PDA

View Full Version : Jauron on Siruis right now

Tatonka
03-08-2007, 02:13 PM
i will update with the interview..

he is talking about the trade, and the running game plans.

RockStar36
03-08-2007, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the update! I'm listening right now.

hammerbillsfan
03-08-2007, 02:19 PM
Me too. :D

patmoran2006
03-08-2007, 02:19 PM
Please someone type some quotes, i cant steam today

Tatonka
03-08-2007, 02:20 PM
wow.. tons of good info.. i am driving with my knee right now.. i will post all this stuff in a minute.

Tatonka
03-08-2007, 02:21 PM
the starting line right now is:

peters, dock, fowler, whittle, walker.

Tatonka
03-08-2007, 02:22 PM
they will definately go with a running back rotation.

rhodes visit went great.

he feels "very good" about resigning atrain.

RockStar36
03-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Please someone type some quotes, i cant steam today

The sauna closed?

Tatonka
03-08-2007, 02:23 PM
sounds like, although not final, that crowell is our new MLB.

Tatonka
03-08-2007, 02:24 PM
chris brown was in today and last night.

had a good visit.

RockStar36
03-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Chris Brown went to dinner last night and was at OBD again today....

patmoran2006
03-08-2007, 02:25 PM
I am baffled if this is true on why we signed Walker, especially for 25 million to play RT.

We're weak at RG.. WHittle is the answer?!?!

at tackle, Walker gave up 10.75 sacks last year; while conversely, Pennington only gave up two sacks in his nine starts.

That's extremely confusing to move him to the bench when the consensus I've heard if Walker is better suited for guard.

ublinkwescore
03-08-2007, 02:25 PM
I'd rather have Dillon.

ZacGriffi~82
03-08-2007, 02:26 PM
chris brown was in today and last night.

had a good visit.

I had a hunch as soon as they BuffaloBills.com started running all those puff pieces about him and how he can play MLB.

Night Train
03-08-2007, 02:26 PM
Wow. He sees a 1500 yard season out of Shaud Williams !

Just kidding...

RockStar36
03-08-2007, 02:27 PM
I am baffled if this is true on why we signed Walker, especially for 25 million to play RT.

We're weak at RG.. WHittle is the answer?!?!

at tackle, Walker gave up 10.75 sacks last year; while conversely, Pennington only gave up two sacks in his nine starts.

That's extremely confusing to move him to the bench when the consensus I've heard if Walker is better suited for guard.

Nothing is written in stone yet. They still have a lot of camp and pre-season to go through. Relax.

T-Long
03-08-2007, 02:28 PM
I have it recorded and I will post it ASAP. I am also on hold to ask their opinion on the FA RB's....I'll post that too. Give me a few minutes...

patmoran2006
03-08-2007, 02:29 PM
Nothing is written in stone yet. They still have a lot of camp and pre-season to go through. Relax.
If he got 25 million it better be written in stone that he's starting.. Maybe its just me, but I was higher on Pennington than some people.. I thought our OL suffered from horrible guard play, and I figured Walker would be solid at RG.

Tatonka
03-08-2007, 02:30 PM
he actually said that they will probably use more than 2 running backs..

it sounds like it will be

atrain - coming back
either rhodes - good visit, good in a committee
or
dillon - talked with him.. great runner, power, tough, but he needs to decide what kind of role he would be ok with, so it sounds like they said to him it would be a committee and he has to decide if he is ok with that.
or
chris brown - proven he can play when healthy, explosive

and then

a rookie.

this was also really interesting..

stock piling picks gives them alot of options to move around in the draft..

sounds like they will be wheeling and dealing on draft day.

i hope you guys appreciate this.. i am driving 70 mpg with my knee to get you this info.

patmoran2006
sounds like, although not final, that crowell is our new MLB.
Wouldnt shock me if this is true.. and maybe Buffalo actually traded down in the first round and got a speedster OLB like Timmons 8-10 picks later.

hammerbillsfan
tlong from here is on Sirius right now!

RockStar36
I have it recorded and I will post it ASAP. I am also on hold to ask their opinion on the FA RB's....I'll post that too. Give me a few minutes...

Is that you talking right now?

T-Long
03-08-2007, 02:31 PM
yep thats me! I'm on everyday. I'll post my question on there here in a sec.

hammerbillsfan
03-08-2007, 02:31 PM
schein and wilcotts think Dillon would be a perfect fit in Buffalo.

RockStar36
03-08-2007, 02:32 PM
You were supposed to yell out "billszone.com" after the question!

Dr. Lecter
If he got 25 million it better be written in stone that he's starting.. Maybe its just me, but I was higher on Pennington than some people.. I thought our OL suffered from horrible guard play, and I figured Walker would be solid at RG.

I liked Pennington too, but maybe he was getting more help than we thought and that hurt guard play.

Interesting that Whittle is starting over Preston.

I expect the line to look like this:

Peters-Dockery-Fowler-Butler-Walker

Whittle - Back-up #1

Merz, Preston, Pennington filling out the roster (or a UDFA or late round pick)

hammerbillsfan
great stuff tlong!

eyedog
[QUOTE=Tatonka]they will definately go with a running back rotation

I see this as meaning no Lynch at #12.

HHURRICANE
03-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Wow. He sees a 1500 yard season out of Shaud Williams !

Just kidding...

I just about **** my pants until you said just kidding. You can't do that to a boy who's on vacation.

The King
03-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Basically they said Bush aint gonna make it until our pick in the 2nd.

Tatonka
03-08-2007, 02:38 PM
but DJ said with all their picks they can move around..

so they may jump ahead of atlanta if they like bush, like they did last year for mccargo.

patmoran2006
03-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Bush will be gone in between late first - VERy early second.

and a rotation doesnt mean we WOULDNT take Lynch at 12 .. Though I truly doubt we would..

Its going to be Patrick Willis, or a tradedown.

mysticsoto
03-08-2007, 02:39 PM
I liked Pennington too, but maybe he was getting more help than we thought and that hurt guard play.

Interesting that Whittle is starting over Preston.

I expect the line to look like this:

Peters-Dockery-Fowler-Butler-Walker

Whittle - Back-up #1

Merz, Preston, Pennington filling out the roster (or a UDFA or late round pick)

It's too early for this to be set in stone. Jauron may have said it the way he did to encourage certain people to work harder if they want a position on the line. But this is decided at TC and not now...he stating it at this point really means nothing.

Earthquake Enyart
Leon Hall in the first, Irons in the 2nd.

Tatonka
DJ also said that he likes the young guys they have, merz, pennington, and butler.

i got the clear impression though that they would clearly have to play their way onto the field.. it wont be given to them. the vets will start.

ZacGriffi~82
03-08-2007, 02:40 PM
I just don't see Lynch happening. His attitude/intelligence is way to Willis-like.

The King
03-08-2007, 02:41 PM
I like the thought of a two back tandem though.

patmoran2006
03-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Im not being confrontational, I'm asking a question.

what ya'll think of Pittman in round two? I liked him when I saw him play. He's smaller, but he's fast as hell.. His style might mix perfect if we sign a FA between the tackle guy like A Train.

Bush has tremendous upside, but scares me a little bit and we'd have to do a deal just like last year to get him (move back into late first round)

As for Lynch, I would NOT mind the pick at all-- because like i said with Bush, I think we could trade back into the later first round and still get either Siler or Timmons at LB.. That's the good thing about an extra third.

Tatonka
03-08-2007, 02:42 PM
how bout booker with our extra 3rd or our 4th rounder?

Earthquake Enyart
03-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Darius Walker?

patmoran2006
03-08-2007, 02:43 PM
Leon Hall in the first, Irons in the 2nd.
**** Leon Hall.. He looked like a pile on against Ohio State and USC.

Tatonka
03-08-2007, 02:43 PM
I just don't see Lynch happening. His attitude/intelligence is way to Willis-like.

shine and wilcots think the same.

they said we will look later in the draft for a running back.

DJ did say that youboty will be a very good player, but has work to do.

patmoran2006
03-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Well its pretty obvious they are going offense via FA, and defense via draft.
Except for RB early, pretty much every other pick rounds 1-5 will likely be defense..

bigbub2352
03-08-2007, 02:47 PM
hmmmm i would luv to see them trade down a couple spots if peterson fell and grab him, that would be awesome

Ickybaluky
03-08-2007, 02:53 PM
Rhodes is visiting the Raiders tonight.

RockStar36
03-08-2007, 02:56 PM
shine and wilcots think the same.

they said we will look later in the draft for a running back.

DJ did say that youboty will be a very good player, but has work to do.

I asked the question a few weeks ago.

I heard on ESPN about some "character" issues with Lynch. I figured that the Bills wouldn't draft him because of that.

If they sign a vet and/or A-Train then I'm fine with picking up a back in the 2nd or 3rd.

I'd rather have Willis with the 12th overall pick. They need help on defense.

ZacGriffi~82
03-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Rhodes is visiting the Raiders tonight.

hmm. I don't see why he'd rather go to the Raiders where their RB situation is much more settled. Except for the $$$. Can they really offer that much more?

Ickybaluky
03-08-2007, 03:23 PM
hmm. I don't see why he'd rather go to the Raiders where their RB situation is much more settled. Except for the $$$. Can they really offer that much more?

I think it is about the money, he is shopping for a big deal.

He is supposed to visit Tennessee after Oakland.

raphael120
03-08-2007, 03:31 PM
I think Dillon knows that he will not be the starting back, I think he just wants to be paid at this point, and where better than a place where he can face his former team 2 times a year...plus OBD likes diversity in their RB, he is a proven commodity in the passing game too...so...all i know is that we better do better than a-train, a rookie, and shaud...

patmoran2006
03-08-2007, 03:37 PM
I think it is about the money, he is shopping for a big deal.

He is supposed to visit Tennessee after Oakland.
That's where I think he will end up.. Tennesee.. absolutely.. With a big risk like Lendale White, he could get a decent contract and have a shot to put up big numbers there.

Slim
03-08-2007, 03:51 PM

Why would you say he's Willis like? I go to most of the home games considering I live an hour away from Cal, and my brother attends Cal. And ive never heard or seen anything Willis like from him. Even though he did cart around in warmups once.

Iehoshua
03-08-2007, 04:01 PM
i hope you guys appreciate this.. i am driving 70 mpg
Wow, must be a hybrid!

:D

L.A. Playa
03-08-2007, 04:01 PM
didnt Lynch get arrested for slapping around his girlfriend a few months ago ??

The Spaz
03-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Wow, must be a hybrid!

:rofl:

DraftBoy
03-08-2007, 04:35 PM
Im not being confrontational, I'm asking a question.

what ya'll think of Pittman in round two? I liked him when I saw him play. He's smaller, but he's fast as hell.. His style might mix perfect if we sign a FA between the tackle guy like A Train.

Bush has tremendous upside, but scares me a little bit and we'd have to do a deal just like last year to get him (move back into late first round)

As for Lynch, I would NOT mind the pick at all-- because like i said with Bush, I think we could trade back into the later first round and still get either Siler or Timmons at LB.. That's the good thing about an extra third.

I think Pittman could be an absolute steal in Round 3. I think he is the perfect back for this system. Imo at this time, I could absolutely see Buffalo taking 2 LB's in Rounds 1 and 2 also.

jpdex12
03-08-2007, 06:51 PM
he actually said that they will probably use more than 2 running backs..

it sounds like it will be

atrain - coming back
either rhodes - good visit, good in a committee
or
dillon - talked with him.. great runner, power, tough, but he needs to decide what kind of role he would be ok with, so it sounds like they said to him it would be a committee and he has to decide if he is ok with that.
or
chris brown - proven he can play when healthy, explosive

and then

a rookie.

this was also really interesting..

stock piling picks gives them alot of options to move around in the draft..

sounds like they will be wheeling and dealing on draft day.

i hope you guys appreciate this.. i am driving 70 mpg with my knee to get you this info.

What do you have a laptop in your car?

GarnOFreak
03-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Wow, must be a hybrid!

You beat me I was sooo going there...lol
Seriously though, thanks for the info update.

ShadowHawk7
03-08-2007, 08:05 PM
Hey T, thanks much for your notes on the interview. I have one more question about it.
Did Jauron address the Dline at all and hint at if we would sign another DT via draft or FA? And he said that Crowell is the new MLB? So that would pretty much eliminate Willis at #12 then right? So that leaves Lynch and Okoye I guess.

Personally, I'd like a trade down, then Timmons in the late 1st.

YardRat
03-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Hey T, thanks much for your notes on the interview. I have one more question about it.
Did Jauron address the Dline at all and hint at if we would sign another DT via draft or FA? And he said that Crowell is the new MLB? So that would pretty much eliminate Willis at #12 then right? So that leaves Lynch and Okoye I guess.

Could go corner at #12...Revis or Hall.

Kenny
03-08-2007, 08:28 PM
Anyone think Kenny Irons will last till the third round?
He's a prospect I wouldnt mind taking a chance on.

ShadowHawk7
03-08-2007, 08:43 PM
I'd take Pittman over Irons in the 3rd imo. I'd love to take him w/ our earlier 3rd round pick. He'd go perfect w/ Dillion/Brown/Train this year.

Tatonka
03-08-2007, 10:02 PM
What do you have a laptop in your car?

yeah.. i am a home inspector, so i have my laptop mounted in my car.. and a verizon card for connectivity.

Tatonka
03-08-2007, 10:07 PM

DJ did not discuss the DL at all.

he said that, while it is not finalized, crowell can be a very good MLB.. from the way he talked, it really sounded like it was done deal.. but i would also say that they would still take willis if he was teh right guy.. DJ was also very clear that crowell can play any of the three spots.. and that they just need to finalize where he will be.