PDA

View Full Version : Do we move up and draft

sqad5
03-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Thoughts?

TacklingDummy
03-08-2007, 12:00 PM
NO, someone who breaks a collar bone while doing a showboat dive into the endzone is not a player I would want on my team.

TacklingDummy
03-08-2007, 12:00 PM
NO, someone who breaks a collar bone while doing a showboat dive into the endzone is not a player I would want on my team.

Saratoga Slim
03-08-2007, 12:07 PM
I don't think so. You have to give up way too much to vault into the top 5 in the draft order.

gr8slayer
Lynch > Peterson

gr8slayer
Lynch > Peterson

JoeMama
03-08-2007, 12:12 PM
No thanks.

I'd rather have Marshawn Lynch or Michael Bush.

patmoran2006
03-08-2007, 12:15 PM
No thanks.

I'd rather have Marshawn Lynch or Michael Bush.
your high..

But .. I hear what your saying.. because we'd have to give up pretty much our entire draft to get Peterson... So in that respect, I'd rather have Lynch too.

don137
03-08-2007, 12:16 PM
This team needs good young talent which you build through the draft. Stay where you are. The price to move into the top 10 is way to high.

OpIv37
03-08-2007, 12:24 PM
Hell no.

Sign one of the 3 guys that have visited over the last few days (Brown, Rhodes, Dillon- I'd prefer Rhodes) and draft an RB in the 2nd or 3rd round. Good RB's can be found mid to late on the first day of the draft.

JoeMama
03-08-2007, 12:38 PM
your high..

But .. I hear what your saying.. because we'd have to give up pretty much our entire draft to get Peterson... So in that respect, I'd rather have Lynch too.

I'm so high I can barely type this but...

That's why I listed Lynch and Bush.

They seem like realistic options.

TigerJ
03-08-2007, 12:42 PM
No. Don't move up. Too many needs. Peterson is not a perfect running back. McFadden next year is better, and I think there are several backs who will be as good as Peterson who are coming out next year. Buffalo should do the best they can this season with a combination of free agent singing(s) and/or draft pick. If they need to revisit running back in next year's draft, so be it.

mysticsoto
03-08-2007, 12:45 PM
I'm so high I can barely type this but...

That's why I listed Lynch and Bush.

They seem like realistic options.

I think he was referring to the people that said Lynch was better than Peterson - that's ridiculous!

DraftBoy
03-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Only player worth moving up for is Calvin Johnson

Ed
03-08-2007, 02:28 PM
I've never been a fan of moving up. It always sounds exciting, but it's rarely worth it. We'd have to give up way too much and pay him a ridiculous contract. Top 5 picks this year are going to get $20-30 million signing bonuses. Plus, I think the fact that we're talking about a RB makes it even less worth it.

pintonick96
03-08-2007, 02:46 PM

He's not a showboat. It was a freak accident. He's a good kid. I would definitely try to move up to draft him, but it would be way too much.

Bert102176
03-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Terrell Davis Broncos was a 5th rounder I believe, but I don't wanna lose our 12th, nor our 2nd rounder but would like to see another 1st say in the 20's

The Answer
03-08-2007, 03:03 PM
The Answer has caught word of a potential blockbuster trade in the works in which Dallas plans to trade up and grab Adrian Peterson in next months draft.

IF my sources are correct on this than Marion Barber the Third would likely be available.....stay tuned.

~The Answer

mysticsoto
03-08-2007, 03:09 PM
The Answer has caught word of a potential blockbuster trade in the works in which Dallas plans to trade up and grab Adrian Peterson in next months draft.

IF my sources are correct on this than Marion Barber the Third would likely be available.....stay tuned.

~The Answer

Highly unlikely. Why would they lose alot to trade up when they have Julius Jones and MB III who produced last season? That just wouldn't make any sense...

Methinks the Answer is wrong on this one...

The Answer
03-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Highly unlikely. Why would they lose alot to trade up when they have Julius Jones and MB III who produced last season? That just wouldn't make any sense...

Methinks the Answer is wrong on this one...

Because Jerry Jones isn't sold on either JJ or MB3 as a full time starter and is looking for another Emmit Smith. This rumor is being discussed on one of the Dallas message boards as well.

The Answer has seen more than enough of MB3 to know this kid is the real deal and deserves a shot at being a full time starter - love to see him in a Bills uniform.

~The Answer

TheGhostofJimKelly
03-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Definitely not, besides in the past two years Adrian Peterson has had two major injuries. This years was because of his own stupidity.