PDA

View Full Version : RFA Michael Turner

Yasgur's Farm
03-08-2007, 12:41 PM
This may be a bit Maddenesque but here goes...

If the Bills wrote RB Michael Turner (RFA Chargers) to an offer sheet, they would be requred to compensate the Chargers with a 1st and 3rd.

What if we offered our 1st and Spikes to the Bears for their 1st and Briggs.

We could then give the Chargers the 32nd and 94th picks for Turner.

Michael82
03-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Or we could offer the Chargers our 2nd straight up for him and see if they bite.... :idunno:

I prefer him over the 3 bums we brought in this week.

patmoran2006
03-08-2007, 12:43 PM
I like Turner, but I dont think he's worth it. I like a couple of the RB's in this draft. (pittman, bush)

and I dont think Chicago will give up Briggs, definitely not for that deal.

TigerJ
03-08-2007, 12:47 PM
You'd have to convince the Bears that a damaged player in Spikes is better than a healthy disgruntled player in Briggs. Good luck.

THATHURMANATOR
03-08-2007, 12:47 PM
I like Turner, but I dont think he's worth it. I like a couple of the RB's in this draft. (pittman, bush)

and I dont think Chicago will give up Briggs, definitely not for that deal.
Right there with you.

Michael82
03-08-2007, 12:48 PM
You'd have to convince the Bears that a damaged player in Spikes is better than a healthy disgruntled player in Briggs. Good luck.
It's easy to do if Briggs keeps making a ton of noise and then holds out in training camp. It's been done before.

mysticsoto
03-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Whatever we decide to do for RB should not involve alot of sacrifice. We basically want to get someone here for one year and next year draft our franchise RB which will be better than anything that is available to us at the current moment. The line should improve, so even a decent RB should be able to now get decent yards.

I still say sign Chris Brown as the starter and Rhodes as the backup but both contracts should be low on guarantees and high on incentives!

OpIv37
03-08-2007, 12:53 PM

If the Bills wrote RB Michael Turner (RFA Chargers) to an offer sheet, they would be requred to compensate the Chargers with a 1st and 3rd.

I'd love the Bears trade- hell I'd even throw in one of our 3rds if that's what it takes.

But I think the price for Turner would be too high.

Luisito23
03-08-2007, 12:56 PM
If we're gonna take a chance on a RB, I rather us do it through the draft, and not on someone who is going to cost us our valuable picks....Just say NO to Turner....

GO BILLS!!!!!!

JJamezz
03-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Just say NO to Turner....

Bingo

Mitchy moo
03-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Who can we bring in to run??

Ickybaluky
03-08-2007, 01:22 PM

No you couldn't, the CBA doesn't allow this.

If you sign a RFA to an offer sheet, you need to have picks available to compensate the other team which are of equal or greater value than your original draft position in the rounds. This rule is in place to keep teams from trading down before making an offer to a RFA.

Thus, if you wanted to sign Turner to an offer sheet you would need a 1st round pick at #12 or higher and a 3rd round pick at #74 or higher.

Goobylal
03-08-2007, 01:29 PM

If you sign a RFA to an offer sheet, you need to have picks available to compensate the other team which are of equal or greater value than your original draft position in the rounds. This rule is in place to keep teams from trading down before making an offer to a RFA.

Thus, if you wanted to sign Turner to an offer sheet you would need a 1st round pick at #12 or higher and a 3rd round pick at #76 or higher.
From what I understand, technically that's correct. But terms are always negotiable. The Bills traded Peerless when he was a franchise player and would cost 2-1st rounders, for just 1-1st rounder.

Frankly I'd wait until just before the draft, tell the Chargers "here's our 2nd rounder, take it or leave it." Otherwise they risk losing him next year for nothing.

ShadowHawk7
03-08-2007, 01:32 PM
RBs in the draft cost valuble picks too. I'd trade a 2nd for Turner.

acehole
03-08-2007, 01:33 PM
Allready posted this exact sceanrio.

acehole
03-08-2007, 01:36 PM

Thus, if you wanted to sign Turner to an offer sheet you would need a 1st round pick at #12 or higher and a 3rd round pick at #74 or higher.

You are 100% correct unless the chargers OK the counter offer of picks (Lower).

SpanishBill
03-08-2007, 03:32 PM
Or we could offer the Chargers our 2nd straight up for him and see if they bite.... :idunno:

I prefer him over the 3 bums we brought in this week.
With the rumored deal of a 2nd and a 6th for McGahee I would have given them both picks for Turner and paid his plane tickets. But SD won't bite for just a 3rd and I'm not sure if it's a good idea to deal our 2nd for him and probably another pick.

But as acehole said in another thread, McGahee's trade should set the tone for trading a RB, so maybe Turner is not that expensive, dunno.