PDA

View Full Version : Willis gets LT money!!!!

BILLSROCK1212
03-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Willis to get paid

<table style="border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(0, 45, 120);" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td align="left">Today
</td> <td align="right">Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 4:43 PM ET | Link (http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=1109)

</td> </tr></tbody></table> WILLIS TO GET PAID: According to Pro Football Talk (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm), the Ravens are close to an agreement on a contract extension with Willis McGahee that will make him one of the highest paid running backs in the NFL! It's reportedly a 7-year $40M deal which includes a $7.5M signing bonus, an option bonus of $6M and a second option bonus of $1.5M. It averages $5.73M a year. LaDainian Tomlinson is due to make $5.75M in base salary in 2008.
LT money?! Are you kidding me?! This guy was 25th in total yards last year among running backs. The 25th running back!
This is just further proof that there's no way McGahee could have, or wanted to be re-signed by Buffalo. It's better that they got some value in return for him instead of winding up with nothing next year in light of the money he will reportedly land with the Ravens.
Baltimore just de-valued their trade by throwing way too much money at him.

GarnOFreak
03-08-2007, 07:48 PM
you sure the article was spelled with a "P" not an "L".....oh wait, we don't have to worry about that anymore! :clap:

GhostofVanPelt
03-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Lets be fair...

Willis can very well be to them what Jamal Lewis was to the Ravens in his prime..

Is the Ravens oline as good?

We'll see..

dolphan117
03-08-2007, 07:51 PM
I believe I read its basically a 4 year 20 million dollar deal with high back end salaries that inflate it with several years we all know he will never see. Probably gets re-negotiated after those first 4 years.

M
03-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Well, that's only right ... he is the best back in the league.

/sarcasm.

gr8slayer
03-08-2007, 08:37 PM
Had the cap not gone up that wouldn't be the case.