PDA

View Full Version : I dont care what anyone says if this guy fell

Devin
03-08-2007, 03:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R211e6JdVew - Alabama QB murdered on national television

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bip9KlMxd04 - Ridiculous beatings all around

patmoran2006
03-08-2007, 03:51 PM
who is it? cant open file

Devin
LaRon "Footsteps" Landry

RockStar36
Laron Landry?

No thanks.

Nothing against the guy but we are set at safety.

Devin
03-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Landry and Whitner?

Christ, that would be the most lethal S combo in the NFL.

jamesiscool
who is it? cant open file

laron landry. he's a real once in a lifetime opportunity and an amazing player. if hefalls to us and we take him, i wont be mad cuz i know that no one is guna come thru the middle.

James

Devin
Laron Landry?

No thanks.

Nothing against the guy but we are set at safety.

Yeah, i guess Landry isnt really an upgrade over Simpson.

Devin
03-08-2007, 03:53 PM
laron landry. he's a real once in a lifetime opportunity and an amazing player. if hefalls to us and we take him, i wont be mad cuz i know that no one is guna come thru the middle.

James

Well said.

patmoran2006
marv wouldnt do it.. I sure as hell wouldnt complain though if he did.

Atlanta< houston or miami are scooping him up.. Im praying Okoye falls a tad..

Landry is the ****. Maybe we could improve in FA with LB and CB.. then ya never know.

RockStar36
It's not my point. We're set at safety. There are enough other holes on this team that need addressed right now. It wouldn't make sense to take another safety.

Devin
03-08-2007, 03:54 PM
marv wouldnt do it.. I sure as hell wouldnt complain though if he did.

Atlanta< houston or miami are scooping him up.. Im praying Okoye falls a tad..

Landry is the ****. Maybe we could improve in FA with LB and CB.. then ya never know.

Im sure hes long gone by our pick, just would be thrilled if he was there.

patmoran2006
03-08-2007, 03:54 PM
ive heard Laundry is another Ed Reed, but even a harder hitter.

Devin
03-08-2007, 03:56 PM
Yeah I watched him every year at LSU, that guy is going to be a star in the NFL. He and Whitner paired together would be nuts.

jamesiscool
03-08-2007, 03:56 PM
ive heard Laundry is another Ed Reed, but even a harder hitter.

i heard that shaud williams is the next walter payton.... and that josh reed is the next andre reed. and that tim anderson is the next fridge...........

James

patmoran2006
03-08-2007, 03:58 PM
I hope Houston takes him at 8 so he doesnt got to Miami at nine.

Even if a miracle happened, he would never get past Atlanta at 10.

I hear what Rock Star is saying about our safeties. but I dont think you EVER should pass on a special player because he isnt a need.

The Spaz
03-08-2007, 03:58 PM
i heard that shaud williams is the next walter payton.... and that josh reed is the next andre reed. and that tim anderson is the next fridge...........

James

Where did you hear that?

Carlton Bailey
03-08-2007, 04:00 PM
What about picking Landry and moving Whitner to corner?

jamesiscool
Where did you hear that?

tom donahoe told me.

Jersey1031
Pure hypothetical: If we could move a safety to Corner... Whitner, Simpson, Landry, and McGee would be a nasty secondary...

What about picking Landry and moving Whitner to corner?

Whiter is only 5' 10".

jmb1099
03-08-2007, 04:01 PM
Ouch! Man I'm sold. The play where he changed directions, planted his feet, and set the ballcarrier 10 yards back was amazing.

gr8slayer
03-08-2007, 04:04 PM
If it weren't for Marshawn Lynch I would say go for it. This guy is a beast.

The King
03-08-2007, 04:11 PM
He is a beast but we have significant needs, unless he can step up and play LBer its a glamour pick and leaves us bare elsewhere

Bert102176
03-08-2007, 04:13 PM
not what we need hell we have no MLB, nor a RB and your talking about taking a S smart dude really good thank god you aren't in the Bills front office

Bert102176
03-08-2007, 04:14 PM
sorry I got pissy been a really F*#$%* up month so far for me

Devin
03-08-2007, 04:15 PM
not what we need hell we have no MLB, nor a RB and your talking about taking a S smart dude really good thank god you aren't in the Bills front office

The Saints didnt need a RB but they drafted Reggie Bush.

I see what you mean though, wtf was I thinking I mean really? Who needs the next Ed Reed on thier team.

Dumb dumb dumb.

Devin
03-08-2007, 04:15 PM
The hit on that Bama QB was from what like 20 yards out?

Landry isnt just a good player hes a game changer.

The King
03-08-2007, 04:21 PM
The Saints didnt need a RB but they drafted Reggie Bush.

I see what you mean though, wtf was I thinking I mean really? Who needs the next Ed Reed on thier team.

Dumb dumb dumb.

Look at it this way its like having Peyton Manning with Houstons O-Line.. They are game changers they are elite... but they are nothing without a supporting cast. How good will he be if the D is on the field 40mins a game or if a tail back is breezing up the gut untouched. Sometimes you just have to pass on these guys because you have to paint the full picture.

Tatonka
03-08-2007, 04:26 PM
i love you guys that say we cant draft landry because we have other needs like LB, CB, RB ect..

because your probably right.. i am pretty sure every nfl quality LB, CB, DT, and RB will be off the board by the time we pick in the 2nd or 3rd twice..

:rolleyes:

****ing ko simpson is a 4th round pick.. it is not like we are talking about replacing whitner for god sakes.. ko has shown NOTHING to be classified as "set at safety".

Tatonka
03-08-2007, 04:27 PM
and that whole "we have enough safeties" comment that was made yesterday.. yeah.. judging from who was visiting today at OBD, i guess the coaching staff thinks so too.. unless they were just interviewing mccadams to be our 10th "special teams only because they arent good enough to play offense or defense" player.

The King
03-08-2007, 04:41 PM
i love you guys that say we cant draft landry because we have other needs like LB, CB, RB ect..

because your probably right.. i am pretty sure every nfl quality LB, CB, DT, and RB will be off the board by the time we pick in the 2nd or 3rd twice..

:rolleyes:

****ing ko simpson is a 4th round pick.. it is not like we are talking about replacing whitner for god sakes.. ko has shown NOTHING to be classified as "set at safety".

So you see safety as a glarring need we have to address at #12?

YardRat
03-08-2007, 04:46 PM
I'd take him, if he dropped. I don't think he'll be there when we pick, though.

DraftBoy
03-08-2007, 04:50 PM
Id take him at 12, Id move Donte to CB too. Donte started as a CB at OSU, and Landry can play either Safety posistion. I want Ko back there though bc Donte isnt a ballhawk and Landry is more of an enforcer. I want a ballhawk FS.

Devin
03-08-2007, 04:55 PM

Its not a matter of that.

There are about 4-5 positions on this team that are fine. 2 of which are K and P.

Almost everything else could be upgraded at 12. Absolutley we have other needs, more important.

Landry, and players like Landry, whether you "need" (and thats open to interpretation) or not give you that extra something. They are the type of players you have to plan for, that can take over and change games.

Look at it this way. You can fill a need with a good player, or upgrade a position with an exceptional player.

I dont think hed be there anyway, all im saying is if we drafted him id not be dissapointed.

The King
03-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Look at it this way. You can fill a need with a good player, or upgrade a position with an exceptional player.

I dont think hed be there anyway, all im saying is if we drafted him id not be dissapointed.

Do you not feel that Willis is exceptional? MLBs are hard to come by I think if we pass in the first we miss out on the blue chip ILBs.

gr8slayer
03-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Id take him at 12, Id move Donte to CB too. Donte started as a CB at OSU, and Landry can play either Safety posistion. I want Ko back there though bc Donte isnt a ballhawk and Landry is more of an enforcer. I want a ballhawk FS.
Whitner at CB? I don't think I would like that idea.

And Simpson a ballhawk? Make me understand.

Devin
03-08-2007, 05:03 PM
Do you not feel that Willis is exceptional? MLBs are hard to come by I think if we pass in the first we miss out on the blue chip ILBs.

Willis is no question a force.

I dont think hes the same type of player Landry is however. Simply not in the same league in regards to what they bring to the table.

The King
03-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Willis is no question a force.

I dont think hes the same type of player Landry is however. Simply not in the same league in regards to what they bring to the table.

I guess we have to agree to disagree. I see Crowell Willis Spikes with Whitner and Simpson as a better backfield than Ellison Crowell Spikes with Landry and Whitner.

Mr. Pink
03-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Watching these clips reminds me a lot of the late great former UCLA Bruin, Cleveland Brown and Oakland Raider, Eric Turner. RIP

This kid is gonna be a player in this league boys and girls. And anyone who gets him will be set at Safety for quite some time.

Devin
03-08-2007, 05:21 PM
I guess we have to agree to disagree. I see Crowell Willis Spikes with Whitner and Simpson as a better backfield than Ellison Crowell Spikes with Landry and Whitner.

Thats fair.

Honestly I wont be dissapointed with either.

The King
03-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Thats fair.

Honestly I wont be dissapointed with either.

Just curious has any team ever gone safety in round 1 two years in a row?

Devin
03-08-2007, 05:30 PM
No idea, i dont know what the trend is in regards to that.

Course if we draft Okoye wed have gone DT round 1 two years running.

The King
03-08-2007, 05:33 PM
No idea, i dont know what the trend is in regards to that.

Course if we draft Okoye wed have gone DT round 1 two years running.

I think I am getting a jersey of whoever our first rounder is... I hope its not Okoye... Not a big fan of lineman jerseys.

Tatonka
03-08-2007, 05:50 PM

i see any player that will help this team significantly as a need at 12. i dont care what spot. you take the BEST AVAILABLE PLAYER.

Tatonka
03-08-2007, 05:53 PM
And Simpson a ballhawk? Make me understand.

I was just thinking the same thing.

Mr. Pink
03-08-2007, 06:11 PM
I was bored enough to look to see if any team has taken 2 Safeties in back to back years in Rd1. None. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Hell, there's teams like the Lions, who have never even drafted a Safety in Rd1 ever.

The closest is the Packers....they drafted Vinnie Clark-TBuck-George Teague in consecutive years.

Devin
03-08-2007, 11:23 PM
Well either way I think there are probably 3-5 players Marv could draft that would be nice upgrades/additions.