Is two 3rd round picks better than a 2nd this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Is two 3rd round picks better than a 2nd this year?

I'm on vacation right now so I haven't been keeping up on everything but I wish we had rec'd a 2nd rounder and a 7th to be used this year. Two 3rd rounders is okay but not as big of an impact.

Actaully it's a crappy deal because we don't realize the full benefit of the trade until next year.
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: Is two 3rd round picks better than a 2nd this year?

With good drafting and better coaching it doesnt matter where you pick.

i.e. Colston, Brady...Peters.....etc.

Ill take the 3 picks.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

Extra thirds can be traded to get higher picks
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

We're just in round 2 of this Jauron process, I'm sure it'll be another season before we see full potential. We will be able to use the 3rd next season as well.

Maybe we can get a comp pick for losing Clements and Fletcher as well?
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• The Answer
          The Plagiarist
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          I'm on vacation right now so I haven't been keeping up on everything but I wish we had rec'd a 2nd rounder and a 7th to be used this year. Two 3rd rounders is okay but not as big of an impact.

Actaully it's a crappy deal because we don't realize the full benefit of the trade until next year.
          It's a good deal as is assuming we keep all the picks - but if Marv pulls another McCargo type of move than it will be questionable.

Regardless Mcgahee was only worth a 4th round pick at best anyway, so The Answer shouldn't complain.

~The Answer

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

I would rather have had the second, but when you consider that some folks thought Buffalo would get no better than a third, 2 thirds and a seventh is a pretty good deal.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• RockStar36
              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
              • Sep 2004

The two 3rd round picks are better for the team in the long run. A 2nd round pick would probably have made a bigger impact this season but I'm perfectly ok with what they got.

D & S Sports

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Deepest draft in a while, two 3rds over a 2nd any day in this class
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                  • Feb 2005

Technically speaking... Considering it's Ravens picks... (2) 3rds = ~250 points while (1) 2nd = ~280.

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    It isn't a "crappy deal" at all.

Part of being a GM is clearing up current problems and preventing them from becoming major problems.

Willis was a current problem about to become a training camp distraction/major problem.

This deal puts the ball in the scouting dept and NFL player personnel dept.'s court.
                    Thats what they get paid for.

I am so, so sick of Willis and his agent talking about how good he could be while thinking that every single time a Bill was down after a play that it was WM and how many plays would he be out for now.

The guy and his package are freakin' jerks.

Get rid of the trash and move on.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      Deepest draft in a while, two 3rds over a 2nd any day in this class
                      Always take more picks over higher picks.

Comment

• Ed
                        • Sep 2002

I'd take 2 3rds over a 2nd anyday. I don't think the difference in talent between the 2nd and 3rd round is really that significant. It's all about doing your homework and having some luck. Some 3rd rounders turn out great some 2nd rounders turn out to be busts and vice versa. So at least with 2 3rd round picks you have and extra shot at getting a good player, even if you have to wait until next year.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                          is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Ed
                          I'd take 2 3rds over a 2nd anyday. I don't think the difference in talent between the 2nd and 3rd round is really that significant. It's all about doing your homework and having some luck. Some 3rd rounders turn out great some 2nd rounders turn out to be busts and vice versa. So at least with 2 3rd round picks you have and extra shot at getting a good player, even if you have to wait until next year.

MUCK
                          FIAMI

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

We received a 3rd and 7th this year, and a 3rd in 2008, for an average, unmotivated RB who never even seemed to be a true part of our team.

Congratulations, Marv, on a GREAT trade.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

P.S. No one was going to give us a 2nd anyway, so that's not really an issue.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X