• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

I hope we DONT trade Spikes

We have no vet leadership on this defense, I would NOT trade Takeo Spikes unless we can rob someone like the Jets did to the Bears for THomas Johnes.

Give the former Pro Bowler a chance to see where he's at.. We sure as hell dont need the cap room. If the doesnt work out THEN you can cut him and you still have Ellison.

I like Levy's aggressiveness (to this point) but I think trading Spikes is gonig to be a big mistake if we do.

The one thing that would make me change my mind on this is if we signed June, but that aint gonna happen.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Mudflap1
    Next Question!
    • Nov 2004

Re: I hope we DONT trade Spikes

What's the deal with Briggs? What happened to that talk of the Bills trading Spikes and pick(s) for Briggs?

Jon

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

I would trade him for a 2nd and a 3rd and either draft a few lb's in the draft or use the picks to go after Briggs.

Comment

• The King
        Without me it's just Awe so
        • Jun 2004

I think at this point I have to agree. Unless Spikes plans on being a biznitch and demands a trade. Then he needs to go, we need to gel.

Plus I will officially have zero active Bills jerseys... Bledsoe, Spikes, Fletcher, Milloy...
        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
        It was all
        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

while Spikes has underperformed lately, we're short LB's and there is that whole vet leadership thing. It would have to be a hell of a deal for it to be worth our while, and I don't see that happening with his recent history.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
            I think at this point I have to agree. Unless Spikes plans on being a biznitch and demands a trade. Then he needs to go, we need to gel.

Plus I will officially have zero active Bills jerseys... Bledsoe, Spikes, Fletcher, Milloy...
            ha I hear ya- I've got Spikes, McGahee, Bledsoe....
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
              ha I hear ya- I've got Spikes, McGahee, Bledsoe....
              I have Spikes and Evans (and a cheap Willis I never wore and a MIke Williams )Going classic is best. Andre Reed and Jack Kemp.

BTW, I agree with Pat (I think this is 3 days in a row!) keep Spikes around. Draft Willis and then Bush.

If they do that, I might have to dance.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Elminster
                #1 Kelsay Fan
                • Oct 2006

I'd trade Spikes for a 4th, but then again, that kinda messes with our draft, 'cause we'd basically have to get a linebacker earlier. Unlike many here, I have no problem with Ellison starting. So it's a bit of a double-edged deal, unless TKO starts spouting off about it, in which case we don't really have a choice. Maybe if we do get a LB, we can trade him during or before the season to some one who needs one....
                Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Only way I would think about trading Spikes is if the Bears are interested and would be willing to trade us Briggs. Or if we find a way to sign Cato June.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    I have Spikes and Evans (and a cheap Willis I never wore and a MIke Williams )Going classic is best. Andre Reed and Jack Kemp.

BTW, I agree with Pat (I think this is 3 days in a row!) keep Spikes around. Draft Willis and then Bush.

im about to roll over, cause i'd be pumped if we got Willis and Bush.. I AGREE!

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• madness
                      • Apr 2003

Spikes' own comments are his undoing in Buffalo. Marv doesn't want anyone in Buffalo who doesn't believe in the organization or doesn't want to be here. Unless TKO has a change of heart, I don't see him being here much longer.

"Leadership, I've often said, is the ability to get other people to get the best out of themselves. And I thought it's manifested more by getting people to join you rather than follow you. In other words, they join you over a period of time because they believe what you're doing and in each other. And you have to have people who are receptive and who are personally and intrinsically motivated, too." - Marv

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter

I've got Brrrrruuuuucccee! and Jimbo- I'll probably just stick with those.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by madness
                          Spikes' own comments are his undoing in Buffalo. Marv doesn't want anyone in Buffalo who doesn't believe in the organization or doesn't want to be here. Unless TKO has a change of heart, I don't see him being here much longer.

"Leadership, I've often said, is the ability to get other people to get the best out of themselves. And I thought it's manifested more by getting people to join you rather than follow you. In other words, they join you over a period of time because they believe what you're doing and in each other. And you have to have people who are receptive and who are personally and intrinsically motivated, too." - Marv
                          what comments are those? did I miss something? I haven't heard Spikes say he wants out or that he's not happy with the direction of the team.
                          Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

I'd trade Spikes away for a box of practice tees for Mr Lindell personally.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by madness

that's fine but we still need bodies to play LB. I like the commitment to character and the commitment to special teams, but sometimes it hurts the team in terms of lack of available bodies at certain positions. We already had to play Wire at LB last year and now we're down Fletcher too.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X