PDA

View Full Version : I hope we DONT trade Spikes

patmoran2006
03-08-2007, 12:25 PM
We have no vet leadership on this defense, I would NOT trade Takeo Spikes unless we can rob someone like the Jets did to the Bears for THomas Johnes.

Give the former Pro Bowler a chance to see where he's at.. We sure as hell dont need the cap room. If the doesnt work out THEN you can cut him and you still have Ellison.

I like Levy's aggressiveness (to this point) but I think trading Spikes is gonig to be a big mistake if we do.

The one thing that would make me change my mind on this is if we signed June, but that aint gonna happen.

Mudflap1
03-08-2007, 12:28 PM
What's the deal with Briggs? What happened to that talk of the Bills trading Spikes and pick(s) for Briggs?

Jon

The Spaz
03-08-2007, 12:29 PM
I would trade him for a 2nd and a 3rd and either draft a few lb's in the draft or use the picks to go after Briggs.

The King
03-08-2007, 12:30 PM
I think at this point I have to agree. Unless Spikes plans on being a biznitch and demands a trade. Then he needs to go, we need to gel.

Plus I will officially have zero active Bills jerseys... Bledsoe, Spikes, Fletcher, Milloy...

OpIv37
03-08-2007, 12:31 PM
while Spikes has underperformed lately, we're short LB's and there is that whole vet leadership thing. It would have to be a hell of a deal for it to be worth our while, and I don't see that happening with his recent history.

OpIv37
03-08-2007, 12:32 PM
I think at this point I have to agree. Unless Spikes plans on being a biznitch and demands a trade. Then he needs to go, we need to gel.

Plus I will officially have zero active Bills jerseys... Bledsoe, Spikes, Fletcher, Milloy...

ha I hear ya- I've got Spikes, McGahee, Bledsoe....

Dr. Lecter
03-08-2007, 12:35 PM
ha I hear ya- I've got Spikes, McGahee, Bledsoe....

I have Spikes and Evans (and a cheap Willis I never wore and a MIke Williams :couch:)Going classic is best. Andre Reed and Jack Kemp.

BTW, I agree with Pat (I think this is 3 days in a row!) keep Spikes around. Draft Willis and then Bush.

If they do that, I might have to dance.

Elminster
03-08-2007, 12:35 PM
I'd trade Spikes for a 4th, but then again, that kinda messes with our draft, 'cause we'd basically have to get a linebacker earlier. Unlike many here, I have no problem with Ellison starting. So it's a bit of a double-edged deal, unless TKO starts spouting off about it, in which case we don't really have a choice. Maybe if we do get a LB, we can trade him during or before the season to some one who needs one....

Michael82
03-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Only way I would think about trading Spikes is if the Bears are interested and would be willing to trade us Briggs. :drool: Or if we find a way to sign Cato June. :up:

patmoran2006
03-08-2007, 12:46 PM
I have Spikes and Evans (and a cheap Willis I never wore and a MIke Williams :couch:)Going classic is best. Andre Reed and Jack Kemp.

BTW, I agree with Pat (I think this is 3 days in a row!) keep Spikes around. Draft Willis and then Bush.

im about to roll over, cause i'd be pumped if we got Willis and Bush.. I AGREE!

madness
03-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Spikes' own comments are his undoing in Buffalo. Marv doesn't want anyone in Buffalo who doesn't believe in the organization or doesn't want to be here. Unless TKO has a change of heart, I don't see him being here much longer.

"Leadership, I've often said, is the ability to get other people to get the best out of themselves. And I thought it's manifested more by getting people to join you rather than follow you. In other words, they join you over a period of time because they believe what you're doing and in each other. And you have to have people who are receptive and who are personally and intrinsically motivated, too." - Marv

OpIv37
03-08-2007, 12:49 PM

I've got Brrrrruuuuucccee! and Jimbo- I'll probably just stick with those.

Saratoga Slim
03-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Spikes' own comments are his undoing in Buffalo. Marv doesn't want anyone in Buffalo who doesn't believe in the organization or doesn't want to be here. Unless TKO has a change of heart, I don't see him being here much longer.

"Leadership, I've often said, is the ability to get other people to get the best out of themselves. And I thought it's manifested more by getting people to join you rather than follow you. In other words, they join you over a period of time because they believe what you're doing and in each other. And you have to have people who are receptive and who are personally and intrinsically motivated, too." - Marv

what comments are those? did I miss something? I haven't heard Spikes say he wants out or that he's not happy with the direction of the team.

Mr. Pink
I'd trade Spikes away for a box of practice tees for Mr Lindell personally.

OpIv37

that's fine but we still need bodies to play LB. I like the commitment to character and the commitment to special teams, but sometimes it hurts the team in terms of lack of available bodies at certain positions. We already had to play Wire at LB last year and now we're down Fletcher too.

TigerJ
03-08-2007, 01:00 PM

You could try out as a prospective superhero on the SciFi channel's reality show as "History Man." Hey, I'm only trying to help.

ShadowHawk7
03-08-2007, 01:42 PM
Just say no to trading Spikes. He will be considerably better than he was this year guarenteed. We already have a big hole on our front 7, why dig it deeper?

Spikes and Crowell (plus Ellison) will be fine, plus Willis or even Okoye in the middle.

Lexwhat
03-08-2007, 01:57 PM
Only way I would think about trading Spikes is if the Bears are interested and would be willing to trade us Briggs. :drool: Or if we find a way to sign Cato June. :up:

I agree. Unless we get at least a 2nd rounder for Spikes, or package him to acquire Briggs, it is not worth trading away Spikes.

Someone said a 4th Rounder?? Thats pathetic. With the possibility of Spikes coming back healthy this year, I would not trade him unless he really just wants to leave Buffalo...

Who the hell can we get for a 4th Rounder? Another Keith Ellison? A Josh Stamer or Mario Haggan? I do like Ellison, but he doesn't bring the intensity needed at the LB position. IMO, Spikes at 75% is as good as anyone on our roster.

Ed
03-08-2007, 02:12 PM
What's the deal with Briggs? What happened to that talk of the Bills trading Spikes and pick(s) for Briggs?

Jon
There was an article on espn.com a few days ago about Briggs. The GM of the Bears said no team has contacted them about obtaining Briggs...

BleedinGreenNC
03-08-2007, 02:52 PM
You could trade him for Briggs and more than likely get a draft pick along with him!!

Michael82
03-08-2007, 03:26 PM
You could trade him for Briggs and more than likely get a draft pick along with him!!
:pray:

BuffaloBillsStampede
03-08-2007, 03:37 PM
Im with Pat we need to keep Spikes, draft Willis in the first and then take a running back in the second. The only way we don't take Willis is if Okoye is there which would really mess us up in terms of where we need to draft in my opinion. I am willing to see what McCargo has next year before saying we need another DT. LB, RB, CB, WR/LB, DL, WR/LB, DL/DB, DL/DB

patmoran2006
03-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Im with Pat we need to keep Spikes, draft Willis in the first and then take a running back in the second. The only way we don't take Willis is if Okoye is there which would really mess us up in terms of where we need to draft in my opinion. I am willing to see what McCargo has next year before saying we need another DT. LB, RB, CB, WR/LB, DL, WR/LB, DL/DB, DL/DB
I agree. Willis and RB in Rd 2 would be really strong.. But if Okoye happens to be there, marv WILL take him. This guy is a ****ing monster, another Tommie Harris in the making. and NOTHING is more important to a defense than being able to shut down the middle. the Bears prove that you could have more than 2-3 good DT's on the same team. It would also open a lot more opportunities for Tripplett.

Maybe logically, Okoye dont make the most sense.. But I know Marv well enough to know that if Okoye is there he's ours, and I will bet anyone on that.. (and Marv would making a great move )