PDA

View Full Version : My Theory on Willis Trade

ghz in pittsburgh
03-08-2007, 08:38 PM
is that

Willis & his agent asked for an extension
The Bills & Willis cannot come to a common ground on Willis' value; I think they might be far apart.
Willis then asked for a trade.
The Bills agreed to do so.It does look like Willis is going to be a long-term solution for the Bills so they're just happy to get some value right now.

Typ0
03-08-2007, 08:41 PM
maybe they decided they weren't going to pay the guy so dealt him now and got something.

YardRat
03-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Given that Rosenhaus is his agent, I'd be surprised if this were the case considering the lack of public statements from his side.

Could be right, though.

Mr. Miyagi
03-08-2007, 09:27 PM
maybe they decided they weren't going to pay the guy so dealt him now and got something.
That is exactly the situation. Willis will be looking for a big pay day next year and we'll lose him for nothing. So let's get something for him now. I think it was a great business move. :up:

Michael82
03-08-2007, 09:38 PM
That is exactly the situation. Willis will be looking for a big pay day next year and we'll lose him for nothing. So let's get something for him now. I think it was a great business move. :up:
I wish we did it with Clements last year. :sigh:

Throne Logic
03-08-2007, 09:50 PM
Too bad this didn't come up earlier. We may have been able to get Baltimore to franchise Thomas and work a trade that way. Oh well. Crappy Pats.

ublinkwescore
03-08-2007, 10:53 PM
Fook the Pats!