PDA

View Full Version : Dillon snubed Buffalo?

camelcowboy
03-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Thats the way total access phrased it. Screw you grampa no one wants you anyway.:stick:

Carlton Bailey
03-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Dillon got my hopes sky high and shot them right back down.

Tatonka
03-08-2007, 10:15 PM
adam schefter said that dillon actually cancelled his visit today w/ buffalo, because "he doesnt want to play in buffalo". he would rather play with a team like philly, who has a better chance at the playoffs.

that is pretty much exactly what he said.

camelcowboy
03-08-2007, 10:17 PM
adam schefter said that dillon actually cancelled his visit today w/ buffalo, because "he doesnt want to play in buffalo". he would rather play with a team like philly, who has a better chance at the playoffs.

that is pretty much exactly what he said.

Good luck finding a job you washed up hack.

Michael82
03-08-2007, 10:18 PM
Dillon can go to hell! :mad:

Mr. Miyagi
03-08-2007, 10:18 PM
Honestly I never wanted Dillon.

Rhodes and Brown combo would be nice, but Rhodes and 1st day rookie would be better.

camelcowboy
03-08-2007, 10:20 PM
Honestly I never wanted Dillon.

Rhodes and Brown combo would be nice, but Rhodes and 1st day rookie would be better.

There is no doubt in my mind that we are drafting a running back high this year.

evol4276
03-08-2007, 10:23 PM
hahaha thatd be great if thats how it was worded.. ive always hated him (once i knew who he was)

gr8slayer
03-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Already posted

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=121854

camelcowboy
03-08-2007, 10:28 PM
Already posted

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=121854

Said nothing about him Snubing the bills, just him canceling his trip. This stems from comments from Total Access. Not trying to steal your thunder there different subjects :up: Your post applies he might come next week. Thats hardly the case now

JJamezz
03-08-2007, 10:28 PM
Sounds more to me like he didn't want to come to another team where he'd have to split carries and wouldn't be 'the man'... I didn't hear the Sirius interview this afternoon, but from what Tatonka wrote, Jauron & co. talked to Dillon and were upfront that this would be the case in Buffalo, and Dillon needed to make his decision accordingly.

camelcowboy
03-08-2007, 10:37 PM
Sounds more to me like he didn't want to come to another team where he'd have to split carries and wouldn't be 'the man'... I didn't hear the Sirius interview this afternoon, but from what Tatonka wrote, Jauron & co. talked to Dillon and were upfront that this would be the case in Buffalo, and Dillon needed to make his decision accordingly.

At 33 he has teams knocking down the door for him to be a full time starter :lol:

Carlton Bailey
03-08-2007, 10:37 PM
What a *****. Screw him. I can't believe I wanted the guy.

Mitchy moo
03-08-2007, 10:38 PM
dillon played this year?

Tatonka
03-08-2007, 11:00 PM
i still want him here.. i hope he changes his mind.. he is clearly the best running back available.

Carlton Bailey
03-08-2007, 11:07 PM
i still want him here.. i hope he changes his mind.. he is clearly the best running back available.

I'm harsh on the guy a couple posts up, but I still agree with you.

feelthepain
03-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Hmmmm, interesting. I think he would know what a winner looks like, he's been one for the last several years.

njsue
03-08-2007, 11:16 PM
The Bills don't need a washed up over the hill banged up RB!

Basically the Bills don't need any more Patsy hand me downs!

Ickybaluky
03-08-2007, 11:21 PM
It does sound like he snubbed Buffalo (http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/?p=1040):

As scout.com reported earlier today, RB Corey Dillon did not make the trip to Buffalo today, as was scheduled. According to his agent, Dillon simply wanted to re-evaluate his options.

“It may be (next week),” said Steve Feldman. “But I’m not certain that Buffalo’s the opportunity we’re looking for.”

The Bills traded Willis McGahee to the Ravens today, putting the team in need of a back. That also would seem to eliminate Baltimore, which had shown interest in Dillon, from the fray. Another team that has contacted Dillon’s camp, Philadelphia, provides an intriguing option for the bruising back.

“We’re anxious to join a playoff-ready team,” said Feldman. “That would make the Eagles an attractive option.”

Sounds like Buffalo is his backup choice.

I don't know if Dillon is looking to be a feature back. For all the talk about Corey asking for his release from the Patriots, Scott Pioli made it sound today (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/03/pioli_on_weei_1.html) like he was going to be released anyway:

Did the Corey Dillon situation catch you guys by surprise?
“What situation?”

The request to be released.
“Again, urban legend. I think sometimes what happens, I would say this –- I would debate whether Corey or Corey’s representation asked for a release, because Corey certainly did not. Again, we released Corey, and that’s all there is. Sometimes how things get twisted and explained in different ways. We had a good, long conversation with those folks and that’s a decision we made.”

Why did you release him?
“I think it was time for both sides to move in different directions. We loved Corey. Corey Dillon helped get us a championship, he had the single-season rushing record, and he was a huge part of us winning the Super Bowl championship. We just felt, for a number of reasons, after a good lengthy discussion, it was in the best interest of both sides to move in different directions.”

djjimkelly
03-08-2007, 11:28 PM
bills need marshaun lynch thats what they need a RB that catches and runs hes the 2007 version of thurman. i know we need other positions but think about it 1 rb on roster none of these other rbs truly have a serious pedigree we are drafting him

mikemac2001
03-09-2007, 12:42 AM
I hope we dont get Dillon, i hate him i hate how he looks...i just dont like the guy. Rather have A train and a rookie then have to watch dillon do nothing except run behind peters and dockery for easy td's and boost his ego even more.

Ickybaluky
03-09-2007, 01:04 AM
From Adam Schefter (http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10048237):

BUFFALO: Free-agent running back Corey Dillon was scheduled to visit the Bills today, before the team consummated a trade sending Willis McGahee to the Baltimore Ravens. But before he could take the trip, Dillon cancelled, thinking that Buffalo did not represent the right situation for him. Dillon is unwilling to go to a team he does not feel is on the cusp of a championship, and the Bills, in his eyes, do not qualify. Dillon, however, would welcome the chance to play for the Philadelphia Eagles or Tennessee Titans, where he could be a complementary back on what he believes is a surefire playoff contender.

Buffalo still could look to Chris Brown, and it will look to upgrade in the draft, especially with the extra third- and seventh-round picks it has from Baltimore.

hammerbillsfan
03-09-2007, 01:05 AM
Tennessee Titans?

Ok Corey get your head out of your ass.

Night Train
03-09-2007, 02:09 AM
There is no doubt in my mind that we are drafting a running back high this year.

A first day pick this year AND next year.

X-Era
03-09-2007, 06:16 AM
Thats the way total access phrased it. Screw you grampa no one wants you anyway.:stick:

We werent good enough for him. I think hes lazy. Thats the only reason he would want to go to a team likely headed to the SB, lord knows he wont start on that team. Sounds like he just wants to get paid alot to sit the bench.

Screw him!

mybills
03-09-2007, 06:20 AM
:lolpoint: to everyone who hoped we'd sign him.

The Bills don't need a washed up over the hill banged up RB!

Basically the Bills don't need any more Patsy hand me downs!
That's the polar opposite of what you said in that other thread.

njsue
03-09-2007, 06:23 AM
The Bills would be better off to draft a RB. Fresh legs vs over the hill.

njsue
03-09-2007, 06:24 AM
:lolpoint: to everyone who hoped we'd sign him.

That's the polar opposite of what you said in that other thread.

I had time to think like Dillon did.

DraftBoy
03-09-2007, 06:35 AM
He doesnt want to come here, then good for him, Id rather us not waste our time. I dont care what he thinks, though I do agree with him, about Buffalo not being a contender yet. But Im not gonna get all pissed off because he cancelled a visit, I never wanted him here.

ddaryl
03-09-2007, 06:46 AM
there are some seriously bitter pills being swallowed here.

Jeff1220
03-09-2007, 06:50 AM
I would've liked to see him share carries w/ a Lynch or other promising rookie, but so be it. It'll be a lot more comfortable for us to have him reprise his role as the villain anyway.

snow1989
03-09-2007, 06:50 AM
I would prefer Dillon not be signed.....he's old for an RB, and prior to joining the Pats he was a disruption on a losing team....simply meaning if Buff starts out the gate slow and hasn't jelled yet...he'll be stirring the pot....and I just don't think we need it in the locker-room....I'm sure he still has a few yards left in him under the right conditions, but Buff isn't it

mybills
03-09-2007, 06:53 AM
I had time to think like Dillon did.
:rofl:
Glad you came to your senses! :D

Jan Reimers
03-09-2007, 06:58 AM
The guy will be 33, is at this point a very average back, and doesn't want to be here.

Kind of an older version of Willis, without the illegitimate kids.

TacklingDummy
03-09-2007, 07:32 AM

Im glad he snubbed Buffalo. We don't want him or need him. I'd rather have a rookie play all year.

On a side note, I wouldn't be surprised if Spikes called up Dillion and told him not to come to Buffalo.

Gunzlingr
03-09-2007, 08:12 AM
I didn't want him here anyway. Anybody remember his attitude in Cincy when they weren't winning?

The King
03-09-2007, 08:19 AM
Dillon wasn't even able to cut effectively last year, he is a relief back and has no business carrying the ball more than 8 times a game. Rhodes is the way to go, he is significantly younger more versatile and more durable.

njsue
03-09-2007, 08:42 AM
:rofl:
Glad you came to your senses! :D

Well of course :biggrin:

JJamezz
03-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Good, I'm tired of all the garbage-picking from the Pats roster anyway - there's a REASON these guys get released!

njsue
03-09-2007, 09:31 AM
Good, I'm tired of all the garbage-picking from the Pats roster anyway - there's a REASON these guys get released!

I know that's right!

blackonyx89
03-09-2007, 10:08 AM
If he didn't want to come to Buffalo why did you waste your time and ours !?! That's ******ed!

Night Train
03-09-2007, 11:17 AM
LOL . He's here today.

DynaPaul
03-09-2007, 11:20 AM
Who cares? I was never for signing him anyway.

Ickybaluky
03-09-2007, 11:24 AM
Dillon wasn't even able to cut effectively last year, he is a relief back and has no business carrying the ball more than 8 times a game. Rhodes is the way to go, he is significantly younger more versatile and more durable.

Rhodes signed with Oakland.

mchurchfie
03-09-2007, 11:48 AM
Me too, I agree. I really don't hold it against him for wanting to go to a playoff contender if he could. He only has a few good years left and Buffalo still has a ways to go. I don't really think he has anything personal against Buffalo.