i think they are posturing for a better contract and would live happily in a two back system for the right price tag). Therefore, maybe the bills FA interviews aren't to replace mcgahee, but to replace A-train, and then the bills focus in on RB for the 1st round.

Just a thought.

OpIv37
03-08-2007, 10:08 AM
ESPN said that the Bills were preparing for McGahee's departure or getting a back up if he should stay.

Regardless, we pretty much need to draft an RB this year. Dillon and Rhodes are old and Brown is often injured. Even if McGahee is traded, there is no way in hell he's here after 2007. The Bills won't pay him and he won't want to stay.

Ideally, we'll get the Ravens' 2nd rounder for McGahee and we can use one of the two 2nd's on an RB.

lightningbolt444
03-08-2007, 10:16 AM
or our first on lynch sign dillion or anyone for that matter to a one year deal where hes the feature back and have lynch be our third down bacdk for a year and then next year step into the starter role