PDA

View Full Version : Rams sign McMichael

Philagape
03-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Rams | McMichael signs
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 11:26:00 -0800

StLouisRams.com reports the St. Louis Rams have signed unrestricted free-agent TE Randy McMichael (Dolphins) to a three-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.

mysticsoto
03-08-2007, 01:41 PM
Rams | McMichael signs
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 11:26:00 -0800

StLouisRams.com reports the St. Louis Rams have signed unrestricted free-agent TE Randy McMichael (Dolphins) to a three-year deal. Financial terms were not disclosed.

From rotoworld:

Rams agreed to terms with TE Randy McMichael on a three-year contract. The deal is worth $3 million-per-year, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
A shocker here after St. Louis used two first-day picks on tight ends in 2006. However coach Scott Linehan knows McMike from Miami in 2005, when he caught 60 passes, five for TDs, and McMichael is still young at 27. This kills Joe Klopfenstein's keeper value and makes Dominique Byrd's release likely. The Rams will address their run defense issues in the draft.

Lexwhat
03-08-2007, 01:49 PM
Wow, thats a pretty good deal, financially, for the Rams ... We paid $2.5 million a year for the scrub Robert Royal. McMicheal is 10x better than Royal...

Not that I want McMicheal on my team though...no wife beaters please.

!Papacrunk!
03-08-2007, 05:59 PM
in an article Linehan mentioned how this deal had been in the works and thought about a trade---too bad that part didn't happen. On the field I enjoyed his intensity, and his blocking actually was getting a lot better then it had been. He needs to work on his dropsies, but I'm glad he went there as opposed to the Jets, who was one of the teams rumored to have been interested.

dolphan117
03-08-2007, 06:03 PM
Given that we couldnt get a pick for him and that now he signs a cheap contract like that I really wonder if he didnt have 2 strikes against him in the NFL substance abuse program. With the money that his been getting thrown around that is a cheap, cheap deal.

!Papacrunk!
03-08-2007, 06:07 PM
Given that we couldnt get a pick for him and that now he signs a cheap contract like that I really wonder if he didnt have 2 strikes against him in the NFL substance abuse program. With the money that his been getting thrown around that is a cheap, cheap deal.

when did he have one strike?

LtFinFan66
03-08-2007, 06:22 PM
Good question

dolphan117
03-08-2007, 07:59 PM
when did he have one strike?As far as we know he never had any strikes...... But he way the system works is that the league isn't allowed to say anything about anything until the third strike which results in a suspension. Until then its a private issue between the player, the league, and the team. It just lands the player in rehab.

However other teams that are interested in a player and are doing their due diligence in researching a guys history prior to a trade or a FA signing are informed by the league what the status of the guy is concerning any positive tests.... They aren't supposed to tell anyone of course but sometimes it leaks.

That's how it came out last year that Ricky was going to be suspended. The Broncos were doing their research to make up their mind on whether or not to make a play for him and the league informed them that he was facing a one year suspension. That info then leaked out of Denver.

HHURRICANE
03-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Good question

This post is funny because ESPN had him resigning with the Dolphins before I left for dinner. I was like "that makes sense".

I'm going there right now to see if it's still there.

HHURRICANE
03-08-2007, 08:12 PM
This post is funny because ESPN had him resigning with the Dolphins before I left for dinner. I was like "that makes sense".

I'm going there right now to see if it's still there.

Sorry to ESPN. It was on the "official" NFL website.

http://www.nfl.com/transactions