PDA

View Full Version : Guys, Guys, lets get real here for a second.

X-Era
03-08-2007, 07:39 PM
There are gonna be RB's released. Im seeing comments on Ruben Droughns now.

The thought after this season was to UPgrade the run and D against the run. Dillon, Brown, Rhodes, now Droughns, even Turner. Are any of these guys a REAL upgrade? On the field, we got rid of Willis for very good reasons, but now lets upgrade. These guys arent sure fire upgrades. Our best shot right now is through a really big trade for a proven RB whos much better than Willis or the draft. These guys are retreads. Dillon, 5 years ago would have been a good move, not so much now. Brown did so well that Tenn traded for our Henry to replace him. Rhodes did so well, that the let Edge walk and then immediately drafted a RB to start. Droughns was traded for but hasnt done much for any of the teams he played for either.

We need to think bigger. No one knows about the draft picks. But, if the scouts really see a guy who can start day one, and be better than McGahee day one, lets go that route.

Sorry, but I dont see any reason for signing someone who couldnt manage to be a starter. Dillons the only guy that was a starter last year, and his age is why the Pats drafted an new guy and then let him walk.

Like I said, UPGRADE. Not push or downgrade. We are supposed to be on the rise, lets make this move an upgrade.

GarnOFreak
03-08-2007, 07:43 PM
You mean like getting Rudi Johnson? The bengals have Chris Perry who was a 1st rounder....

X-Era
03-08-2007, 07:50 PM
You mean like getting Rudi Johnson? The bengals have Chris Perry who was a 1st rounder....

Johnson is the type of trade that would be great. But it will take alot and the Bills are more likely to go the youth route.

Typ0
03-08-2007, 08:36 PM
for a guy that's going to get a lot of carries backs are better during their first year of the season before they take the punishment of the NFL. If we can find a RB in the draft who can be a part of the passing game that would be great.

Bert102176
03-08-2007, 08:46 PM
Let's talk to Tiki Barber he only retired from the Giants cause of their dumb ass coach which is an A-Hole

gil
03-08-2007, 08:51 PM
I don't see us "upgrading" through free agency or a trade - willis was above average to good - the available RB's right now are probably below his level - which I'm fine with - get a guy - or two - who's not worn out, can handle a lot of carries, make some plays and look to the draft. Even with a stud in the draft, we're going to need depth, Shaud ain't gonna cut it.

Philagape
03-08-2007, 08:56 PM
The upgrade is on the line.

ZacGriffi~82
03-08-2007, 08:57 PM
I thought we were getting real. The Bills are going to try and increase the running games production throught a duo-RB system.

ParanoidAndroid
03-08-2007, 09:29 PM
I just posted something about this in another thread, but I'll say it again. If Houston releases Domanick Williams, we should give him a serious look.