PDA

View Full Version : The Western Conference BLOWS

JD
03-08-2007, 08:57 PM
..at least most teams do

The clutch 'N grab-playing the trap-type game that they play is just so rediculous. I fell asleep for the fourth time this season watching hockey. All 4 games were vs. Western teams. No wonder they have such low goals against throughout the conference, they play 3 guys at the line and constantly dump the puck just short of icing when they have the lead in the third.

BORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRING

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-08-2007, 09:21 PM
Yeah well your going to see more of that style tomorrow night :puke: the Wild play the same way with Jaques Lemarie as their coach he was the coach when he coached the Devils and when they won the Stanley Cup and that's all the Devils did was play the trap, and we'll probably see it on Saturday also when NJ comes to the arena. But the good news is were 3-1 against the West this year :dance:

SabreEleven
03-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Without doing any research, didn't we lose to St. Louis earlier this year and we just lost to Colorado...That's 2 loses right there.

RockStar36
03-09-2007, 10:57 AM
:headscrat

I got 6-4 against the West this year.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-09-2007, 05:50 PM
AWAY Red Wings 3 - 2 W
AWAY Predators 7 - 2 W
AWAY Blues 2 - 3 O
HOME Canucks 3 - 4 W
HOME Avalanche 3 - 2 L
HOME Flames 2 - 3 W
AWAY Blackhawks 2 - 1 W
AWAY Blue Jackets 2 - 3 L
HOME Oilers 1 - 2 W
HOME Wild
http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=page&page=TeamSchedule&team=BUF&season=20062007

6-3 against the Western Conference (Blues was an OT loss) still we own the Western teams

GThirst
03-10-2007, 12:02 PM
No we don't. We shootout win/Overtime win most of them.

The northwest division is 2-0-3 against us. We are supposed to be the best team in the Eastern Conference, or even the best in the league.

That is certainly not owning them.

Besides that, the Western Conference has a very swayed winning record over the east.

Western Conference is superior to the east. Western games are fun to watch because they know the trap and can break through it. The Sabres play terrible teams in the east all the time and don't know what defense is. New Jersey will be a big test for us.

Additionaly, Goaltending is much better in the west. Broduer is the only goalie on the level of Luongo, Kipper, Nabokov, etc etc. Broduer is debatebly the best in the league, but Miller and DiPietro can't even touch those goalies.

I believe the west is better than the east this year, and it is obvious that the Sabres would not be the highest scoring team if they were in that conference.

But the east HAS won the cup the last few years, so I guess we'll have to wait and see which conference is truly better.