PDA

View Full Version : Michael Smith weighs in on what we do now.

X-Era
03-08-2007, 04:48 PM
ESPN News just had him on, he mentioned the draft, he mentioned free agents.

The suprising thing, to me at least, that he mentioned is trading with a team that has two RB's already. He mentioned Car- Foster/Williams, Jax- Taylor/Drew. There were others, but I didnt catch them. He went on about for a good bit.

Thats an interesting twist. Id love Deangelo, I just dont see Carolina fessing him for anything cheap.

RedEyE
03-08-2007, 04:52 PM
I don't think so. I think Buffalo hits the season with A-Train and ___________. The other RB is coming from FA or the draft.

chernobylwraiths
03-08-2007, 04:55 PM
maybe they could make an offer for Michael Turner. He ain't gonna see the field behind LT.

Devin
03-08-2007, 04:58 PM

The suprising thing, to me at least, that he mentioned is trading with a team that has two RB's already. He mentioned Car- Foster/Williams, Jax- Taylor/Drew. There were others, but I didnt catch them. He went on about for a good bit.

Thats an interesting twist. Id love Deangelo, I just dont see Carolina fessing him for anything cheap.

Deangelo wouldnt be the back wed get. Wed get the injury prone Foster.

patmoran2006
03-08-2007, 04:59 PM
There is no way in Hell Carolina gives up Williams after ONE year.

I dont buy any of that.. We're signing a vet/stop gap and drafting a RB early

gr8slayer
03-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Man Jones-Drew would be a dream come true but it's not happening.

Yasgur's Farm
03-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Michael Turner is the answer.

X-Era
03-08-2007, 05:04 PM
There is no way in Hell Carolina gives up Williams after ONE year.

I dont buy any of that.. We're signing a vet/stop gap and drafting a RB early

Its a dream dude, relax. Take it down a notch. Its early, we have no clue whos drafting what where. Im not sure we even have the top 2 picks figured out yet, much less the top 12.

Truth be known, we EASILY could go Lynch or Bush. Jauron is saying the Crowell can play any LB spot, and that they are thinking about him at ILB. If thats our move, we easily could grab a OLB in round 2 or even 3. Ive heard of Puz dropping to the 3rd, I can see it happening and hed be a good pick.

The Answer
03-08-2007, 05:07 PM

THE ANSWER is currently on Dallas's roster: MARION BARBER THE THIRD.

Former golden gopher is a TD machine and the next marshall faulk type of back.

Get him in a Bills uniform ASAP please.

~The Answer

X-Era
03-08-2007, 05:09 PM

~The Answer

He was mentioned, thanks for reminding me. But, franhly, I dont want either Barber OR Jones.

Neither is a top RB in this league and I think a Lynch, Peterson, or even Bush may become that.

The Answer
03-08-2007, 05:14 PM
He was mentioned, thanks for reminding me. But, franhly, I dont want either Barber OR Jones.

Neither is a top RB in this league and I think a Lynch, Peterson, or even Bush may become that.

MB3 isn't a top back yet because he's been held down the last 2 years and forced to share time with another overrhyped bust (Julius Jones) behind a worse oline than Buffalo.

Dude can run, catch, block, score - you name it. You give him a bulk of the carries and he's going to get at least 1500 total combined rushing/receiving yards.

Why draft an unknown and take a risk? The Answer has never been a big fan of drafting RB's in the 1st round anyway.

Let's get a deal in place and bring MB3 to Buffalo!!!:bandwagon

~The Answer

Philagape
03-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Barber would be great, but I suspect Dallas knows that too and would rather keep him. Doesn't do much good to wish we had the best players on other teams.

MTBillsFan
03-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Turner's price is way too expensive right now with SD

The Answer
03-08-2007, 06:46 PM
Barber would be great, but I suspect Dallas knows that too and would rather keep him. Doesn't do much good to wish we had the best players on other teams.

Not necessarily - Jerry Jones still think Julius Jones is a premier back and MB3 is never going to get a fair shake as long as both are on the roster.

~The Answer

Bert102176
03-08-2007, 06:49 PM
Michael Turner no ty

X-Era
03-08-2007, 06:49 PM
Turner's price is way too expensive right now with SD

I agree, but again, I honestly dont want him.

I just dont want a guy who hasnt exactly lit up the league. I want youth, ESPECIALLY at RB where wear and tear burns them out. Thats why Im not a big Dillon fan, can he play? yes, I must conceed that. But hes SOOOO long in the tooth.

If it HAD to be this route. Id go Drew, D Williams, or Maroney. We could get about NONE of them, so whats the point.

Id add in one more player, Cadillac. Yet another player that isnt going anywhere.

ShadowHawk7
03-08-2007, 07:08 PM
Man, Foster would be spectacular from Carolina. I wonder if they'd do it for our early third and a 6th...

GarnOFreak
03-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Deangelo wouldnt be the back wed get. Wed get the injury prone Foster.

If we combined hi mwith Chris Brown they might play a whole season.....

GarnOFreak
03-08-2007, 07:14 PM

~The Answer

We'd have a better chance of them giving us Julius Jones. The Cowboy fans forums are talking like they want Barber to be the featured back after what they saw last year. I just don't know if Barber is any better between the 20s than Jones.

GarnOFreak
03-08-2007, 07:16 PM
what about Ricky?

(j/k)

BADTHINGSMAN
03-09-2007, 06:21 AM
Just saw this segment on Mike and Mike in the Morning.. Detriot was another name mentioned by Micheal Smith..

Saratoga Slim
03-09-2007, 08:32 AM
How bout this: the 7th rounder we acquired from Baltimore, together with Shaud Williams and our new Jumbotron, for Ladanian Tomlinson.

Novacane
03-09-2007, 02:07 PM
Michael Smith also said Buffalo has had the worst offseason of anyteam. He doesn't know squat

Don't Panic
03-09-2007, 02:16 PM
We'd have a better chance of them giving us Julius Jones. The Cowboy fans forums are talking like they want Barber to be the featured back after what they saw last year. I just don't know if Barber is any better between the 20s than Jones.

Jones is intriguing. He didn't get it done as was hoped last year, but he is just the type of back that a Fairchild fofense calls for. Plus, with Barber on the rise, we may be able to get him on the cheap. Might get done with a 3rd. My first choice is Turner. He has a lot of miles left and can really hit the hole hard (that sounds wrong). Either way, I say we look to a guy like Leonard. This guy is a power back, is decent at pass catching, has a killer work ethic, and is a great blocker. He will instantly make any back he is paired with better.

Luisito23
03-09-2007, 02:22 PM
Enough of this getting other team's leftovers.......Let's get our brand new RB through the draft, and have A-Train back him up, or vice versa.........No more coveting people
s garbage please....:bandwagon.....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!

sdbillsfan1
03-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Enough of this getting other team's leftovers.......Let's get our brand new RB through the draft, and have A-Train back him up, or vice versa.........No more coveting people
s garbage please....:bandwagon.....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!

No kidding ............Let's go get our own thru the draft and pass em off to someone else in a couple years ! Actually I do agree.... No more left overs or outcast has-beens for me either !