PDA

View Full Version : My take on what we do next

GhostofVanPelt
03-08-2007, 07:21 PM
hey..

this is my first post on this site..

Anyway, I liked Willis(just bought his jersey), but if he didn't want to be here, he had to go.

I hear our Bills are bringing in Corey Dillon and Dominic Rhodes for visits. I think that would be a mistake.

Bills have the A-Train(unless he is a FA) and Shaud Williams. Both are good scat backs IMO.

Anyway, every team that needed a back this offseason got one(except for the Giants and Packers). That means we should be able to get a good RB in the 3rd or 4th round.

Antonio Pittman ran a 4.40 at the combine, Kenny Irons is a good player, Michael Bush should be a contributer(although is he really an upgrade over A-Train?), even Marshawn Lynch could be an option(though I doubt they spend the 1st round pick on a RB).

Rookie RB's are generally good value, and RARELY busts.

Leon Washington
Jerious Norwood
Maurice Jones-Drew

all these guys were had in the 3rd-4th round last year, and this years RB class is even deeper than last years.

So..

rookie RB with fresh legs are better and cheaper than older Free Agent backs.

YardRat
03-08-2007, 07:27 PM
I'd take a rookie and pair him with Thomas for the year, as long as we address corner and/or LB in free agency.

I'd also be OK with picking up Rhodes/Dillon as a patch, and look for a RB in next year's draft.

X-Era
03-08-2007, 07:28 PM
hey..

this is my first post on this site..

Anyway, I liked Willis(just bought his jersey), but if he didn't want to be here, he had to go.

I hear our Bills are bringing in Corey Dillon and Dominic Rhodes for visits. I think that would be a mistake.

Bills have the A-Train(unless he is a FA) and Shaud Williams. Both are good scat backs IMO.

Anyway, every team that needed a back this offseason got one(except for the Giants and Packers). That means we should be able to get a good RB in the 3rd or 4th round.

Antonio Pittman ran a 4.40 at the combine, Kenny Irons is a good player, Michael Bush should be a contributer(although is he really an upgrade over A-Train?), even Marshawn Lynch could be an option(though I doubt they spend the 1st round pick on a RB).

Rookie RB's are generally good value, and RARELY busts.

Leon Washington
Jerious Norwood
Maurice Jones-Drew

all these guys were had in the 3rd-4th round last year, and this years RB class is even deeper than last years.

So..

rookie RB with fresh legs are better and cheaper than older Free Agent backs.

Are you truly new or simply a new handle for an old poster?

Anyways, welcome to the best Bills board on the net bar none.

Now, my personal take is for us to think bigger, I dont want to "get by" at RB, I want a stud.

Marv, Jauron, everyone was clear. Our issues are run and stop the run. We just traded our highly thought of RB (dont ask Bills fans), we have No starter. The thought is UP-grade, not downgrade by subtraction. We must replace with even better, IMO.

McBFLO
03-08-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm all for NOT re-signing A-Train and going for Rhodes and a rookie.

SquishDaFish
03-08-2007, 07:55 PM
Welcome to the Zone bro.

ShadowHawk7
03-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Hey, I would tend to agree with you about the younger RBs. However, I believe that Chris Brown, who is still 26 has all the tools to be a great back in this league. And he proved it, to an extent. All he has to do is stay healthy. At RB, I'd like

Chris Brown
3rd/4th round pick
SW